Yeah most vehichles that are meant to go fast do

[edit] technically all cars have a caster angle, but with some its more than others

Has this ever been frontpaged? I rarely browse this part of the forum but this has to be not only one of the best technic mocs, but one of the best lego mocs I've ever seen!

Great job!

normally the wheels are even so the car is level but the front have a caster angle so as they are pushed up they go backwards to help at high speeds.

also sorry if you already knew what a caster angle was :sceptic:

Interesting. I thought caster angle increases self-aligning torque and thus steering stability. I need to revisit my vehicle/tire dynamics books.

A quick question about BI.

On step 69+29 (page 38) two Black Pin with Pin Hole are added to the rear suspension assembly... But they are somehow "floating" since no pin or axle is used to fix them in place...

Is it an error?

Later (step 75, page 45) they are used to install the engine and a note is written about the need to remove/reinsert connectors... But since the two pinholes are not fixed, there apparently is no need to remove the connectors...

Interesting. I thought caster angle increases self-aligning torque and thus steering stability. I need to revisit my vehicle/tire dynamics books.

Hey, I have no outside knowledge of these things, so don't go thinking you're wrong just because I said something...

What you said sounds right, maybe I should have phrased it differently. Also if you have BOOKS on this than you're probably more right than I am.

A quick question about BI.

On step 69+29 (page 38) two Black Pin with Pin Hole are added to the rear suspension assembly... But they are somehow "floating" since no pin or axle is used to fix them in place...

Is it an error?

Later (step 75, page 45) they are used to install the engine and a note is written about the need to remove/reinsert connectors... But since the two pinholes are not fixed, there apparently is no need to remove the connectors...

I used 2 black pins (2780) to fix them.

On page 45 you have to remove the 2 LBG connectors (42003) to install the engine and not the 2 black pin connectors (15100).

I used 2 black pins (2780) to fix them.

On page 45 you have to remove the 2 LBG connectors (42003) to install the engine and not the 2 black pin connectors (15100).

Thanks

I supposed that and I already used a couple of pins to fix them, too.

Finished!

71f7a3f9gw1f3vyw7q7ktj20zk0qowmb.jpg71f7a3f9gw1f3vywgsukhj20zk0qotge.jpg

71f7a3f9gw1f3vz3fn817j20zk0qoth8.jpg71f7a3f9gw1f3vz3bqpfsj20zk0qotj3.jpg

I think it is by far the best super car MOC I have ever built in terms of appearance and function. Everything works smoothly.

Nice collection! What are the matching red and yellow models on the right side of the table?

Looks like this Lambo.

Not sure if I did something wrong or had a few too many beers last night while building, but the steering assembly was unclear and a nightmare to get into place.

BI did not show how steering assembly is installed to the chassis. You have to figure it out yourself. It is not that hard though.

Incredible car! Great that there are buildplans for it.

I wanted to build it, so bougt the plans @ mocplans, but mocplans is horrible!

There is no download available just a crappy Flash player powered building instructions viewer, which makes building anything a horrible experience.

So sadly enough I give up on build this beautiful model.

I found the same thing and ended up taking screenshots from Mocplans and making a pdf for my personal use, so that I could effectively view them. Mocplans also wasn't working with Chrome, had to use firefox.

Plans are really well done.

I am not a fan of Mocplans either but I don't find it horrible. Sometimes it flips a page when I am panning but it isn't the end of the world. I would prefer a pdf download for future reference.

I only have an hour or two each night to work on the model so it is taking me a bit of time to get through it but I will say it is looking good! I prefer these type of instructions over photo sequence building instructions but I have noticed many steps done in an odd order. For instance, a sub assembly is installed, then partially needs to be taken apart to install the next sub assembly. I appreciate people taking the time to make instructions for these amazing models, so this is in no way a complaint, more of an observation. All the other MOC's I have built never had so many instances of this happening.

Also people should be mindful of some small errors which can effect the workings of the model and look. On page 58 substep 6, the 1x2 LBG liftarm should be a bushing otherwise you can't upshift.

One page 117 substep 12 the ribbed hoses should be 9L.

On page 58 substep 6, the 1x2 LBG liftarm should be a bushing otherwise you can't upshift.

No, the part is right

It's supposed exactly to stop gearshifting Up and Down after 3 shifts.

So that you cannot go from 4th to 1st gear directly,

One page 117 substep 12 the ribbed hoses should be 9L.

Confirmed: BI are wrong

No, the part is right

It's supposed exactly to stop gearshifting Up and Down after 3 shifts.

So that you cannot go from 4th to 1st gear directly,

Then it is on the wrong side of the car.

Has anyone made a video of this car and its features? I've seen some of the shifter clips PVDB posted early on, but never the door function or anything else. Can someone post a video of the doors?

This car is totally incredible if I haven't mentioned that before... :wub:

I found the same thing and ended up taking screenshots from Mocplans and making a pdf for my personal use, so that I could effectively view them. Mocplans also wasn't working with Chrome, had to use firefox.

Plans are really well done.

Did the same thing too...which totally defeats the use of flash to protect the original PDF...I did make good use of screenpresso to avoid capturing any unwanted informations, thus making my screenshots very printer friendly.

For those interested in buying the instructions for this MOC, they do look very professional...here's a big spoiler* / ** :laugh:

1473e2f5-c2fc-4880-81d6-c8fefc3961f1.jpg

* don't ask me for any further screenshots, as I will not answer such requests : just by the plans and take some time to do the screenshots if you can't stand either Flash or MOCPlans...it took me about 1h to do so.

** MOCPlans should provide one or two sample pages to show the quality of what you're about to buy

Edited by charlesw

Incredible car! Great that there are buildplans for it.

I wanted to build it, so bougt the plans @ mocplans, but mocplans is horrible!

There is no download available just a crappy Flash player powered building instructions viewer, which makes building anything a horrible experience.

Agreed, MOCplans format is crap. This is the third car I have had the misfortune to build using this site.

Not a pleasant user experience!

You require as fast internet connection and a lot of patience to complete a project - most likely shall avoid using mocplans in the future unless they change and allow PDF downloads.

No reflection what so ever on the great designers or instruction makers, just the format.

OMR

Edited by OneMoreRobot