The Koenigsegg One:1 was introduced in 2014. Seven examples, including one prototype, were built during 2014 and 2015. This was one of the most exclusive production car programs ever envisaged in the car industry.

The hp-to-kg curb weight ratio is an astonishing 1:1. This has been called the “dream” equation, previously thought impossible when it comes to fully road legal and usable sports cars. The One:1 is the first homologated production car in the world with one Megawatt of power, thereby making it the world´s first series produced Megacar. More on the One:1 at http://koenigsegg.com/one1/

koenigsegg_photo1.jpg

This car grabbed my attention about a year ago so I decided to try to build it. The design parameters that I want to achieve include the following:

• Replicate the rear triplex suspension set up of the Koenigsegg One:1 as closely as possible
  • Replicate the front suspension set up
  • Syncro dihedral door hinges which are typically Koenigsegg
  • Paddle shift gearbox - a new challenge for me.
  • A good approximation of the real car with the bodywork.
  • Tough enough to withstand my young three year old playing with it.
  • Intuitive enough for my kids to explore the functions.

After a long build process and lots of experimentation I am really happy with the end result. The paddle shift gear box ended up being 3 speed plus reverse mainly due to space restrictions and also complexity. Perhaps a future project will be to expand this concept to include additional gears. The paddle shifts at the steering wheel are aesthetic in that they are linked to the actual manual shifters which are camouflaged on top of the dashboard, but it is not really possible to exert enough force on the dash paddles to change gear. This is presented in the images below and in the CAD image. Over time I will digitise this and add a bit of video to show the functions, but first, here are some pictures.

koenigsegg_one-1_front_1.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_rear_1.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_left_2.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_left_fronttop.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_front_3.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_left_1.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_right_open.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_right_front_open.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_right_fronttop_open.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_front_close_1.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_dashboard_1.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_inside_2.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_controls_1_annotated.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_gearbox_beams_off2.jpg

[TBC]

Edited by Pvdb

Congrats to this masterpiece and many thanks for sharing! I like the overall shape and I´m in love with this sequential gearbox & smooth shift mechanism & nice working(!) paddles. It motivates me to try a build of a full manual supercar one day. You really pushed the limits and "MEGACAR" is the only word which can describe it!

Amazing, such functional and beautiful model - all in one. So much attention to details, I like it a lot.

Instantly recognizable! Great work on the body, you really paid attention to all the details (especially those smaller aero diffusers on the front). What scale is this car? Looks to be the perfect size for lots of details without being too large and heavy.

When I looked at this I when from this :cry_happy: to this :wub: then to this :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

The bodywork and gearbox is stunning

Beautiful. Utterly beautiful.

If this doesn't make it into the Hall of Fame I'll eat my tyres :classic:

Waiting for this to be done has paid of! :)

This is really awesome (mega)car! I like the look and mechanics beneath it. Flowing of the colors are great too.

Front and back view are the best.

One thing i can note is that roof perhaps looks a bit too tall, compared to the real model, nut it can be just me.

Other than that, it seems perfectly matched :)

Koenigsegg_One1_Side-750x500.jpg

koenigsegg_one-1_left_2.jpg

I am absolute out of words for the final result for this mastepiece and for a Technic supercar this is stunning :wub: .

Not only the technic futures in it, but also the looks it's superB.

You must be ferry proud with the result Pvdb :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great work! Nice proportions and great mechanics idea with gear shifting. :)

Amazing where the actual Technic Models are nowdays, and amazing development progress...

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Looks fantastic! Wish i had all parts to build it myself :(.

Really like the way you integrated the gears for doors etc., great for playing. Subtle, but noticable enough to fiddle around with them.

Edited by AlphaX

Absolutely STUNNING! The bodywork is incredible, combined with the functions, it is one of the best best Lego supercars I've ever seen IMO. Any chance of instructions for this beauty?

The way you used the differential to power both sides of the gearbox....Wow! And the paddle shift mechanism, its also really well done.

And of course the exterrior, and interrior.... this has to be one of the best looking and functional supercars to date!

Its really amazing how well Lego has progressed, I mean 5 years ago almost no supercar had paddle style working gearboxes and just look at your and TLG's upcoming car.

It seems to be positive loop of building, learning and improving. Personally I am trully inspired, thanks to your amazing model.