cimddwc

3 Modular Houses - old & modern, with Kwik-E-Mart, TBBT and more

Really great work again, congrats! My favorite is the sand green building - that color is really nice. I especially like the pictures of the houses within your city - I hope to have something like this one day... :-)

This is a really interesting combination of architectural styles. The modern one is my least favourite, although it's not bad at all. I'm specifically interesting in the top cube, as it seems to have a great view of the city. Other than that, the modern facades are usually less interesting, as they don't have the detailing as the older building. The older buildings are very nice too, and they add some contrast to the street. It's great to see buildings with interiors partly inspired by the sets. Well done.

:O Spectacular! The Big Bang set looks %1000 times better as part of a building. The stores are all brilliant. That living room in the modern house to, nice plasma screen! (Yet so simple!)

You even have catenary poles set for the electric train too!

You have made the most wonderfully eccentric city... so much humor and personality in every inch! I'm not sure by what alchemy, but these three buildings go perfectly together. Fantastic!

Thanks again, everyone!

How long did it take you to creat such a detailed city diarama?

Well, it's still work in progress... I moved into this apartment 3 1/2 years ago, but had built a few houses before, and still got more houses and a lot of scenery to do. Well, I'm in no hurry here. :)

For some reason I can't get over that black room on top of the building. It's so smooth and well done. How did you come up with that? What is it called? Is it based off anything in real life?

The house that inspired this: see here in Wikipedia (already linked above), or this newspaper article with another view. That irregular shape was impossible to recreate in Lego, but at this scale, my windows-on-both-sides version is better anyway. And using 2x2 tiles and curved slopes continues the look of the walls below.

You even have catenary poles set for the electric train too!

Though I'm not completely happy with them - the lower bar sits rather loosely, and it could use a short third bar to look a bit more realistic. At least they are rather cheap and easy to build this way. :)

I love every single bit of this set and all the nice details. The corner house is an absolute beauty. It all looks so real. Even dragons can't resist a little nap in the sunshine on the rooftop. :dsweet:

Simply dazzling.

The middle building with the Kwik-E-Mart is excellent. Some really nice use of textures, and I REALLY love that you have built TBBT into it. I'd never thought of that! I may have to try something like that with my TBBT set.

Thanks for sharing!

Great work with shapes and colors and the interiors are very inspired. I particulary love the two old-style buildings.

It looks like I'm not the only one who got the idea to build a modular around TBBT set although I didn't get around to do it yet. :classic:

Your whole collection of MOCs and MODs that can be seen on flickr is great.

These buildings looks great.

Did you make more real minifigversions of Homer, Bart and that Kwik-e market owner? They look good.

Thanks again!

Did you make more real minifigversions of Homer, Bart and that Kwik-e market owner? They look good.

I got some in my modularized Simpsons house, of course. And I used some other bodies used elsewhere, but it's more mix and match than making "real" minifigures.

Holy cow! Those are gorgeous buildings! So many amazing details that I don't even know where to start. Just... fantastic.