cimddwc

3 Modular Houses - old & modern, with Kwik-E-Mart, TBBT and more

Hi everyone,

my latest creation is a group of three houses, featuring two old-style ones and a modern one:

24755366362_4d26fbb995_c.jpg

Flickr album)

The modern house was inspired by this one in Heilbronn, by the way. And the one in the middle is based on the color scheme of the little side wall in the TBBT set (which is featured inside).

24245098404_f584e34d35_c.jpg

24779845041_3ddc944c5e_c.jpg

Let's look inside, starting on the left (house no. 5). A few years ago, I pictured a little procession of the FOOLOO cult, the Followers Of One Long Orange Object. This is their secret worship room:

24779936911_df11e44743_z.jpg

First floor features a bakery, based on that Elves bakery set:

24755352482_d2b8de9b2a_z.jpg

24779837691_3c9f73f529_z.jpg

What to put upstairs? Well, the current CMF series has a ballerina, so... here's a little ballet school; first the office:

24779833981_e9a258cea4_z.jpg

Upstairs the dance room:

24846968826_e750ceb21f_z.jpg

Admittedly, aluminum foil isn't the best mirror... but I didn't want to buy 3 from the Detective's Office. Teacher isn't too happy - one of the girls raised the wrong leg...

24577769340_870f51c3a7_z.jpg

Upstairs again, here's a bathroom and locker room where two other girls are getting ready for their rehearsal:

24779826431_ffdd36c06b_z.jpg

Closeup of the gable and two discarded ideas - they were a bit too big:

24246481803_112215eb76_z.jpg

Moving on to the middle house - starting with pretty much the standard Kwik-E-Mart interior, rearranged as needed:

24755420562_78a22bf8a6_z.jpg

24246480303_936ef9cd4e_z.jpg

Next floor features the TBBT apartment (with the entrance through the house on the right, by the way), with an additional kitchen area:

24505736649_6c20e4661f_z.jpg

Third floor: bathroom and three bedrooms. I'm not that much into TBBT, I just used some bedroom images on the TBBT wiki as inspiration - Leonard's, Howard's, and Penny's:

24505734419_8fd7cfbab3_z.jpg

The attic is just used for storage - boxes, robotic toys, and a costume. And a little rooftop garden.

24505726799_012d9b94e0_z.jpg

And the modern house on the right (no. 9), antiques store on the first floor (left) and junk shop in the basement (right) side by side:

24847024766_3611c437d9_z.jpg

I guess one man's junk is the other man's antiques...

Above that, there's an apartment. Modern house - modern interior, starting with the living room:

24505719919_92fb71e6ec_z.jpg

Upstairs bathroom and kitchen, and a ladder to the next floor:

24577841470_9953c7463f_z.jpg

Not the most comfortable arrangement, but hey, it's a nice modern house, you got to live with that! :)

And finally the bedroom, constructed with detachable roof AND walls:

24779898431_7e76f17fbc_z.jpg

Has she seen her husband on the road home?

24779895741_892774966e_z.jpg

Placed in my city layout, backsides towards the tracks:

24755382272_6f8840b647_c.jpg

24779868231_22c18e5c0c_c.jpg

Yes, the Brick Bank will get an additional floor - once I got another one of this set at a reasonable discount...

24755375202_397d3094ed_z.jpg

Train passing by - close, but still safe (I hope...):

24755368822_082c0f167e_z.jpg

And I never showed this little lake shore scene before, did I?

24505692129_e0e63d6070_z.jpg

That's it - see the Flickr album for more perspectives and details, as usual. Hope you like it...

Great build. I want to start building buildings (?!) but have no idea where to start.

Particularly like the FOOLOO room :laugh:

Great stuff! Especially fond of the kwik e mart building. Those colours just work! Got to get me some of those slopes in dark orange!

Great buildings... The exteriors look fantastic (I especially like the design of the modern building with the "pod" bedroom) but it's the interiors that I really like.... Great idea to incorporate the Kwik-e-Mart and Big Bang Theory set but it's the FOOLOO room that made me smile - excellent idea!!! Might have to start a branch in my town!!

Excellent work!!

Your builds just continue to be amazing. I like the Kwik-E-Mart building best, but the other two are great aswell, especially the sand green one.

I really need to get my hands on some bricks in that color.

And I really admire your knack for doing interiors. They are always so detailed and imaginative...makes me really jealous.

Edit: And nice joke with the junk & antique shop. Didn't really get that on the first view :laugh:

Edited by RogerSmith

Interiors are really detailed. Your work is astounding. Stuff like this inspires me to keep building modulars. Wish the time comes when I can be this creative.

Great use of the Kwik-e-Mart as the ground floor, and I really like the modern building, the tiled exterior looks great.

All Hail the One Long Orange Object

Curses! I was going to build a modular with the kwik e mart!

Great idea using that design for the middle building. Those colors do work together.

Thanks, everyone!

Curses! I was going to build a modular with the kwik e mart!

Then do it. :) I wasn't the first and I won't be the last...

Another great work from you!

I like the fact that you smash up some classic buildings with a modern one.

The colours look great together.

The tiled fronts for the modern house look modern ^^.

And so many lovely details here and there, like a nice use with the new Ninjago sword body.

ANd last but not least, you have put some nice details and furnitures inside!

Special laught for the cellar, using the brick separators as buffer! A good way to use them when you have so many of them and you don't want to throw them because they are LEGO parts!

The pictures with all your layout, with small streets, life everywhere, give me envy to go here for a week end of travel!

I definitivaly like your building style!

As far as I know, LEGO City was the first theme series - even before mini figures.And it's still popular because much is needed in a city: railway stations, shops etc. So your project would be a pearle of any city. I like the playability of your creation How long did it take you to creat such a detailed city diarama?

These are all awesome modulars looking really pro.

Easily something that TLG could have produced.

And the way they fit each other is just gorgeous.

The interior is top notch imo as well.

Great great work here .

Simply love them and wouldnt mind having this setup standing around here at home myself! :thumbup:

Seeing this i want to see a brickseparator suit in the next cmf series.

good to see you thought of an entrance to the tbbt house too

You did it again. One of the best MOCers out there. Congratulations, I love everything about these modulars.

I bought the Kwik-E-Mart with the same purpose, now I have a guideline. :)

Great build. I want to start building buildings (?!) but have no idea where to start.

Particularly like the FOOLOO room :laugh:

IMO, the best place to start is to build the existing modulars. And the "creative" sets you can get your hands on. And any other sets you can get the instructions for (many of them are available online - e.g. via Brickset.com), using the pieces in your collection. The rest is practice, practice and practice.

IMO, the best place to start is to build the existing modulars. And the "creative" sets you can get your hands on. And any other sets you can get the instructions for (many of them are available online - e.g. via Brickset.com), using the pieces in your collection. The rest is practice, practice and practice.

Many thanks for the link and advice

Manatees. I am beyond gobsmacked. The selling points, for me, were the rooms. They're packed with all kinds of good stuff, are charming, and add excellent vignetting and story value.

The Simpsons/Big Bang Theory mix is a surprisingly-inspired touch.

I give this :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: /10

For some reason I can't get over that black room on top of the building. It's so smooth and well done. How did you come up with that? What is it called? Is it based off anything in real life? The FOOLOO room is great. It's nice to see a use for all those separators that seem to just accumulate.

Edited by Tech Artist

Amazing, love everything about the buildings, both inside and outside, so many great details it`s hard to point them out. -Well done!