Sign in to follow this  
scynox

[MOC] Borderlands Vehicles

I had some thoughts about building a Light runner or out runner, after recently playing some more Borderlands. I suggest moving the pivot point of the front wheel suspension further back, and maybe something with towball links could be supplemented to replace the U-joints and CV joint. Or another solution would be to mount 2 servo motors on either steering arm, and control the turntables with those.

Beautiful, Novel, ... and rather Refreshing. I'm tempted to start an LXF for this beauty.

Thank you for sharing.

Could you possibly post more pictures of the front grille, transmission. and rear/panels ... trying to do an LXF but stuck with some details, especially with the black (hard to see) parts.

Thank you very much. I'm on a business trip this week, and hopefully on the weekend I can do more work on the LDD and share.

Cheers.

New LDD/LXF file uploaded, same link as before. Starting to look like the real thing. Still needs some work on styling and chassis.

borderlands.jpg

Edited by DrJB

Yet another update ... styling work going slow, and involves lots of 'guessing'.

borderlands-2.jpg

Nice work!

@DrJB I recommend you using ctrl+K to make screenshots in LDD

This way you get a clean background

Edited by LXF

LDD looks very good, @DrJB. at any place you have problem feel free to ask, I will dis-assemble it for you.

@ItsaGoodYear, I dont have prequel, only thing I wanted to add was the buzzard but it lacks "featues" and screenshots for detailed view

@LXF Thanks for the hint. I learned a couple of tricks in LDD.

@scynox Thanks for your patience with this. I was able to build most of the vehicle, but I think I still have some areas that are either incomplete or incorrect. First, here is an overall view of what I have, along with the LDD file. Further below, I'm showing areas I'm having difficulties with and would appreciate more pictures so that I can fix those.

http://www.brickshel...borderlands.lxf

borderlands-01.png

Looking from the driver's side. I need a shot that details a bit more the area near the driver's feet. I believe there are some 'pedals' there.

borderlands-02.png

From the rear-left side of the vehicle. There are many 3L blue pins, but I can't figure out what they connect to.

borderlands-03.png

Behind the driver, I need few more details about the parts that go in there.

borderlands-04.png

The 'grille' or structure that sits next to the driver. I can't figure out how it's attached to the vehicle. I think my rendition below is incorrect.

borderlands-05.png

Edited by DrJB

My compliments for this great build! I didn't see this topic before, but I'm truely impressed. I like your building style, nothing has been left to chance and that's the hard part of desiging or building constructions like this.

@DrJB compliments also for the effort you're putting into the digital counterpart of this build. I see you are using groups, that's a good thing. I know the LDD-file is still work in progress and Blakbird can probably make much better renders, but I just couldn't resist making a single render already.

1280x720.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Looks much nicer than the LDD screenshot. Can you share the LDD file or better yet a screenshot on how you attached the seat?

Also, can u give quick pointers on how you did the render?

Looks much nicer than the LDD screenshot. Can you share the LDD file or better yet a screenshot on how you attached the seat?

Also, can u give quick pointers on how you did the render?

The seat is floating, I used some temporary parts to get it more or less into place. Sorry to disappoint you.

For rendering I use Bluerenderer. Click the link for directions. I used a slightly modified scene file. If you want I will share it via Bricksafe.

Edited by Didumos69

@Didumos69 - Thank You.

Everyone Else. Here are two more files, for the other vehicle in this thread. The LXF is a work-in-progress. Enjoy

@scynox - Could you kindly upload more pictures for the steering mechanism and attachment of the engine fairings (picture below). I could not figure those out. I added more canons, but those can be removed easily.

http://www.brickshel...ands_runner.lxf

borderlands_runner.png

Edited by DrJB