The banned Group B Rally built an outstanding and beloved by many of the monsters by using Lego Technic and City elements.

p1140620.jpg

p1140613.jpg

p1140616.jpg

p1140614.jpg

p1140621.jpg

p1140627.jpg

p1140630.jpg

p1140633.jpg

My Lego Versions Features:

- No PF

- Realistic exterior and interior design

- Steerable front wheels (HOG and with steering wheel in the cockpit)

- AWD (with 2 differentials)

- 2-speed gearbox

- Opening doors and hood (with kickstand)

- Complete engine compartment (turbo, intercooler, blow-off valve, ballast tanks)

- 5-cylinder in-line engine

- Spring suspensions (adjustable height and hardness with 8420’s springs)

- Complete interior of the cabin (dashboard, racing seats, handbrake, shifter)

- Full roll cage

- Removable tailgate (Water cooler with fans)

- Removable kartel defender under the engine

- Complet exhaust system

Dimensions and weight:

- Length: 77 studs (61 cm)

- Width: 31 studs (25 cm)

- Height: 25 studs (21 cm)

- Weight: 2943 gr (~3 kg)

p1140597.jpg

p1140599.jpg

p1140602.jpg

p1140609.jpg

p1140644.jpg

p1140653.jpg

p1140655.jpg

p1140656.jpg

Additional photos and information:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=562194

Video:

Sorry about the large number of images!!! I hope not a big problem!!!

Edited by dokludi

Whaaaaat! This is the best and most intricate detail I've seen on this forum so far. I'm quite familiar with this car and have worked on Audi 5 cyl in S4 and 5000; the engine bay is anatomically correct and you've even got the cylinders at a slant.

How long did it take to build this?

Edited by technical

Wow. At first it looked very off, but then I saw the pictures of the real thing I was sold.

Great recreation!

Lancia Delta S4?

Awesome build - congrats and well done!

Also gives me some ideas on how to get a roll cage fitted within my Mini Cooper - so good work there as well!

To be honest the first time I looked at the model it looked like a color-vomited, way-too squared MOC. But than I looked at the video of the real thing and its very accurate! 80's sure were crazy...

Anyway back to the model, I really like the rollcage and the amount of deatil you put in the engine bay.

I also noticed you used the big massive shock absorbers, how do they work out for you?

For those who are "addicted" to Rally and especially to B Group cars, they will find this MOC spectacular.

The Audi S1 Quattro is a legend and has been build by you perfectly - I almost hear the turbo blow off valve making that characteristically noise :)

For one end it is petty that this model of yours is not motorized but for other it is such a fascinated "toy" that it does not need PF.

Well done my congratulations :)

Will you build other B Group monsters ? :)

Regards

Thank you all for your positive comment!!!! I'm glad you like the S1.

Whaaaaat! This is the best and most intricate detail I've seen on this forum so far. I'm quite familiar with this car and have worked on Audi 5 cyl in S4 and 5000; the engine bay is anatomically correct and you've even got the cylinders at a slant.

How long did it take to build this?

The front part of the front suspension has been ready for months but has been putting aside because of other tasks. The other was made in 1 week.

Really nice build! It reminds me of the Audi 80 Quattro Rally I built last year.

untitled.png

Thanks. I like. This is a spoiler-free version is not it ??

Those seats are brilliant I'll be making some of those lol

Here's a close photo of them.

p1140646.jpg

Wow. At first it looked very off, but then I saw the pictures of the real thing I was sold.

Great recreation!

Lancia Delta S4?

Thanks.

There are plans for a few cars in the B group. The S4 is one.

To be honest the first time I looked at the model it looked like a color-vomited, way-too squared MOC. But than I looked at the video of the real thing and its very accurate! 80's sure were crazy...

Anyway back to the model, I really like the rollcage and the amount of deatil you put in the engine bay.

I also noticed you used the big massive shock absorbers, how do they work out for you?

Thanks. They work perfectly. I started four Unimog spring. Then he grew serious they became eight. Then they were installed. Squished and toughest set. Since 8880 the parts were installed and no new parts which have not been 100% for the steering system but it works.

For those who are "addicted" to Rally and especially to B Group cars, they will find this MOC spectacular.

The Audi S1 Quattro is a legend and has been build by you perfectly - I almost hear the turbo blow off valve making that characteristically noise :)

For one end it is petty that this model of yours is not motorized but for other it is such a fascinated "toy" that it does not need PF.

Well done my congratulations :)

Will you build other B Group monsters ? :)

Regards

Thanks. It plans to have a group B car construction.

Nice detail on the model. From the side view the wheels look a bit small. Still very nice.

You're right. Indeed, many have little money but there is no greater wheel of lego offering only the PP wheel. But that's not good here. Unfortunately, due to the dimensions of the panels of the door it became a bit long. It would have to be less than 6-7 Stud. That left a compromise.

Edited by dokludi

This is a top-notch rendition of a top-notch vehicle, congratulations!

If only we could match the real one's performance using lego :laugh: