Eggyslav

[LDD MOC] Neo-Blacktron ship: The Sharovipterix

Greetings and Salutations, fellow Eurobrickers and Eurobrickerettes, It is I, Eggyslav, and it's time to present to you my newest spaceship, this time, straight outta fleet of our beloved spacefaring bad guys, the Blacktron gang. Now I know what are you thinking: Wow, Eggy rarely graces this forum with his MOCs, but when he does, It's always cool and epic, to which I say, Thank you for your admiration, it really means a lot to me, but other than that, I guess you also think something along the lines of: Sharovipterix? WTH is that? Why would you give such an outlandish and weird name to a spacecraft? Well, Sharovipterix was a little early thriasic reptile, that looked like this:

250px-Sharovipteryx_BW.jpg

Myeah, kinda freaky looking, right? Why would Blacktrons call their ship like that? Well, because it looks like this:

blacktron_sharovipterix5.png

GASP! Are these brothers separated in birth? No, of course not, one is a prehistoric reptile, and the second one is a rocket propelled space vehicle, but, there are certain similarities, note the huge set of wings at the back, and tiny ones up front, kinda similar, huh? Similar enough to give it this name. Also I think it sounds cool. Sharovipterix... Kinda have that futuristic Blacktron flare to it, like "Grid Trekkor", or "Three Wheeled Tyrax", or "Battrax"... Now onto the ship itself, did I mentionned the ship is modular? No? Oh, silly me, that's one of it's prominent features! Now, above, you can see the basic, "Fighter" mode, but with the magic of technic pins, you can separate the front from the back, and put some additional modules:

blacktron_sharovipterix1.png

Now That looks more intimidating, right? Here he have added the "Command Center" and "Scout Pod" modules (Because these are only two modules I came up to, if you have ideas for more modules, post them in the comments!). Now, with the modular nature of these ships, the Blacktrons can quickly transform the Sharovipterix to suit their needs. Need a commander ship? Add the Command Centre module! Need to freight some stolen goods over the galaxy? Add a Storage Module (Haven't built that one, maybe someday...), Need more firepower? Artillery Module will do the trick (also not built yet...)! Need a tactical advantage? Add Scout pods, deploy them, and suprise that pesky Space Police ships with crossfire. They also make nice getaway lifeboats if the situation get sticky... Just look at them, they're so blocky and cute:

blacktron_sharovipterix6.png

Or, just put on all the modules, and make your craft the deadliest thing that ever floated in space. Or, dump all the modules away, for speed, and maneuverability. Or make a whole fleet of Sha... Sharo... SharonStoneixeses? Sharovipterixes. Right.

blacktron_sharovipterix3.png

Thanks for your attention, C&C are Desperatedely Craved Welcome, And see you next MOC. This was Commander Eggyslav, signing out, over.

No, I really don't know how to render stuff with POV-ray, this program is too complicated to me...

Edited by Eggyslav

Just a heads up: I've just built a Storage Module/Cargo Bay for Sharovipterix, and it looks something like this:

blacktron_sharovipterix7.png

Edited by Eggyslav

No, I really don't know how to render stuff with POV-ray, this program is too complicated to me...

BTW did you try also BlueRender?

BTW did you try also BlueRender?

No, actually, I never have heard of it. Is it more user friendly than that combobulated mess of an interface called POVray?

No, actually, I never have heard of it. Is it more user friendly than that combobulated mess of an interface called POVray?

Yes, definitely - check it out yourself HERE.

Well, I checked it out, and it Works! So, here's Blacktron Sharovipterix fleet in all it's rendered glory:

blacktron_sharovipterix.lxf.png

Well, I checked it out, and it Works! So, here's Blacktron Sharovipterix fleet in all it's rendered glory:

Well, that's definitely much better BUT did you also noticed/checked out there is MOD for BlueRender (made by me :grin: ) making it look even more realistic (brick seams, logo-on-studs, better glass etc.)? :classic:

if not, you can take a look HERE. :wink:

Okay, someone needs to build that. :sweet: Even if it requires the sacrilegious dying of a windshield to trans yellow.

Any chance we might get the .lfx? I'd love to see what this might look like rendered in Blender...

Okay, someone needs to build that. :sweet: Even if it requires the sacrilegious dying of a windshield to trans yellow.

Any chance we might get the .lfx? I'd love to see what this might look like rendered in Blender...

There you go.

How does it look now?

Better...more realistic tho I do not like that default skylight blueish shadow which is wrong, of course (I have never seen in my life blueish shadows of opaque things from sun light, did you?) :grin:

+ also you should use "aa 1 2" for your final render - it will look much more smooth, not that grainy as yours look now...try it too! :wink:

Edited by bublible