Hello all! I'm sure just about all of you have seen The Force Awakens now... in The Force Awakens, the scene that I wanted to most create in lego was the Starkiller Base speech scene, with all the Stormtroopers and Officers in the crowd, and General Hux presenting his speech prior to the destruction of Hosnian Prime. Note, I will update this as I have more progress. I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome so far. But no where near done, in fact i'd say it may be only about 10-15% done at the current state. I'm going to make this HUGE. Now, instead of getting the majority of the big lego star wars force awakens related, but rather I've mainly been getting a lot of the Battlepacks that came out somewhat recently, and I plan to replicate that scene the best I can, with tons of baseplates, tons of minifigures.. Well it's not all planned out yet, but let me show you what I have so far. I'm sure others have thought about or are even doing the very same idea, and I also look forward to seeing some other versions out there at a later time. So, here it is so far.

"Today is the end of the Republic! The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder! At this very moment, in a system far from here the New Republic LIES to the GALAXY while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand, will bring an end to the Senate! To their cherished fleet! All remaining systems will bow to the First Order! And will remember this... as the last day of the Republic!" ―General Hux

24725237942_a68fa481e5.jpgStarkiller Base, Update by Brick Capone, on Flickr

24475467899_ed6936f668.jpgStarkiller Base Updates by Brick Capone, on Flickr

24725222832_b832a395fd.jpgimage by Brick Capone, on Flickr

I found the all plain white at the back of the base a bit boring, so I decided to add a Starkiller Base hallway with a bridge overhead like you see in the movie. Anyway, tell me what you think for now, and we'll see what it looks like at the end, which will be in a long time.

Edited by Brick Capone

Looks fantastic! I like how the interior blends in to the rest of the model. Great use of the black scaffholding pieces, they give the model an industrial look. The curves for the platform are good. I will be following this, as I am currently working on a StarKiller base myself. I agree with LEGODrongo01 where is the snow! Have another go at that symbol too, try and add the star in the centre. A thing I have noticed with all Starkiller bases so far is how plain the bases are. Maybe add some rocks and snow to make the MOC more interesting. Great model so far,

Ellis.

Edited by Ellisss_

Looks fantastic! I like how the interior blends in to the rest of the model. Great use of the black scaffholding pieces, they give the model an industrial look. The curves for the platform are good. I will be following this, as I am currently working on a StarKiller base myself. I agree with LEGODrongo01 where is the snow! Have another go at that symbol too, try and add the star in the centre. A thing I have noticed with all Starkiller bases so far is how plain the bases are. Maybe add some rocks and snow to make the MOC more interesting. Great model so far,

Ellis.

I'm guessing the snow would be behind the figs?

I'm guessing the snow would be behind the figs?

Ah, yes there it is. I meant on the outside though, as there are many snow covered mountains on Starkiller base. Maybe he just hasn't got there yet, but I think it would be a cool addition.

Edited by Ellisss_

Looks good, I like how you've done the curves of the stage and are interlocking beneath it. I'll be sure to follow this one!

Thanks! Glad you're going to follow this, I'll make sure to keep your updated when I have some more updates.

Looks good so far, where is the snow bit located?

The snow is located at the back of the base, under the flag and behind the grey walls.

I will definitely be closely watching this. Looking great so far.

Thanks a ton! I will make sure to keep you updated as the time goes on.

Ellis.

Thanks, Ellis! I really appreciate your comments of the interior, I worked on it for a long time to make sure it fitted in with the rest of the model, and I may just updated one or two small things to give it the slight edge. I'm glad you think the scaffholding piece was a good idea, because I thought the same thing as I was building it. As for the snow, my one response to that right now would be... I have no pieces to continue building!!! No dark grey, light grey or white! I'm waiting for some ebay and bricklink orders. I thought about having snowing mountains in the background, and I'm most likely doing that, but that will be at a later date. For now I will be expanding into two more side baseplates and keep building up the huge grey wall. And yes, I may have another go at the flag, but that was a design based on the low amount of pieces I had left, so maybe I'll give that another go at a later date. Also, I'd love to see your Starkiller Base, if you have any photos of it. I've seen a couple of other Starkiller Bases in lego, maybe it was one of those, not sure. But if you have pictures, I'd love to see yours. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Ah, yes there it is. I meant on the outside though, as there are many snow covered mountains on Starkiller base. Maybe he just hasn't got there yet, but I think it would be a cool addition.

Yes, I will get to that eventually, as said previously. I'll get there... someday. :classic:

Edited by Brick Capone

Hey look our first update. I got some bricks in and expanded both sides to the edge. Time to fill it over with small flat grey plates, and to keep expanding! Tell me what you guys think about this update. It's not much, but I like feedback.

24768319662_1b4452cfa8_z.jpgimage by Brick Capone, on Flickr

24518602999_14c8976942_z.jpgimage by Brick Capone, on Flickr

oO

The center piece is coming along great! I wish you great success on your journey! Can't wait to see all the troopers in place!

Will you display the battle pack troops with their stud shooters, or will you look to replace that with a more screen-accurate weapon?

Looks great! Cant wait to see the finished product :thumbup:

Thanks. Honestly, I can't wait for the finished product either. :grin:

oO

The center piece is coming along great! I wish you great success on your journey! Can't wait to see all the troopers in place!

Will you display the battle pack troops with their stud shooters, or will you look to replace that with a more screen-accurate weapon?

Thanks, I'll try my hardest.. As for the weapons, I never, never, ever, ever use Stud Shooters, some people may like it, including little kids, but I don't. They don't look right to me, and I don't even use them. I might have like a ton of them just sitting in a bin. I use the normal lego blaster for all my troopers. :classic:

One thing that might decrease on the number of troops you have to get is to incorporate the large vents in the ground. Looking great so far!!

One thing that might decrease on the number of troops you have to get is to incorporate the large vents in the ground. Looking great so far!!

A good idea, but I want to get lots of troops :classic: I may incorporate a few large vents anyway, though. This is going to be a HUGE posssibly like 6 month to a year project, I plan on getting like tons of baseplates for seemingly endless troop space, lots more FO Battlepacks, etc.

Well I'm jealous already. I came up with a simple mod for the FO battlepack cannon to make it look like the ones on the edge of the stage in this scene. You might be looking for something bigger, but since it sounds like you'll have battlepacks to boot...

24549284479_f01f123f9b_c.jpgcannon1 by w_g_west, on Flickr

Oooh, I like that cannon. Yes, I am looking for something bigger and building massive cannons, but that is a good design, and I may borrow some aspects at a larger scale. Thanks! :classic:

Looks very interesting,but the first order Logo isn't much accurate.

Probably you can change it

Greetings KevFett2011

Thanks! Yeah, I may change the flag in future updates. Thanks for the feedback!

This looks amazing.

I'm looking to recreate this scene, but I'm afraid this would be too big for me lol

Thanks a ton! It's slowly progressing.. But yeah this will be a huge project. If you're not going this far, though, because this is going to be HUGE, I encourage you to build some type of First Order base or something. That may be cool to see as well. Thanks for the feedback! :classic:

Yes I will try to build something like the user kylosuperfan, that is much smaller but still very good looking.

Please keep updating this post, I'm super excited to see how it's gonna turn out!!

Definitely looking forward to the finished product of this. I admire your ambition and getting first order stormtroopers, that seems like it'll be expensive getting enough battle packs.

Yes I will try to build something like the user kylosuperfan, that is much smaller but still very good looking.

Please keep updating this post, I'm super excited to see how it's gonna turn out!!

I will keep updating this post each time I make progress. Thanks for the support!

Definitely looking forward to the finished product of this. I admire your ambition and getting first order stormtroopers, that seems like it'll be expensive getting enough battle packs.

Thanks, it'll be pretty pricy but over a long period of time. I hope I can get as many battlepacks as possible. Thanks for the support.

Hey brother any update?

And for this project did you create some kind of LDD file or instructions? Because it's growing on me everyday more since I saw it and I'd like to do something similar :)