ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I don't know why now that I think about it, but the last roller coaster felt very much like a wooden coaster to me. I mean, steel coasters have tubular support frames and often have triangular truss braced track, just like the last roller coaster. Wooden coasters don't have triangular truss braced track and are build from square sawn timber, not round logs. So I don't really know why I see the last coaster as being a wooden coaster, maybe it's the layout or the look of the support structure or the colour scheme, I don't know. Does anyone else view the last coaster as being a wooden coaster or is it just me?!

Whatever the next fairground set is I am very much looking forward to it. If it is a coaster they could make it just as big, if not slightly bigger than the last coaster while keeping the cost down by having the much simpler frame of a more traditional looking steel coaster. Instead of stacking over 500 round bricks they could use fewer longer pieces. And if it does have a loop it would also make more sense to be a more traditional looking steel coaster. Blue track with black tubular A frame supports going in all different directions and angles would look awesome.

I’m not too fussed about another roller coaster.  It shows a bit of a lack of imagination, on top of a year with no release (2021).  If they do release a coaster, then the only way I’d ever think about getting it, is if it could be built to intertwine with the original CE roller coaster, so it took up significantly less ‘real estate’. I can’t justify it otherwise, as I’m running out of space.  

I would much prefer a pirate ship, chair swing, or magic carpet if choices could be had.  

On 2/9/2022 at 9:26 PM, allanp said:

... I mean, steel coasters have tubular support frames and often have triangular truss braced track, just like the last roller coaster. Wooden coasters don't have triangular truss braced track and are build from square sawn timber, not round logs. So I don't really know why I see the last coaster as being a wooden coaster, maybe it's the layout or the look of the support structure or the colour scheme, I don't know. Does anyone else view the last coaster as being a wooden coaster or is it just me?!

It's most definitely based on classic fairground coasters. Those steel coasters don't have tubular supports.
Personally, I think the classic "Wildcat" ride is the most fitting inspiration:
https://rcdb.com/10954.htm

Edited by DragonKhan

While I absolutely love the original coaster set, I don't feel like it's time for another coaster... So many opportunities in this line and just another coaster doesn't look right to me. Would be cool to see bumper cars that use magnets or even a new mixer type of ride would be more appropriate. Well, we'll see, anyway I'm excited!   

My original coaster is still in the box waiting to be built, but I'd be for a new coaster, but I'd want it to be different colours, at the end of the day it's unlikley Lego will promote a new coaster which can connect to an old coaster, otherwise people would complain that the original coaster is no longer available, and they would not want that negativity.  

My preference would be a slighly smaller, but themed coaster, I really liked the run away minetrain which was on Lego Ideas a couple of years ago, this kind of idea was good, but likely if it has a loop it will be a bit more extreme in design.

Do we know when it will be released since it’s May?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 2/16/2022 at 7:55 AM, adwind said:

Would be cool to see bumper cars that use magnets

Man I have been think of mocing up just such a creation, so of course I think that could be a great idea.

I still want a chairswing but obviously that's not going to happen this year.  I wonder how large this is gonna be as they're always trying to go bigger and better right now.  I'm looking forward to its hopefully imminent unveiling - I'd hope for green track maybe?  The Dragon at the Legoland resorts has green track and it might look good like that.  I'd also like possibly more than one lift in it so it's not just a single gravity drop track.

Looks like May D2C is the pyramid not the fairground ride. That is disappointing as I usually get it for my birthday on the 1st June 😥

On 5/10/2022 at 4:16 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

I still want a chairswing but obviously that's not going to happen this year.  I wonder how large this is gonna be as they're always trying to go bigger and better right now.  I'm looking forward to its hopefully imminent unveiling - I'd hope for green track maybe?  The Dragon at the Legoland resorts has green track and it might look good like that.  I'd also like possibly more than one lift in it so it's not just a single gravity drop track.

If the rumors are true and the new one has a loop, I'd imagine that will be the focus of the ride.  Also less pieces and a bit cheaper has me thinking this is really going to be about the loop and a bit smaller overall. 

Created a new topic for this set. Moderators, please move to Town if it fits better there.

Edited by R0Sch

10 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Did lego just tease the new roller coaster in this mornings lego con ad? I know it has no loops but it may just be a teaser :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdp6G8qOVKF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I do believe so. If you look closely you can also see a yellow loop near the right edge. The coaster is rumored to have yellow track. Looks like they plan to announce the coaster at the Lego Con. They made that massive amusement park diorama to highlight this announcement more than likely. 

https://imgur.com/a/G5jkNe0

Edited by ncx

13 hours ago, ncx said:

I do believe so. If you look closely you can also see a yellow loop near the right edge. The coaster is rumored to have yellow track. Looks like they plan to announce the coaster at the Lego Con. They made that massive amusement park diorama to highlight this announcement more than likely. 

https://imgur.com/a/G5jkNe0

I was told that they theme park was made on a Lego Masters Episode but the fact that they decided to showcase this in the ad is to me clearly a teaser…

I missed out the on the last coaster so I’m pleased there will be a new one. Not too sure a yellow track will look great but hoping to accumulate lots of one colour of all the track types and hopefully build a MOC. Just looking at Bricklink to see which colours already exist.

3 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

I missed out the on the last coaster so I’m pleased there will be a new one. Not too sure a yellow track will look great but hoping to accumulate lots of one colour of all the track types and hopefully build a MOC. Just looking at Bricklink to see which colours already exist.

So far red is the only color that all track types come in, since the 45° slope (used to extend the large hill that the chain goes up) has only been used in that original coaster. Hopefully this new coaster might bring it back in another color for the first time!

Very impressed!  I didn’t expect it to be anything like as good, and they’ve done well to make one different from the original.

Obviously there are new track pieces as well which are a bonus, and recolours, and I’m pleased to see its got the Fairground Collection branding.  Presumably there’s a chain up the tower for the motorised mechanism.

I don’t think we’ve ever got a hot dog stand before so that’s also new.

One disappointment in my eyes is that there’s only one train but there’s not space for a siding like on the other so in a way I’m not that surprised.

I like the word LOOP on the tower as well, particularly the Os.

I can count 11 people total so I think that’s 1 fewer than the 2018 set but not a problem for me.

Hopefully we won’t get the same issue as Mark and Boone on LEGO Masters USA S1E1.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Looks like the loops are different as well - one is more tear drop and the other rounder.  First one being tear drop should give it more speed going into second loop

Hmm, interesting. Both my wife and myself were actually quite underwhelmed.
The "drop tower" is quite an eye-sore, and the whole ride actually consists of the two loops.
Volkswagen van T1 (brilliant) versus T2 (pretty much crappy) revisited, as far as we are concerned.
We'll stick to the first roller coaster, which looks a lot better in our opinion.
But hey, I can imagine people liking this. The colour combination is not that bad, to be fair.