ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

hi all happy new year 2022

on that social media app that we all know there is the new Lego Store GWP one of the stickers is a creator set that looks like a carousel but not any that have been made already.

I think it could be a swing chair ride rather than a carousel  but who knows 

any ideas anybody ????

I think that's meant to be the 2017 Creator Expert Carousel... it has the same blue/yellow canopy as well as the small ticket stand on the left. So probably not a hint at a future set.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:20 PM, Lyichir said:

I think that's meant to be the 2017 Creator Expert Carousel... it has the same blue/yellow canopy as well as the small ticket stand on the left. So probably not a hint at a future set.

Recall some Lego box art detailing a swing ride in the back ground.  Don't recall which set it was used on (think a few years back).  Hope we get one someday. 

$350 is very expensive. Probably too soon for a new coaster. $350 would seem about right for a swing ride. I could easily see a pirate ship swing being $350. 

The swing makes the most sense. There was that random mini swing ride GWP last year.

1 hour ago, LegoDW said:

Recall some Lego box art detailing a swing ride in the back ground.  Don't recall which set it was used on (think a few years back).  Hope we get one someday. 

The swing ride was in the background of all the fairground rides except the first - mixer, Ferris wheel, carousel and roller coaster. The roller coaster was in the background of three of them. And the roller coaster box art had the swing ride and Ferris wheel in it.

The roller coaster in the background art was white and red, like the eventual set (although also like all classic roller coasters). The swing ride in the background art is a yellow and red spiky structure with a classic space planet on top. It looks cool, but might be tricky to achieve structurally.

None of them had the haunted house, and that had the 18+ black box art, so no further clues.

4 hours ago, mark1991t said:

^^ According to Brick Clicker, who's a reliable source, we get one this year.

From a new video he posted today, the Fairground set should be $349,99 and will be setnummer 10303.

Thanks for info! $350, huh? I’m quite looking forward for it. 

Please remind me - why the Fairground set was cancelled last year? 

10 hours ago, MartyMcFly said:

Don't know if it was cancelled last year, just that the rumours turned out to be wrong

I don’t recall that false rumor? 

Another @Brick Clicker video says 10303 will be $360 and a roller coaster, possibly with a loop.

HUGE Lego Roller Coaster Coming In 2022!? ($360!?) - YouTube

That sounds exciting, but I hope they differentiate it from the 10261 roller coaster. And, ideally for me, something with a slightly smaller footprint. A drop roller coaster would be good, and allow them to incorporate a loop without too much space required. This one on Ideas by Wacky Brick is excellent - LEGO IDEAS - The Drop Coaster

I really would have loved the first coaster. As a child in the 90s I always wanted one but $380 and a huge thing as an adult was too much for me.
If it's a coaster I'd be a little disappointed, so many more rides to do. Like the swinging back and forth ride, the swing that goes in a circle.
A gun metal color modern metal coaster would make the most sense to me.

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Another @Brick Clicker video says 10303 will be $360 and a roller coaster, possibly with a loop.

HUGE Lego Roller Coaster Coming In 2022!? ($360!?) - YouTube

That sounds exciting, but I hope they differentiate it from the 10261 roller coaster. And, ideally for me, something with a slightly smaller footprint. A drop roller coaster would be good, and allow them to incorporate a loop without too much space required. This one on Ideas by Wacky Brick is excellent - LEGO IDEAS - The Drop Coaster

Thank you for sharing the update with us here!

now I’m more and more curious about this HUGE roller coaster with a loop set.

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I expect HUGE is hyperbole. Given that it's $20 less than the original, and prices have increased somewhat compared to a few years ago, I suspect it will be smaller, although maybe not much. And it would be a shame if they just did the same as the original but with a loop. That's why a drop coaster would be so nice, with a different lift mechanism.

16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

"HUGE" was more just for an exciting video title but I'd think at that price it'll be pretty big :head_back:

I think it will be a drop coaster… or something simmilar. Still there are more interesting rides to recreate than rollercoaster AGAIN

Is it too much to ask that the old and new models have an easy connection point that results in a working coaster with few extra pieces required?

1 hour ago, Yoggington said:

Is it too much to ask that the old and new models have an easy connection point that results in a working coaster with few extra pieces required?

Unless the new one is substantially taller than the original, I suspect physics will get in the way. On the original roller coaster, the cars only just get round to the start point again. Lengthening the track would require extra height to make it run all the way around. I also don't know where you'd combine the two without bypassing one of the sets almost completely, unless you wanted multiple cross over points.

However, combining the sets into one megacoaster would be fun. I look forward to whatever genius can come up with it on Rebrickable.

13 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Unless the new one is substantially taller than the original, I suspect physics will get in the way. On the original roller coaster, the cars only just get round to the start point again. Lengthening the track would require extra height to make it run all the way around. I also don't know where you'd combine the two without bypassing one of the sets almost completely, unless you wanted multiple cross over points.

However, combining the sets into one megacoaster would be fun. I look forward to whatever genius can come up with it on Rebrickable.

I think the approach would be to have a link just before the hill climb.

For example, if you had two of the current model, you could rotate one 180degrees, remove the section between start point and hill, and have them run into each other there. Like it'll climb the hill on one, come all the way down, into climbing the hill on the second half.

It would be interesting to try, but not an experiment I can afford!

9 hours ago, Yoggington said:

I think the approach would be to have a link just before the hill climb.

For example, if you had two of the current model, you could rotate one 180degrees, remove the section between start point and hill, and have them run into each other there. Like it'll climb the hill on one, come all the way down, into climbing the hill on the second half.

It would be interesting to try, but not an experiment I can afford!

Ah, yes, that's more sensible and much more achievable physics-wise.

Are you worried about the cost of the two sets, or the cost of the house required to give you space to put them together? :head_back:

Thank you very much for the news! :classic:

I'm glad that we finally get a new (CE) fairground ride. And a rollercoaster with loop sounds promising.

Nevertheless there have been already two rollercoasters before (the CE one and the Creator 3 in 1 one). So I would much more have prefered a completely new fairground ride.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

19 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Ah, yes, that's more sensible and much more achievable physics-wise.

Are you worried about the cost of the two sets, or the cost of the house required to give you space to put them together? :head_back:

The more I think on it, if you had both sets on the same orientation, you could place one at a height - and link them one hill into the next. All the way down one, then the same on the other, into climbing both hills again.

On 2/5/2022 at 7:00 PM, Yoggington said:

While I could see the appeal of that, one thing that I'm hoping for with the new one is that it's a different color entirely from the previous one. Not just so that it will look unique and not be confused with its predecessor, but also because red is still the only color that all the current coaster track pieces (including the incline extenders that have only appeared in the previous Creator Expert coaster) have come in. So if a new coaster includes all the same parts it would be great if they were a color like blue instead, so that builders using those parts could have more options.

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

While I could see the appeal of that, one thing that I'm hoping for with the new one is that it's a different color entirely from the previous one. Not just so that it will look unique and not be confused with its predecessor, but also because red is still the only color that all the current coaster track pieces (including the incline extenders that have only appeared in the previous Creator Expert coaster) have come in. So if a new coaster includes all the same parts it would be great if they were a color like blue instead, so that builders using those parts could have more options.

Agreed that if it is a roller coaster, I'd like a completely different colour scheme.