ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

12 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Ahhh that’s an excellent point. It makes me wonder if they will make light sets designed for “specific sets” or they will make generic sets and include inspiration inside?

Part of me hopes for kits for specific models, but I think these will be poor sellers when compared to a generic lighting kit, and possibly more expensive to set up, with different boxes, instruction printing etc.  Maybe it’ll be generic kits, and then digital instructions using probably more than one kit for each of the big builds, like Modulars or Fairground. I do wonder if there will have to be special plates, with metal embedded, like we had in the dim and distant past too.

15 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

Maybe it’ll be generic kits, and then digital instructions using probably more than one kit for each of the big builds, like Modulars or Fairground. I do wonder if there will have to be special plates, with metal embedded, like we had in the dim and distant past too.

As much as I hate digital instructions, I think this would be best case scenario.

I do think "generic" kits are more likely, like the Power Functions starter kits of yore. It's also possible that, going forward, sets designed to utilize the new lighting system will just have instructions for adding it included (again, much like Power Functions compatibility). But the idea of digital instructions for sets, including older ones, is a good one.

4 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Um....

The 26th June announcement is apparently ’LEGO CON’...

So not lights.

Partially right, partially. 
—————————

Get ready for the first LEGO® CON | June 26, 2021

Want to get closer to the LEGO world? We’re excited to let you in...

That’s why we’re hosting our first ever LEGO CON, the online experience for LEGO fans everywhere!

Join us for 90 minutes of live entertainment, world-first reveals, behind-the-scenes access and never-tried-before build attempts.

It’s something new. It’s something freshAnd it’s all online.

We’ll be going live from LEGO House (The Home of the Brick) in Billund, Denmark to bring you the latest news, world-first set reveals and some very special guests...

Plus, you’ll be able to VOTE, share your own builds throughout the show and connect with an awesome community who share your passion for the brick.

Livestream the event right here, for free...

5PM LONDON

12PM NEW YORK

9AM LOS ANGELES

It's hard to imagine they would be 'revealing' sets we haven't seen for this year, so late... I'm thinking LEGO CON will somehow involve the finalists in the last LEGO IDEAS round. Who knows, but I'm excited! Perhaps reissues or alternative modular builds are on the table too? I hope so.

12 minutes ago, dionysus said:

It's hard to imagine they would be 'revealing' sets we haven't seen for this year, so late... I'm thinking LEGO CON will somehow involve the finalists in the last LEGO IDEAS round. Who knows, but I'm excited! Perhaps reissues or alternative modular builds are on the table too? I hope so.

Not really. Fairground sets have been announced in the beginning of Summer before. As have other creator sets, such as Winter Village. 

So 10291 not a Fairground set?

There is still some missing set numbers, 10279, 10285 to 8, 10292, 10293.  That's 7 sets.  One has to be a Fairground set.

5 hours ago, MartyMcFly said:

So 10291 not a Fairground set?

There is still some missing set numbers, 10279, 10285 to 8, 10292, 10293.  That's 7 sets.  One has to be a Fairground set.

He says 10291 is an entertainment IP, possibly related to Boost, costing US99.99.  I'd take out 10285-7 from your list there, as those are 2009-11 Mindstorms parts, counted as individual sets as they could be bought in that way.  

I think of the remaining 4 (10279, 10288, 10292, 10293) one will be a fairground set judging by the pattern of 2 years with a set, then one without.  I still have my hopes up for another train at some point - I was hoping the release of 10277 last year was a sign of the return of LEGO trains for more advanced builders...

The most recent LEGO CON update listed the event schedule - a new set announcement.  It's still possible that we'll find out more on June 26th...

18 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

The most recent LEGO CON update listed the event schedule - a new set announcement.  It's still possible that we'll find out more on June 26th...

I saw that too, and got excited for a fairground release, and then realised it said Star Wars in the box.  Whilst I have the UCS MF, the rest of the range is not of interest to me really.

It seems as if we won't get any CE Fairground set this year - that's really bad! :thumbdown:

I really do not understand why TLG sells tons of licensed exclusive sets - but there are nearly no unlicensed exclusive sets this year. :cry_sad:

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I really do not understand why TLG sells tons of licensed exclusive sets - but there are nearly no unlicensed exclusive sets this year. :cry_sad:

A lot of unlicensed exclusive set fall under 3-in-1 (Castle/Aquarium) and City (Car Transporter/Shopping Street) nowadays, exclusive as in , almost not sold outside of LEGO.com, and discounts even less so.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

It seems as if we won't get any CE Fairground set this year - that's really bad! :thumbdown:

While the number of licensed D2C sets does feel like it has increased, it has felt like me that the number of unlicensed exclusives has also gone up this year, with sets like the Police Station, Everyone is Awesome, the three sets in the Botanical Collection, and the upcoming Pickup Truck (not to mention the Medieval Blacksmith and Typewriter in the Ideas theme and Ninjago CIty Gardens in the Ninjago theme). The lack of a fairground set is conspicuous but not unprecedented—it's possible that Lego is just trying to give those a bit more breathing room between releases, especially with the latest two (the Haunted House and the Roller Coaster) having been more expensive than most of their predecessors.

LEGO has tried some new stuff this year and last year - the result has been a neglect of some longer-running sub themes of Expert-level sets.  10288 is the only missing 102xx set, if all of the other rumours (Camp Nou, Titanic, Queer Eye, and the assumed Winter Village set) are true, unless they go above 10295 this year which is highly unlikely.  Fairground sets include some technical functions which can be difficult to get right, and as the designers of these aren't generally technic designers, but System ones, they have less experience.  It's possible that a failing technic function has meant that this set has been delayed by a year.  The first three were relatively simple, but the most recent two have more complex functions as they aren'ta single constant circular motion - if the next is similar then that would be a reasonable reason for delay.  A possible set on which I can imagine this happening is a swinging ship type ride - considering there was that swinging ship GWP in June I think that's a valid guess.

49 minutes ago, Kalahari134 said:

I've got to be honest, though. My wallet is breathing a sigh of relief.

Hahaha yeah same.  I’ve still got to get quite a few sets this year before they’re discontinued, plus with the Bricklink Designer Program...

I agree, already thru most of my Lego budget for this year. Sure next years offering (hopefully) will be worth the wait.  Playing catch up on the Winter Village sets and the last few Modular buildings.  

If a Fairground set is cancelled this year, well, that’s a big bummer. I saw Ferris Wheel (Creator 3-in-1) it made me excited thinking it would be Fairground set this year. 

However, it’s a good thing to save my wallet for next year!

16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

If a Fairground set is cancelled this year, well, that’s a big bummer. I saw Ferris Wheel (Creator 3-in-1) it made me excited thinking it would be Fairground set this year. 

However, it’s a good thing to save my wallet for next year!

Since there were no serious rumours for this year, I think it’s possible we’re on a gap year with fairground stuff.  Like you, gutted, but will help me save a bit of pain in the wallet.

Hmm.  The VIP e mail I’ve just had is very fairground oriented, which makes me wonder if there will be a fairground expert ride this year after all, and this is a bit of a prerelease push on associated models.  

1 hour ago, jus1973 said:

Hmm.  The VIP e mail I’ve just had is very fairground oriented, which makes me wonder if there will be a fairground expert ride this year after all, and this is a bit of a prerelease push on associated models.  

Care to post a screenshot? It could possibly be a Halloween themed ride or addition to the haunted house. 

1 hour ago, ncx said:

Care to post a screenshot? It could possibly be a Halloween themed ride or addition to the haunted house. 

I'm on my phone, so can't post it now, but I've just had the email too and it's only showing existing sets, staying with the new Creator 3in1 Ferris wheel. Then the haunted house and roller coaster, then Duplo and Friends sets. No artwork that suggests something new.

Would be cool if there is something unknown coming though.

23 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm on my phone, so can't post it now, but I've just had the email too and it's only showing existing sets, staying with the new Creator 3in1 Ferris wheel. Then the haunted house and roller coaster, then Duplo and Friends sets. No artwork that suggests something new.

Would be cool if there is something unknown coming though.

If its just something like that and not a teaser or what have you, it’s just a promo to market the new 3-1 sets and they just recommend the Haunted House and Rollercoaster to go with them. And which that Rollercoaster is retiring this year so it could be the last push to sell as many as they can before it discontinued. I hope we get a better coaster next year or sometime. Maybe some new elements like banked curves and vertical loop parts perhaps. Yeah its possible to SNOT the curve parts into a loop but we don’t have any banked parts or twists to make more complex designs. And it’s absolutely disappointing what has become of Online PaB they used to offer so many parts now it’s barely anything worthwhile. To get the extra tracks you have to go into Bricks n Pieces to try (if you’re lucky). Rant over before I get off topic. 

hi all happy new year 2022

on that social media app that we all know there is the new Lego Store GWP one of the stickers is a creator set that looks like a carousel but not any that have been made already.

I think it could be a swing chair ride rather than a carousel  but who knows 

any ideas anybody ????