ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Good to se that it was sold out so quickly. Must mean that it’s popular. Hopefully that encourages Lego to make similar sets in the future.

Went to purchase mine today and now sold out.....Gutted. Will add it to my theme park but don’t know where yet. Might even put it into my actual town in a corner.

Edited by emm

5 hours ago, jus1973 said:

I’m having the same issue here in Switzerland.  I’m thinking someone has forgot to press a button somewhere.  Grr.  

Me too, up until late last night (this morning) and finally had someone on the phone at 09:00, telling me it would be released at 10:00.. ordered at 10:02 Swiss time and now sold out as well..

Will definitely need to enlarge my theme park area and see how it goes next to the "previous" haunted house ;)

Mine is destined to go in my theme park as well, but replacing the Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion. I might keep some of the "actors" from that set, to populate the new and improved attraction.

The Haunted House from the Monster Fighters theme is somewhere else in my city, fulfilling the role of an actual haunted mansion inhabited by Lord Vampyre and cohorts.

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It doesn’t seem to be available to add to bag yet. Maybe it’ll be up for purchase at around 8 AM EST like some sets. I’m annoyed but I’m gonna go to bed and try to get it in the morning, hopefully it doesn’t sell out quickly. 

Well, finally got it ordered..after waiting on the phone for about 45 minutes. :look: since i still wasn’t able to add it to bag. During the call, deep in, it finally showed up(about 8:30AM)...but I stuck it out! Good to go. Now the possibly extra long, excruciating wait....the usual week makes me crazy impatient, no telling what this will do. :tongue: 

Edited by Vindicare

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Well, finally got it ordered..after waiting on the phone for about 45 minutes. :look: since i still wasn’t able to add it to bag. During the call, deep in, it finally showed up(about 8:30AM)...but I stuck it out! Good to go. Now the possibly extra long, excruciating wait....the usual week makes me crazy impatient, no telling what this will do. :tongue: 

Glad to hear you got it! I got my order in at 8:55 AM but North America seems to have enough of these sets in stock. I have such a backlog of sets to build going back to March and I prefer to build smallest to largest, so I probably won’t get to the Haunted House for another few weeks.

7 hours ago, allanp said:

Do you guys anticipate a new fairground collection set for 2021?

I'd imagine they might skip a year but based on the way they were pushing out 18+sets this year, I wouldn't be surprised at all.  I hope the next one is really a fairground type of attraction as well.

25 minutes ago, Calvinw said:

I'd imagine they might skip a year but based on the way they were pushing out 18+sets this year, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

You mean they'll have two of them in 2021? And another four in 2022?

The fairground rides are probably my favourite models, but they do take up a lot of space. As much as it would be nice to see something cool in 2021, I'd also be happy to wait a year.

9 hours ago, allanp said:

Do you guys anticipate a new fairground collection set for 2021?

Yes, for sure there'll be a new fairground set in 2021.

2020 saw the so called Haunted House where there was an intimation of a freefall tower included. Since in 2019 it was rumored that the next fairground sets will be a freefall tower and a wild water coaster, I can well imagine that 2021 will see some sort of wild water coaster or at least a set which has something in common or something to do with this.

1 hour ago, Calvinw said:

I'd imagine they might skip a year but based on the way they were pushing out 18+sets this year, I wouldn't be surprised at all.  I hope the next one is really a fairground type of attraction as well.

I can't imagine TLG skipping a year since they already skipped 2019 - plus they printed "Fairground Collection" on the box of the (failed) Haunted House (which actually isn't one). If at all, maybe there won't be a fairground set in 2022 because there might be an amusement park subtheme in Friends.

But I completely agree with you that there has to be a real fairground type of attraction - something nice and colorful and with some small stands inlcuded like the sets from 2014 to 2018!

I do like the inclusion of the haunted house to the fairground collection if only for the sake of completeness. The haunted house next to the Ferris wheel really reminds of the first two rides everyone puts down in rollercoaster Tycoon! But it would have been better as a ghost train, and I do hope the next one will have more movement. With the Ferris wheel, carousel and rollercoaster you can see their movement from far away, the haunted house looks too static in comparison. So I'd quite like something like a top spin or swinging pirate ship (preferably the type with a counter weight that can go all the way round to slow down how fast it swings)

I hope TLG will take inspiration from some of the Lego Ideas that have not quite made it, such as a ghost train, or dodgems.  These can have a lot of movement, and its not all round in a circle like the Ferris wheel, or carousel.  The UFO mini ride in the creator theme this year added another circular rotation to the theme park.  We could do with something else.  I think the free fall tower in the haunted house was an attempt at variation in movement, after the roller coaster and the pirate coaster from the previous years.

Following the pattern of 2 years then one without, yes there ought to be one.

2014: Mixer

2015: Ferris Wheel

2016: N/A

2017: Carousel 

2018: Roller Coaster 

2019: N/A

2020: Haunted House 

2021:

I’ve brought this up in other threads (Botanical Collection, Landmark Buildings, Trains) and been told that it could be a typo but as it hasn’t changed in a month I hold my ground; this site mentions 10295: ?

Should this come true, and all sets 10278-10295 inclusive are released, that comes to a total of 18 Creator Expert type 18+ sets at least.  If it’s true, you can practically guarantee a fairground ride.  The only known ones of those 18 are the Police Station, Flower Bouquet and Bonsai Tree - that leaves 15 unknown, of which one is highly likely to be fairground.

Roller Coaster (10261) is still listed as Temporarily Out of Stock on US S@H. It's never been on the 2020 retirement lists. One physical store putting that tag on those sets doesn't mean too much. Has anybody else been to their store and seen the same?

I figure mid-2021 at the earliest but I will be looking really closely for it coming back in stock and other rumors/reports.

6 hours ago, autolycus said:

Roller Coaster (10261) is still listed as Temporarily Out of Stock on US S@H. It's never been on the 2020 retirement lists. One physical store putting that tag on those sets doesn't mean too much. Has anybody else been to their store and seen the same?

I figure mid-2021 at the earliest but I will be looking really closely for it coming back in stock and other rumors/reports.

I want to say that I saw a label on it in my local LEGO store (Boston, US), although it was a small circle protruding from the shelf. I'm fairly sure I saw it a few weeks ago, but I may be an unreliable witness having now seen that. I definitely saw it on Assembly Square, that is also not listed on the retirement lists. I noticed several of the labels in the store, and I think it was on the coaster too. I may go back on Friday, so will confirm.

I still don't have the roller coaster so hope it doesn't go too soon.  The original leak of 10256 Taj Mahal being discontinued was in I think July - from Smyths Toys Superstore, UK.  The set didn't actually say sold out on S@H until less than a month ago.  I hope the same thing happens this year.

On 12/29/2020 at 6:11 PM, RichardGoring said:

I want to say that I saw a label on it in my local LEGO store (Boston, US), although it was a small circle protruding from the shelf. I'm fairly sure I saw it a few weeks ago, but I may be an unreliable witness having now seen that. I definitely saw it on Assembly Square, that is also not listed on the retirement lists. I noticed several of the labels in the store, and I think it was on the coaster too. I may go back on Friday, so will confirm.

Just to follow up on this. I went back to the same store today, and all last chance to buy labels had been removed, including Assembly Square.

8 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Just to follow up on this. I went back to the same store today, and all last chance to buy labels had been removed, including Assembly Square.

Nice.  I'm actually across the pond from you, so things may be different, but it's still reassuring, particularly seeing as I just spent my funds, and won't have enough again until April probably...

I usually wait until these big sets get a 1/3rd off discount before pulling the trigger, but I've been waiting a while for 10261 Roller Coaster, and apart from a £50 dicount at Smyths toys last year, it's still not seen much discount, (Amazon ones have beel listed above MSRP) but just before Christmas, I bit the bullet and ordered it from John Lewis with the £50 off, I'm sure it's days are numbered now.  

On the topic off this year's set, if there is one, I'd love an Enterprise type.  And they're clearly trying to stay away from basic spinning types but the last two haven't been, and I missed the mixer.....

I'm still hoping for an Evolution ride. I started building one years ago, which I never finished, but motorizing the rotating seats was easy (just put the motor as the counter-balance on the other end of the arm). The real challenge comes with motorizing the swinging arm. Motorization or not isn't a dealbreaker for me, so I wouldn't mind it being solely manually operated, but I imagine TLG will want to make it easy for the ride to function on its own.

Otherwise, I'm hoping for at least a swing ride, which should be much easier and smaller than the Rollercoaster.

On 1/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, paul_delahaye said:

I usually wait until these big sets get a 1/3rd off discount before pulling the trigger, but I've been waiting a while for 10261 Roller Coaster, and apart from a £50 dicount at Smyths toys last year, it's still not seen much discount, (Amazon ones have beel listed above MSRP) but just before Christmas, I bit the bullet and ordered it from John Lewis with the £50 off, I'm sure it's days are numbered now.  

I just bought my roller coaster over the weekend at the local (Cleveland, US) brand store.  I agree with those above that feel it won't be retired yet, but I couldn't risk it.  It will be a loooong time before they do something like this again, IMO.  And FWIW, it's sold out at Amazon and LEGO S&H, but it is in stock at Walmart (online).  Go figure:def_shrug: