ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Wow.....was really hoping for something different then the haunted house this year to continue developing my amusement park. Sure a lot of builders out there will love it.  As running out of room in my display area not sure I am going to purchase this one.  Will have to wait and see in person to make the finial call.

IMO the Carousel this set is replacing was superior.  That said, thinking the Ferris Wheel the Carousel replaced was even better.   Guess I was just expecting a more traditional fair ride.  Maybe this one will grow on me?  

I really hope they are NOT going to do mobile versions of rides. I hope they stick to their current style of more full on theme park rides.

Seems like a pretty cool set. But I’m curious how they’re able to pump out a new set when they can’t keep up with existing ones (Pirate Bay). What staff do they working these days?

Was an interesting concept when I saw the leaks and it ended up being this year's fairground set. Why not I guess. It looks great but I not sure how it integrated with the other ones which aren't buildings at all.

13 hours ago, Chmashdehjare said:

Seems like a pretty cool set. But I’m curious how they’re able to pump out a new set when they can’t keep up with existing ones (Pirate Bay). What staff do they working these days?

The set was probably in production before the pandemic affected the factories. Pirates of Barracuda Bay had a certain number of units and the reason that it’s out of stock is because all those units were sold, and they aren’t producing more right now because I hear the Mexico factory was shut down. So once the Haunted House sells out, I’d expect it to be unavailable for a little while as well, until production starts getting back to normal. 

Ok, so I'm a bit stumped?  

In the designer video they discuss the Numbers (Roman numerals) on the printed brick below:

• V = 5
  • M = 1000
  • V = 5
  • I = 1
  • I = 1

How does this become a set number?  5000511 or 51000511 or 51511?  Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong working out what set number this is a reference to?  It's been a few years since I had to do anything using Roman Numerals.......

screen_shot_2020-05-18_at_14.05.31.png

23 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

Ok, so I'm a bit stumped?  

In the designer video they discuss the Numbers (Roman numerals) on the printed brick below:

• V = 5
  • M = 1000
  • V = 5
  • I = 1
  • I = 1

How does this become a set number?  5000511 or 51000511 or 51511?  Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong working out what set number this is a reference to?  It's been a few years since I had to do anything using Roman Numerals.......

It's addressed in this topic.  I never learned Roman numerals well enough to understand it!

Thanks all, I never saw the dash above the first number 5!

Still a bit odd, the only thing spooky about set 6007 is it comes with a bat and the name of the set was "Lego Bat Lord" I'm kinda thinking there were other better set numbers they could have referenced here?  I guess we will never know exactly what they were thinking.

Nice set though

Edited by paul_delahaye

15 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

Thanks all, I never saw the dash above the first number 5!

Still a bit odd, the only think spooky about set 6007 is it comes with a bat and the name of the set was "Lego Bat Lord" I'm kinda thinking there were other better set numbers they could have referenced here?  I guess we will never know exactly what they were thinking.

Nice set though

I missed the line above the first V too :laugh:

I think 6007 was part of the Fright Knights series which kind of makes sense... still quite niche!

REALLY love this one but for the space i have destined for lego is too high, only have around 40cms high and this one is 68cms

I like it but think it would've been better to separate the drop tower and haunted house into two different sets. Just imagine what fun they could've had with motorising animatronics like they did the doors if it was a dedicated haunted house.

I usually phone in my orders...but I can’t manage to order the House on the site. I’m signed in & everything. How do I go about ordering it? 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I usually phone in my orders...but I can’t manage to order the House on the site. I’m signed in & everything. How do I go about ordering it? 

It doesn’t seem to be available to add to bag yet. Maybe it’ll be up for purchase at around 8 AM EST like some sets. I’m annoyed but I’m gonna go to bed and try to get it in the morning, hopefully it doesn’t sell out quickly. 

I’m having the same issue here in Switzerland.  I’m thinking someone has forgot to press a button somewhere.  Grr.  

Does anyone know if you can also get the Haunted House at a (physical) LEGO store as a VIP member? Or is it purely for online purchases from LEGO.com?

P.S. It's available now in the Netherlands since 10:00 CEST.

Edited by Salix

Just ordered mine in the UK. Was expecting to wait til the 1st so was a nice surprise!

22 minutes ago, electropie said:

Just ordered mine in the UK. Was expecting to wait til the 1st so was a nice surprise!

Good thing you did. Looks like it's sold out already in UK.

15 minutes ago, Gorki247 said:

Good thing you did. Looks like it's sold out already in UK.

Wow, you're right... that's got to be a record?! :oh3:

2 hours ago, Salix said:

Does anyone know if you can also get the Haunted House at a (physical) LEGO store as a VIP member? Or is it purely for online purchases from LEGO.com?

P.S. It's available now in the Netherlands since 10:00 CEST.

To answer my own question: Seems like someone bought it today at a LEGO store, so that answers that.

For those interested, the Powered Up app has now also been updated with the Haunted House controls.