ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Plus, there is also a leaked preliminary of a Space-themed fairground ride coming this summer for Creator's Three-In-One line. Readers of this topic might be interested in that one too! :wink:

Sorry i hadent noticed that yet. I just checked again and 31095 Carousel is indeed space themed. I wonder if that big ufo sign will still be part of the final product as it doesnt add much to the set. 

The new City 60228 space centre set will most likely contain quite a lot of rollercoaster track. By the looks of it in light bluish grey and in this set put to use as some sort of non-motorised monorail. That might be better value for money since i'm not a fan of any of the creator 3-in-1 sets so far. 

Edited by AE bricks

9 minutes ago, AE bricks said:

Sorry i hadent noticed that yet. I just checked again and 31095 Carousel is indeed space themed. I wonder if that big ufo sign will still be part of the final product as it doesnt add much to the set.

I would be surprised if it wasn't, since as a Creator 3-in-1 model removing it would require removing its parts from all three models.

10 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I would be surprised if it wasn't, since as a Creator 3-in-1 model removing it would require removing its parts from all three models.

Good point :thumbup:

On 1/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, Eaglefan344 said:

I am hoping it's an Emerald Night re-release. Original had 1085 pieces and this has 1087...I have absolutely no idea though.

It makes sense that an Emerald Night re-release would be in the form of an Expert Hogwarts Express.

Edited by gotoAndLego

13 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

It makes sense that an Emerald Night re-release would be in the form of an Expert Hogwarts Express.

But that therefore wouldn't be an Emerald Night re-release, but a completely new and different set altogether. :wacko:

Are there any rumors about an upcoming, big fairground set? The Fairground Mixer, Ferris Wheel, Carousel and Rollercoaster all had their press releases between the 26 and the 30 of April, which is in two weeks. There were some rumors a few months back about one of those tall towers with spinning seats becoming a set, I believe. I really hope TLG doesn't drop this Creator Expert Fairground subtheme.

There was no fairground set in 2016, though, but the Big Ben came out that year. Might there be a correlation between Landmark and Fairground sets? TLG's tight grip on D2C leaks makes it suspenseful having to wait for sets that might never be.........

EDIT: From PrisonBrick a few months back:

"Last D2C rumors:

10266 (Discovery Expert) 1087 pieces 16+

10267 (Seasonal Expert) 1477 pieces 12+

10269 (Vehicle Expert) 1023 pieces 16+

71044 (Disney) 2925 pieces 12+

75244 (Star Wars) 1768 pieces $199,99 

75252 (Star Wars) 4782 pieces $499,99 16+ October

75936 (Jurassic World) 3120 pieces 16+ July

76139 (Batvehicle) ???? pieces

PS: 10268 is Vestas Wind Turbine"

Discovery expert? What is that codeword?

EDIT II:

Amazon.co.uk has a listing for a "LEGO Creator 10266 Confidential, Multi-Colour".

The mystery deepens...

EDIT III:

Turns out there is an amusement park in Italy which has a pendulum ride called "Discovery". Hmmm...

Edited by Terrasher

1087 pieces doesnt seem a lot For a fairground ride  

the smallest so far is the mixer at 1700 odd 

if its the pendulum ride it could be That amount of pieces with a couple of A frames like the big wheel and the ride part along with a smallish ticket booth 

It has been mentioned before, perhaps under other topics, that 10266 Discovery Expert (with 1087 pieces) could likely be a re-release of the Emerald Night train which originally had 1085 pieces.  But why use Discovery with the train?

That said, your guess is as good as mine :).

I think the likeliest possibility is something commemorating the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

Brickset has an image of 31095-1: {Carousel}.  Is this considered part of the fairground theme?  The Brick Fan website also shows an alternate build of this which looks to be one of the dropzone rides.  This makes me think it may be a 3 in 1 like the pirate coaster and may not be part of the official fairground theme.  The image from brickset has a Lego copyright of 2019, so I assume it's official lego pics and is shareable. 

https://brickset.com/sets/31095-1/{Carousel}

31095-1.jpg.aa62899c55becf44d34b07e5757f16f1.jpg

Edited by kasmca

I'll be honest i'm beginning to wonder if there will be a fair ground ride this year, the creator 3 in 1 seems to have taken on a lot of smaller rides, also very little info on the new one about...

5 hours ago, chrisb2012 said:

I'll be honest i'm beginning to wonder if there will be a fair ground ride this year, the creator 3 in 1 seems to have taken on a lot of smaller rides, also very little info on the new one about...

At this point I'd be surprised if there were a fairground set this year. Apparently, a Stranger Things D2C is releasing in June, which is when the fairground sets have been coming out. There have also been pretty much zero rumors so far this year. However, there's set 10266 (Discovery) that I don't know what it may be. It only has about 1000 pieces so I doubt it'll be a fairground set.

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

with the new friends fairground stuff (amazing by the way) i agree with @Terrasher i doubt well get one this year.

didn't we have a year off when the last lot of fairground friend sets came out ???

Indeed. Between the Ferris Wheel and the Carrousel it skipped a year. I'm expecting the same for this year. 

2 hours ago, Kjellevirus said:

Indeed. Between the Ferris Wheel and the Carrousel it skipped a year. I'm expecting the same for this year. 

Damn if this holds up, I'm going to be let down.  I was really looking forward to a new set this year.  

I agree, since there is a lot of extra fairground style stuff, I think we might be looking at a skip year.  Probably just as well, as I don’t think my bank balance can handle the treehouse (when the final model is released) and a fairground plus the other lower priced sets I want for my city scape.  

Personally, I don't mind an off year for Creator Expert fairground sets... I still haven't gotten the roller coaster, so I don't mind not having to decide between it and another brand-new fairground set.

To be honest if they are taking a year off, I wonder if the high price of the roller coaster is part of why. The more expensive a set is, the longer people who want it might have to save up for it, so it wouldn't surprise me if the roller coaster has a lot of potential sales that haven't yet been actualized.

Same with the others. I only started with the fairground theme as the Ferris Wheel was on clearance. Still have a huge backlog of other themes to buy plus the Carousel and Coaster sets. And yeah, that Treehouse at $200 and possibly the surprise Stranger Things sets... Stretching my Lego budget already!!!