ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

4 hours ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

What is "discovery expert" supposed to be?

I am hoping it's an Emerald Night re-release. Original had 1085 pieces and this has 1087...I have absolutely no idea though.

19 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

Last D2C rumors:

10266 (Discovery Expert) 1087 pieces 16+

Thank you very much for the list, @PrisonBrick, and for clarifying what a Discovery is, @Johnmeel!

So if 10266 was the Fairground set, then it will be a lot smaller (at least from the piece count) than all previous versions. But that would even make sense: Last year's roller coaster did cost a lot of money. So maybe TLG thought about it would be good for their fans to have one year to recreate their wallet.

If - and I say if - there was a Fairground subtheme in the City line in summer, it could even be that we won't get any Creator Expert Fairground set this year. Like it was some years ago when there was (apart from the hotdog van) that horrible subtheme in the Friends line. Discovery could - and I say could - even mean something which has really to do with discovery - so e. g. a giant model of a space vehicle.

Interesting!

Can't wait to find out what the next set will be.

I've been thinking, the first set they released was the mixer, which worked really well as a standalone set, with all the extra fairground builds. Next was the ferris wheel and carousel, both of which Lego had done before. I think these sets were intended to test the market and see if there was demand for fairground sets. Once they knew that there was, they released the rollercoaster, a set that according to designers was years in the making. I think now we can expect a whole host of rides, with as much variety as you find at a fairground!

There was a Discovery theme with space mission sets in 2003 - with a Discovery Channel branding. Would be strange to return after all those years, but since there are said to be space sets in City in the summer, why not? Doesn't have to be a Discovery Channel thing, simply called Discovery, anyway.

There is a good chance that if they named the set “Discovery” that it might not even be a fairground set. It might be the return of the Space Shuttle as an officially licensed set. I hope they do it. I missed out on the first Expert set. 

10213 Space Shuttle Adventure had 1204 pieces. Perhaps this is the Discovery shuttle? If you remove the base and the unnecessary (imo) accessories it would likely be around 1087 pieces.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:51 AM, PrisonBrick said:

Last D2C rumors:

10266 (Discovery Expert) 1087 pieces 16+

10267 (Seasonal Expert) 1477 pieces 12+

10269 (Vehicle Expert) 1023 pieces 16+

71044 (Disney) 2925 pieces 12+

75244 (Star Wars) 1768 pieces $199,99 

75252 (Star Wars) 4782 pieces $499,99 16+ October

75936 (Jurassic World) 3120 pieces 16+ July

76139 (Batvehicle) ???? pieces

PS: 10268 is Vestas Wind Turbine

Little update:

794-E706-C-F4-FB-4040-B1-A9-526-DF804453pic upload

Isn’t that more realistically going to be the Ford Mustang creator expert model? Part count is a little high I suppose but it might be lots of smaller parts to get the right shape. The VW bus is 1300 ish, Beetle is 1170 and Aston Martin is 1300, so in the ball park.

Edited by jus1973
Additional info.

I didn't realize there was a type of ride called a "discovery swing". Makes sense that it would only be a little over 1000 pieces as there isn't that much to it. 

Do any of you think this year's Fairground set might utilize the new "gear plates" from this set? I could see those being useful for a teacup ride or something similar.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:17 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

IF there was a Creator Expert Fairground set this year, then yes, I could well imagine this piece being used, @Lyichir.

If this is true then perhaps we’d be looking at a fun house type of thing.  You know, tilting floors and revolving rooms, that sort of ride.  I’m sure it can be done but I’m not sure it really fits with the rest of the line so far.

Any news on any rumors?

This time last year, we already were almost 100 percent sure what that yeaes fairground set was gonna be.

im beginning to think that there will not be any fairground set this year

5 hours ago, Ttot said:

Any news on any rumors?

This time last year, we already were almost 100 percent sure what that yeaes fairground set was gonna be.

im beginning to think that there will not be any fairground set this year

I really hope that's not the case as I was looking forward to a new set this year!  

Calm down. Looking at thr last couple of months, information and leaks have been very late and not much. Be patient. 

This has been known for a while but there are at least 3 fairground-ish sets in other themes

- 60234 City People Pack

- 31095 Creator 3-in-1 Fairground Carousel

- 41375 Friends Amusement Park

Edited by TeriXeri

I’m sure we’ll get a new ride or set in this theme soon.  It appears that previous years shedules of release dates has not proved a reliable estimation of this years dates.

Im just thinking like, what set number would the ride have, basically every possible set number, is already predicted as another thing

I do wonder how many of these set number and part count predictions we get right.  Tbh, I never really worry too much about that. More on the actual model when it’s got its press release.  

With the rollercoaster being such a large set, in part count and actual size, I do wonder if we’ll get a smaller, fairground mixer sort of model this year.  In which case 10266, or maybe 10269, from the d2c list in this thread are incorrectly labelled.  The creator expert car ended up being the mustang with 10265.

A preliminary picture of 60234 is out on IG today. Its called People pack - Luna park and looks promising although most of the minifigures are in plain white on this image. Probably because TLG knows leaks are almost unavoidable. So still some element of suprise coming up...

18 minutes ago, AE bricks said:

A preliminary picture of 60234 is out on IG today. Its called People pack - Luna park and looks promising although most of the minifigures are in plain white on this image. Probably because TLG knows leaks are almost unavoidable. So still some element of suprise coming up...

Plus, there is also a leaked preliminary of a Space-themed fairground ride coming this summer for Creator's Three-In-One line. Readers of this topic might be interested in that one too! :wink: