ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

4 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

How long does everyone see this theme sticking around? They can only do so many rides. I suppose they can just start over with the Ferris Wheel and Carousel in 5-10 years though.

This is Lego we’re talking about. The sky’s the limit, I’m sure the designers will blow us away with future reveals and releases just like the Roller Coaster did.

13 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

How long does everyone see this theme sticking around? They can only do so many rides. I suppose they can just start over with the Ferris Wheel and Carousel in 5-10 years though.

I think the point will be that they end up doing rides that are similar to previous rides, but not necessarily repeating the same thing. Think how many roller coasters they could do. Even so, there's still plenty of rides to do, teacups, Rotor, drop tower, swings, slingshot, vomitron, XXXXL, etc style rides are all possibilities.

1 minute ago, The_Nev said:

I think the point will be that they end up doing rides that are similar to previous rides, but not necessarily repeating the same thing. Think how many roller coasters they could do. Even so, there's still plenty of rides to do, teacups, Rotor, drop tower, swings, slingshot, vomitron, XXXXL, etc style rides are all possibilities.

Awww yes! More roller coasters is a good idea. Imagine if Lego decided to beat the record for the largest Lego set and made a £749.99 roller coaster with 8500 pieces!

You only have to look at some of the fantastic fairground MOCs out there to see that there’s at least another 10-15 sets without repeating.  Dodgems, haunted houses, drop tower, octopus, chair swings, bungee launchers. I’m quite looking forward to seeing how far they take it.  Makes me slightly annoyed I missed the fairground mixer now.

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

There's a rumor of 10264 being amusement park.

Could you share some more? It's a nice rumor, but a link would also be great :)

18 minutes ago, Doge said:

Could you share some more? It's a nice rumor, but a link would also be great :)

Idk if it was posted in any public place yet.

After seeing several swinging/pirate ship MOCs, at first I though they were good but could be better, then I tried to build one myself! Such a simple concept turns out to be one of the hardest to get right. The shipalways swings way too fast for scale destroying the illusion of size. So it would have to be of the type with the large counterweight on top which enables it to go all the way round. There's also the issue of a really low friction main pivot as turntables had way too much friction and axles felt a bit flimsy. Get a low friction pivot point and tune the counterweight well enough and you solve another major issue, which is that the drive wheel has to be geared quite fast even for realistically slow looking swings, but also has to be geared low enough to accelerate the large ship meaning the motor has to be very powerful. Then there's the issue of a really sturdy A frame than than hold all that swinging mass absolutely rigid otherwise it just looks silly! So yeah, if they release a decent sized swinging ship that works well and looks realistic I'll be impressed!

Thank you very much for the info, @dimaks13!

So we'll get 10264 Amusement Park and 10267 Freefall Tower in 2019?! Although this would be great, I highly doubt that there'll be two Fairground sets in one year. I bet that either the Freefall Tower was pushed back to 2020 or it is part of the Amusement Park set.

Independent from that I really hope that next year's Fairground set will include minimum one smaller ride and a lot of decent sized stalls (in the style and size of the Pizza Van). Since a faiground nearly only consisting of huge rides looks that boring and is so unrealistic.

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

So we'll get 10264 Amusement Park and 10267 Freefall Tower in 2019?! Although this would be great, I highly doubt that there'll be two Fairground sets in one year. I bet that either the Freefall Tower was pushed back to 2020 or it is part of the Amusement Park set.

10267 is a WV set supposedly.

3 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Sorry for off topic..

Do you know if there is any Harry Potter (or Fantastic Beasts) D2C rumors for next year?

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Sorry for off topic..

Do you know if there is any Harry Potter (or Fantastic Beasts) D2C rumors for next year?

I don't.

5 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

I don't.

Thanks for the reply :sweet: I assume you will let us know when you do :tongue:

20 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Ah, thanks for clarifying, dimaks! So the info that 10267 will be a Freefall Tower was wrong.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a circus of lego. It could have the ''tent'' of thet same material as the carousel (set 10257).

Any news, rumours, leaks, suspicions on the next fairground set? I swear I haven't heard anything about anything coming out in 2019!

On 9/29/2018 at 8:56 AM, dimaks13 said:

There's a rumor of 10264 being amusement park.

Isn’t 10264 a modular building, supposed to be a Garage?

1 hour ago, Daniel-Technic said:

Nothing's officially confirmed yet, will find out tomorrow. Most likely is the modular though, unless they skip numbers...

9 hours ago, Daniel-Technic said:

It is, the rumor was wrong.

OK, so my patience might at last be paying off in 2019!

Smyths toys in the UK has just listed the 10261 Roller Coaster £299, it's now only a matter of time before they offer 25% - 33% Discount and this set becomes a viable option for me.....

10265 or 10266 could be a fairground set, those are the only two D2C set no rumors that do not have a label yet from what i have seen (assuming the labels are legit) :shrug_oh_well:

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

10265 or 10266 could be a fairground set, those are the only two D2C set no rumors that do not have a label yet from what i have seen (assuming the labels are legit) :shrug_oh_well:

No, the Fairground set has either to be 10266 or 10268; I personally guess it's 10266. Brickset namely lists following Creator Expert sets for 2019:

10264 Corner Garage - already released

10265 Car

not listed 10266 - imo supposably the Fairground set (since last year it was released after the D2C car set, too)

10267 {Winter Village Set}

not listed 10268 - What could that be?

10269 {Vehicle D2C Set} - Could this be a re-release either of the Emerald Night or of the Imperial Flagship? (Imperial Flagship was in the survey on Brickset the set which is the most prefered one to be re-released.)

Last D2C rumors:

10266 (Discovery Expert) 1087 pieces 16+

10267 (Seasonal Expert) 1477 pieces 12+

10269 (Vehicle Expert) 1023 pieces 16+

71044 (Disney) 2925 pieces 12+

75244 (Star Wars) 1768 pieces $199,99 

75252 (Star Wars) 4782 pieces $499,99 16+ October

75936 (Jurassic World) 3120 pieces 16+ July

76139 (Batvehicle) ???? pieces

PS: 10268 is Vestas Wind Turbine