ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

23 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

How about a swing ride? That would most certainly be very ornate in its finer detailing and grebbling, not to mention that it'd be a good candidate for Power Functions adaptability. :classic:

Like a chair swing? I could see that, or maybe a drop ride like the Tower of Terror.

Spoiler

f0b03e736ec9d7948e5e658921dc42b7.jpg

or;

Spoiler

riding-a-carnival-ride-drop-tower-named-

Just now, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Like a chair swing?

Exactly, but with the lavish ornamentation of a carousel ride, much like this example:

Swing Ride On The Pleasure Pier

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that it would be that. The chair design would be very similar to the Mixer set and the interior would be just redoing the mary go round. What would be cool, is if they made a Fairground accessories set. Have a few food stands, maybe a entrance way. Give people the proper addons for their park.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I suppose Lego could do a bumper car set for that line of Creator instead. Hey, perhaps it would be Space themed this time! 

You know, that's just the sort of thing I could imagine them doing. Space bumper cars would make a really good follow up to the pirate roller coaster. Great idea. :classic:

9 hours ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

What would be cool, is if they made a Fairground accessories set. Have a few food stands, maybe a entrance way. Give people the proper addons for their park.

Well, I suppose those could be done as individual "gift-with-purchase" sets, as we've seen a few promotions like that in the past to complement Creator Expert's modular building line.

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

You know, that's just the sort of thing I could imagine them doing. Space bumper cars would make a really good follow up to the pirate roller coaster. Great idea. :classic:

Thanks! :grin:

Another idea I just had for themed bumper cars would be a medieval jousting tournament theme. How 'bout that?

On 27/05/2018 at 10:57 PM, Fuppylodders said:

While it might not involve the use of magnets, that's not to say they wouldn't make a free moving by hand version. But I'm not entirely sure how they'd promote a power functions aspect of it as does all the other sets....?:shrug_confused:

Bumper cars usually have a pole at the back. Simply attach this pole to a rotor hidden in the ceiling. 

On 5/28/2018 at 12:01 PM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

What would be cool, is if they made a Fairground accessories set. Have a few food stands, maybe a entrance way. Give people the proper addons for their park.

It would wouldn't it.

Normally I wouldn't say this, but check the link in my signature. Might be what you're after.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well look what we have here... :grin:

LEGO Ideas - Pirate Ship Ride 

Great! :thumbup: This is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. One of these would work very well as an official fairground set I reckon. It would give lots of opportunity for ornate detailing and would also lend itself well to have power functions added. There would also be the opportunity to add in lots of little nods to classic pirate sets.

Thanks for finding this. :sweet:

6 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Thanks for finding this. :sweet:

You're quite welcome, that project was submitted there just this morning by the way! :wink: Also, here's another similar project brought up at that link as a suggestion:

LEGO Ideas - Pirates VS Kraken Ride 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

HI,

Another possible set could be a haunted house, with multiple secret doors and scary things to scare the visitors. And many rooms, false doors, corridors...

2 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

Brickmerge says that the set 10267 will be a "free fall tower"

While a free fall tower does seem a likely enough subject (as a distinctive ride that could be easily automated like the other Fairground sets), I'm definitely skeptical of leaks for a D2C for next summer this early in the year.

One neat option I've considered MOCing would be bumper cars, but I don't necessarily think we'd see those in a set for this series, considering that as individually driven vehicles they'd be hard to automate with a motorized or crank-driven function in a totally satisfying way.

17 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

Brickmerge says that the set 10267 will be a "free fall tower"

By the way, unless you're already aware, @just2good has credited you with this information in a video he just did about this enigmatic listing. 

18 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Is it not too soon to be getting information on the next set? I mean, we've only just got the roller-coaster released... 

A couple of months ago we got the roller coaster, and, although the freefall tower might become a set, I think its too soon to get so many information and a clear image.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, unless you're already aware, @just2good has credited you with this information in a video he just did about this enigmatic listing. 

Nice. Thanks for letting me know

I would be pretty surprised if LEGO released another $200 fairground set this year. Star Wars UCS has the popularity to support 2 large annual releases but I don't feel Fairgrounds does. Who knows though.

Perhaps this was a backup design in case the rollercoaster didn’t come off.  It may turn out to be released next year. If they release it this autumn, I think it’s likely that we’ll have to go without in 2019, or possibly a smaller set, like the fairground mixer, perhaps.