ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

34 minutes ago, legonerd54321 said:

Nah, they're usually earlier than that, aren't they?

I don't know. Someone commented, either here on Eurobricks or the LEGO subreddit, that the press release would be at 3pm, but that's just from a single comment.

Are the times recorded for Brickset articles EST? The Ferris Wheel and Carousel press release articles were posted at about 14:30 and 15:30.

For the press release, we're probably looking at 14:00 / 15:00 British Summer Time. Brickset is a British website so all the articles published are time stamped British time.

@Terrasher

I`m counting seconds :grin: ...and going to explode soon. I`ve never wanted and waited so much for a reveal as for the #10261 Roller Coaster :wub:

19 minutes ago, Chilis said:

I`m counting seconds :grin: ...and going to explode soon. I`ve never wanted and waited so much for a reveal as for the #10261 Roller Coaster :wub:

me too! :D hopefully we will see also a video! 

4 minutes ago, Chilis said:

Its out!

Ha, I like how they added three gold rollerskates onto the 'S' in 'COASTER' to resemble cars on a track, as I couldn't see that detail before. :thumbup: :grin:

Prices are absolutely out of control. I was interested in it, but not $380 USD worth of interested.

Edited by Yeow

480CAD, that's a lot but pretty much on par with USD conversion, so not that much more overpriced.

Maybe 1st day, maybe christmas... It's either this or Ferris Wheel & Carousel.

Any guesses on when the carousel might retire? I'm trying to sell 1 more thing to afford both the coaster and the wheel, but I don't want to miss out on the carousel.

EDIT: Oh, my God, I just checked out the video of the rollercoaster in motion. The carousel will have to wait.

Edited by Terrasher

7 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

480CAD, that's a lot but pretty much on par with USD conversion, so not that much more overpriced.

Maybe 1st day, maybe christmas... It's either this or Ferris Wheel & Carousel.

Any guesses on when the carousel might retire? I'm trying to sell 1 more thing to afford both the coaster and the wheel, but I don't want to miss out on the carousel.

EDIT: Oh, my God, I just checked out the video of the rollercoaster in motion. The carousel will have to wait.

I wasn't planning on getting any of the fairground sets then I saw this so now I need the Ferris Wheel & the Carousel. Ferris wheel has been out for 3 years and will probably retire this year so I would guess the Carousel should be around til 2020. 

Any idea what the first pull pin does? The second one obviously does the transfer track as shown in the vid. 

12 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Any idea what the first pull pin does? The second one obviously does the transfer track as shown in the vid. 

My guess is that it’s to stop the train at the station or to let it pass through without stopping. There’s one part in the video that shows the train doing this, but it’s just a guess. 

26 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Hahaha that made me laugh! :laugh:

I think it's an amazing set. Sure the price seems steep, but just  look at what you're getting. A fully functioning rollercoaster set that  has lots of playability, and can very easily be the pinnacle in any persons town layout. The set is extremely large, and has a lot of pieces. Yet it's main focus is pieces mostly towards the rollercoaster itself, with minimal going towards side builds, except those complimenting it. 

At 4124 pieces, it's still a good price considering the amount of track included. I'd been holding off on the carousel but now I'll have to get it to compliment getting this fantastic looking set! Absolutely love the video too with its stop motion part!

Amazing.

Do the  minifigs move like in the video?

I still haven't got the Carousel, The Dinner, Ninjago city, that Sancta Sanctorum set... And now this...

I just can't keep track with Lego anymore... (no pun intended).

A buy for sure, but I will probably wait until double VIP and/or a good promotion. There are no good promotions in May right?

By the way, we may have yet another chance to ask some our questions to a Creator Expert designer, so if anyone has anything they've been wondering about recently regarding the Fairground line...

By the way, I just recently came across this one LEGO Ideas project that I thought was kinda cool...

Magnetic Bumper Cars by Bricky_Brick 

Spoiler

5443877-o_1cdo1m84m1ckcl511dbf16ju1tgve-

...and I was wondering if you guys think this concept could be adopted by the Fairground line down the road. If so, would this project clash with the preexisting Fairground line, much like how so many modular building Ideas projects clash with the preexisting Creator Expert line? :shrug_confused:

Would it clash? If they figure of a way to ever get back to using magnets, yes. If they don't, then no but then they'd also never be able to do it at that point anyway. 

As far as I was aware, they stopped using magnets due to some hazard of them and children. Can't remember if it was if they got swallowed or something, that they could potentially cause poisoning etc.

Either way, I'd love to see the use of magnets come back, especially as there are now extremely strong magnets out there that could provide so many possibilities.

One if which being I want to make a go kart track with a chain drive underneath following the circuit, with magnets attached and the karts going round. 

Does anyone happen to know how long usually it takes for sets parts to be released on the 'buy replacement parts' section of the Lego website? I really want to buy some more track pieces :look:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, I just recently came across this one LEGO Ideas project that I thought was kinda cool...

Magnetic Bumper Cars by Bricky_Brick 

Hide contents

5443877-o_1cdo1m84m1ckcl511dbf16ju1tgve-

...and I was wondering if you guys think this concept could be adopted by the Fairground line down the road. If so, would this project clash with the preexisting Fairground line, much like how so many modular building Ideas projects clash with the preexisting Creator Expert line? :shrug_confused:

Well that looks a pretty cool design. And I reckon bumper cars could be a definite contender for a future set under the creator fairground line.

With this in mind I wouldn't be surprised if this model got turned down in case it clashed with any potential future fairground sets.

On the other hand it could be argued that the pirate roller coaster clashes with the Fairground line but they still went ahead and released that.

Edited by Bricked1980

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

As far as I was aware, they stopped using magnets due to some hazard of them and children. Can't remember if it was if they got swallowed or something, that they could potentially cause poisoning etc.

Oh, I forgot about that one aspect. :sad:

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

On the other hand it could be argued that the pirate roller coaster clashes with the Fairground line but they still went ahead and released that.

Both of those sets each sit within very different price ranges, so I don't know how someone could argue that. But, since you brought up the Three-In-One rollercoaster, I suppose Lego could do a bumper car set for that line of Creator instead. Hey, perhaps it would be Space themed this time! :shrug_oh_well:

While it might not involve the use of magnets, that's not to say they wouldn't make a free moving by hand version. But I'm not entirely sure how they'd promote a power functions aspect of it as does all the other sets....?:shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

So with the Roller Coaster being the 4th (or 3rd) release in the "Creator Fairgrounds" line, what would everyone like next year's release to be?

How about a swing ride? That would most certainly be very ornate in its finer detailing and grebbling, not to mention that it'd be a good candidate for Power Functions adaptability. :classic: