ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

FYI, LEGO just confirmed that this picture is considered a leak, so please do not post or share it.

Official press release will follow in few days.

And PS, is that a pigeon I see before me? Sitting on the cotton candy? Or is that the seagull?
Can't see the spread wings from this angle, but it might be the existing seagull.

Edited by Withacee

1 hour ago, Withacee said:

Noticed the next fairground set for 2019 in the background? :wink:

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

I noticed that ride in the background too. Not sure what they're called but it's one of those tall tower things that lifts people up to the top and then drops them back down.

I wonder if this could be a candidate for a future set.

I've noticed it too! I believe it's called a Drop Tower. It would make a great candidate, that's for sure.

And PS, is that a pigeon I see before me? Sitting on the cotton candy? Or is that a seagull? Can't see the spread wings.

Maybe it's a new mould, I'm not sure if it's a seagull. And does the minifig? holding the cotton candy looks weird or that's me? 

BTW, is the earth blue panel above the roller coaster train a new piece? I don't remember seeing it before.

Edited by LegoModularFan

51 minutes ago, Withacee said:

I remember the roller coaster was in the background in the pictures of previous fairground sets, so it's definitely a possible hint.

I'm veering off topic a bit here but I notice that the 3in1 Pirate Roller Coaster due out in the summer has got a picture of a ferris wheel in the background. I realise this is just the box artwork but it would be really cool if they followed up the Pirate Coaster with a smaller ferris wheel next year, released as a Creator 3in1 set.

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

I noticed that ride in the background too. Not sure what they're called but it's one of those tall tower things that lifts people up to the top and then drops them back down.

There's same one on 10257 box and that's not what you mean.

For everyone saying the background of the coaster image is a hint. It’s not. Its the same background they have used for the box art since the first fairground set, the Fairground Mixer. 

There is a possibility of a free fall ride or a tilt-a-whirl could be next. 

But also I noticed that this set is definitely going to cost more than the Jokers Mansion set. And they are likely releasing the 3-in-1 version for kids while this one will likely be aimed at 16+ and priced much higher. 

There is a track pack coming but its all grey tracks but it does include a coaster train of 3 cars for €20. It’s available now at Legoland Billund. 

Also if people are wondering about size. Put two ferris wheel sets together side by side and there is your size. 

Edited by ncx

And PS, is that a pigeon I see before me? Sitting on the cotton candy? Or is that the seagull?
Can't see the spread wings from this angle, but it might be the existing seagull.

I think it is a seagull, but nice to see that used in another set :thumbup:

Ferris Wheel press release was April 30, 2015, while the Carousel's was on April 27, 2017. Both of these dates are the last Thursday of the month.

My guess is we'll see the reveal of the Rollercoaster on the 26th, unless we're lucky and it's earlier.

38 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Ferris Wheel press release was April 30, 2015, while the Carousel's was on April 27, 2017. Both of these dates are the last Thursday of the month.

My guess is we'll see the reveal of the Rollercoaster on the 26th, unless we're lucky and it's earlier.

I think that's probably about right. Other Creator Expert sets including the winter village station, Downtown Diner and Taj Mahal were also all announced within the last few days of the month as well. I reckon the official reveal will be during next week some time but most likely as you suggest around the 26th or 27th.

Edited by Bricked1980

What I like about this one, is you could buy multiples and could easily use all the pieces just to expand it, making one massive rollercoaster (as big as it already is!). It also has the opportunity to implement the pirate roller coaster into it as well as like, a section of the rollercoaster ride. There are so many moc'ing opportunities with this set, it's a shame there is no loop, that would really have finished it off. Nonetheless, an amazing looking set I'm looking forward to!

19 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I know someone made an Ideas project that was kind of like what I'm describing

I don't post here often, but I came to share my thoughts on the Rollercoaster. I swear I didn't come here to plug my Ideas set (total coincidence, I promise), but I think I might be the guy you're talking about :)

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d2ae7368-2783-464d-a8de-a4051123b33e

Anyway, this coaster is awesome. Sucks that there's no loop, but it's so cool I don't even care. The red is gorgeous and the scale is unreal. The add-ons are a great touch too, and the figs look nice as well.

Seriously excited for this.

13 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

12 hours ago, Withacee said:

Yes, it looks like one of those free-fall towers.

12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I've noticed it too! I believe it's called a Drop Tower. It would make a great candidate, that's for sure.

Nope. :wink:
The ride in the background is a so called "Star Flyer". Basically a modern chain chair swing carousel that slowly rides up and down a tower.
See this version in Copenhagen as an example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Flyer_(Tivoli_Gardens)
I also think this would be a better Lego model than a free-fall tower. But personally I'd prefer the classic chair swings (like in the previous post) you can find all over the world. :sweet:

That said, that roller coaster is, without any lies, the ONE model I was always hoping for since my earliest childhood memories. Yes I know there are (great) third party options, but finally an official model and tracks! So my excitement can hardly be contained! :grin:
I think I also figured out the layout and track pieces used in case anyone is interested: (I'm not so certain with the short straight pieces though ... )
Long Straight (25059): 2
Short Straight (26022): 4
90° Curve (25061): 12
Small Ramp (34738): 9
Large Ramp (lower) (26559): 4
Large Ramp (upper) (26560): 4
Large Ramp (middle) (NEW): 6

Edited by DragonKhan

On 4/17/2018 at 9:57 AM, Terrasher said:

There is another post on the subreddit that links to a Chinese website where we can see the full rollcercoaster.

coul you send me the link too pls

26 minutes ago, danimarroquin said:

coul you send me the link too pls

The page just showed the larger Rollercoaster picture that has been uploaded onto another post in the subreddit.

The translated text didn't add anything of substance. No price nor piece count.

------------

We've got a week to go until the press release on the 26th, if TLG follows the same last-thursday-of-the-month pattern from the Ferris Wheel and the Carousel.

You know, someday I'd like to see someone incorporate a brickload of this rollercoaster track into a large city display, somehow utilizing it as an elevated transportation system suspended onto buildings throughout the layout. :smug:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, someday I'd like to see someone incorporate a brickload of this rollercoaster track into a large city display, somehow utilizing it as an elevated transportation system suspended onto buildings throughout the layout. :smug:

Well, this is exactly what we were contemplating for our city.
The monorail parts are pretty much unattainable, so this would be a great alternative.

That's why we were very happy to see the part packs for the rollercoaster rails in lbg.
And hopefully, the new rail parts (like the 45 degree angle straight rails in the new rollercoaster, now in red) will also be issued in lbg, at some point.

23 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW, is the earth blue panel above the roller coaster train a new piece? I don't remember seeing it before.

Yes, it might be, but it could also be multiple parts 2440. The colour is new for this part, though.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2440

I had a nightmare last night; the leaked picture of the Creator Expert rollercoaster was something else than Lego/a knockoff... :wacko: It better be real and true!! :blush: can`t wait for the confirmation and press-release.

I was honestly put off by the colour in the beginning, as well. I was expecting the Rollercoaster to look more like the traditional, wooden ones.

I'm hoping the press release will make it look much prettier than those leaks make it out to be.

Just now, Terrasher said:

I was honestly put off by the colour in the beginning, as well. I was expecting the Rollercoaster to look more like the traditional, wooden ones.

I'm hoping the press release will make it look much prettier than those leaks make it out to be.

I think the rollercoaster probably won't be the most attractive lego set ever made. It looks as if it will have quite a messy tangled appearance. That's exactly how a rollercoaster should look though.

Despite this I reckon it will be a real fun thing to build and it will look so cool with the trucks whizzing around the track.

I'm getting more and more exited for the official reveal. Every time I see that a new post has been added to this topic, I am on here like a flash to see if it is the official announcement. :laugh:

45 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I think the rollercoaster probably won't be the most attractive lego set ever made. It looks as if it will have quite a messy tangled appearance. That's exactly how a rollercoaster should look though.

Despite this I reckon it will be a real fun thing to build and it will look so cool with the trucks whizzing around the track.

I'm getting more and more exited for the official reveal. Every time I see that a new post has been added to this topic, I am on here like a flash to see if it is the official announcement. :laugh:

Yeah, I agree about the tangled appearance part. What really put me off the first time I saw it was the clash between the white colour of the overall structure and the little bits of grey and black here and there. I know, if the coaster had been made brown, those black and grey bits would probably still be there, but at least they'd blend in much better with the rest of the structure. Then again, more-or-less traditional looking coaster would imply a lot more structure to represent the thousands of wooden boards that go into building such a ride, and that would have bumped the price up by a lot. :tongue:

I'm also pretty excited for the press release. Don't let yourself be let down if it's not tomorrow or during the week-end. I'd expect it to be on the 26th, just a week from now. If it's not then, I'll be surprised.

One week to go (maybe)! :classic:

It was just announced on Lego Ambassador Network that new D2C set will be presented on 26-th.

White is a very famous color for wooden coasters in the USA. White support and red cars.

There is the Jack Rabbit in Rochester NY, nearly 100 years old. Not sure how it's stayed open, the Seabreeze Park is only open like two months a year. Also the Bobsled Coaster is white. I stuck a video because it has a great view of Lake Ontario. (Even though Europeans probably can't watch the YouTube clip.)

Edited by Maple

3 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

It was just announced on Lego Ambassador Network that new D2C set will be presented on 26-th.

why don't we have a Like button?  Thanks for the info!!  I am so excited and I already know the price.  $384.99 is what the euro price translates to.  No piece count but I am guessing between 3,000-3,500 pieces.  I am getting this set on VIP Early Release, I don't care what my credit balance is at LOL

5 hours ago, ncx said:

I am getting this set on VIP Early Release, I don't care what my credit balance is at

Same here.
One has to, it's a given.
There are no other options :wink: