ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The rollercoaster looks beyond awesome!! Can`t wait to get it!
Edited by Chilis
Edit: Removed a leaked picture/without prelim-stamp

4 minutes ago, Chilis said:

There`s no "preliminary"-stamp on this so I`ll post it here.

Urm, no, it's still a leak; so I'd remove that from here if I were you. :sad:

Anyone wanting to see the picture, someone just uploaded it to the lego subreddit. Sort by new and it shouldn't be too hard to find.

The Chinese website didn't say much. Nothing about size or price, I believe.

The Brick built "Coaster" lettering reminds me of the lettering on Downtown Diner. I wouldn't be surprised if this is also a Mike Psiaki design. I believe last year's Carousel was designed by him as well.

I will replace those round bricks by some sturdier looking core, but I suppose they choose this solution to keep the costs down. 

I also count at least 11 minifigures so that's nice. 

Edited by Kevii23

5 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

I will replace those round bricks by some sturdier looking core, but I suppose they choose this solution to keep the costs down. 

There are probably Technic axles in those supports, which a 2 x 2 round brick accepts.

36 minutes ago, Rick said:

There are probably Technic axles in those supports, which a 2 x 2 round brick accepts.

Yea, seems most likely, but I don't like the look of it. The round bricks look cheap :p 

But maybe it looks better in HD. 

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Yea, seems most likely, but I don't like the look of it. The round bricks look cheap :p 

But maybe it looks better in HD. 

Leaked photos including the ones that leaked for the Ferris wheel before release made it look bad. Official images come out a few days later (usually a Friday)

when they showed them, I changed my mind about not getting it. 

I hope this Rollercoaster is not deeper than the ferriswheel. If it is the same depth, it will fit nicely on my display shelf. 

I cannot wait!  Lego is really eating my wallet this year. And after this Rollercoaster we still have Voltron coming, another pricey set. 

Coaster is estimated to be $350 USD and €320

I think it looks great!  Maybe LEGO will sell individual rail pieces like they do train tracks so we can make it even bigger!

3 minutes ago, aukevin said:

I think it looks great!  Maybe LEGO will sell individual rail pieces like they do train tracks so we can make it even bigger!

Already have one. Legoland Billund released it for €19.99. Its all grey track though. 4 straight rails, 8 curves. And 3 coaster train cars.  Doesn’t have any drop rails though. I think they released it early though. Too early likely. 

Edited by ncx
Added Coaster Train info

This was the easiest set to predict in a while after joker manor was released! It looks nice, but I hold firm to the decision not to buy the fairground sets, but it is hard at times :tongue:

I notice someone has created a vid on YouTube showing and discussing the leaked coaster image.

I still think this set looks as if it will be awesome. Just wondering how stable the whole thing will be though with all those tall columns making up the framework of the structure. I bet it will be a pig to move around once it's built.

Anyone count the studs to estimate the size? A redditor said about 48x96, which makes sense. I estimate the height to be about 50 bricks tall, so about 50cm.

5 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Anyone count the studs to estimate the size? A redditor said about 48x96, which makes sense. I estimate the height to be about 50 bricks tall, so about 50cm.

It's 48 studs in depth for sure. If you count the studs you can see on the image it's 40 studs and missing a few so 48 makes sense. I hope it's 96 long, but you can't really see it. 

Really interested in the height as well as my display shelf is 55cm high. 

1 hour ago, ncx said:

Already have one. Legoland Billund released it for €19.99. Its all grey track though. 4 straight rails, 8 curves. And 3 coaster train cars.  Doesn’t have any drop rails though. I think they released it early though. Too early likely. 

Do you have a set number for that?

Very interesting. It looks huge and that brick-built lettering is really awesome! Can't wait to see the official images! :moar:

I didn't have plans to pick up any of the fairground sets but this looks like a must have. Hopefully the ferris wheel stays around for a few more months. 

Finally some pics! Wasn’t expecting another different track colour but I’m not complaining. Pretty much the same configuration that I was expecting with the track pieces that had already been released in other sets. Looking forward to getting this and hoping the AUD price isn’t too crazy!

I really hope TLG keeps releasing fairground sets for a long time. There is a ton of material out there!

Personally, I'd be extremely happy if the next set were one of those rides where the seats are held by chains and fly around as the ride turns (like the one seen in the background of the leaked Rollercoaster image). I know someone made an Ideas project that was kind of like what I'm describing - a set like that would be amazing.

A pendulum ride would be great, too.

8 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

The Brick built "Coaster" lettering reminds me of the lettering on Downtown Diner.

From what I've seen so far, the lettering has to be one of my favorite parts of this set, especially in its construction of the letter 'S' built in contrasting Earth Blue. :thumbup:

Oh, Gordon Bennett, this looks terrific!

Nice stalls, too. And optional power functions.
Cotton candy, a few decent figs, by the looks of it, great brick-built sign.
Shiny! It's mine. Mine, I say!

Noticed the next fairground set for 2019 in the background? :wink:

Just now, Withacee said:

Noticed the next fairground set for 2019 in the background? :wink:

I noticed that ride in the background too. Not sure what they're called but it's one of those tall tower things that lifts people up to the top and then drops them back down.

I wonder if this could be a candidate for a future set.

1 minute ago, Bricked1980 said:

one of those tall tower things that lifts people up to the top and then drops them back down

Yes, it looks like one of those free-fall towers.
Or else, a futuristic giant's stride.
I remember the roller coaster was in the background in the pictures of previous fairground sets, so it's definitely a possible hint.

But let's get this one first. Official pictures shoulndn't be too long now, I guess.