ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Is there so far any solid evidence that we definitely will be getting a Creator Expert roller coaster at some point,or is it just an assumption based on the fact that Lego have started producing the new roller coaster tracks in other sets? 

2 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Is there so far any solid evidence that we definitely will be getting a Creator Expert roller coaster at some point,or is it just an assumption based on the fact that Lego have started producing the new roller coaster tracks in other sets? 

Yes. We have the D2C set list and that list predicted all D2C sets in 2018 correctly till today. Last year at the same time the carousel has been released. Spring is usually that time for fairground releases. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

Please pardon my ignorance, I am slightly confused, is the Creator Expert roller coaster and the Pirate roller coaster the same set? I just can't see that Pirate coaster being $300.

9 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Please pardon my ignorance, I am slightly confused, is the Creator Expert roller coaster and the Pirate roller coaster the same set? I just can't see that Pirate coaster being $300.

Nope, the Pirate Rollercoaster is a Three-in-One Creator set.

23 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Yes. We have the D2C set list and that list predicted all D2C sets in 2018 correctly till today. Last year at the same time the carousel has been released. Spring is usually that time for fairground releases. Fingers crossed! 

Great!! My prediction is that we'll get the official announcement from TLG week commencing 23rd April. :sweet:

I've never checked the forums so frequently as I have been doing the last week hoping to see some more info on the rollercoaster!

When do you guys think the Ferris Wheel will retire? I'm on the fence about making a fairground, since my decision will depend on the rollercoaster's overall quality.

Do you think the Ferris Wheel will be around until June? 

15 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

When do you guys think the Ferris Wheel will retire? I'm on the fence about making a fairground, since my decision will depend on the rollercoaster's overall quality.

Do you think the Ferris Wheel will be around until June? 

You would have to think the Ferris Wheel will be around until at least June if not longer. 

14 hours ago, lostdriveway said:

I've never checked the forums so frequently as I have been doing the last week hoping to see some more info on the rollercoaster!

You and me both! Im absolutely stoked about it and the potential to make it as big as we want hopefully with extra track being made available. 

I'm just hoping they will provide us with the option of adding a power functions system so that the coaster can be motorised. I assume it's a pretty safe bet that they will do this though.

56 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I'm just hoping they will provide us with the option of adding a power functions system so that the coaster can be motorised. I assume it's a pretty safe bet that they will do this though.

Yeah, if they gave us the option for the last 3 fairground sets, they'll certainly let us motorize this one.

Anyways the only power functioned part would be the mechanism getting the train from the start of the ride to the top of the highest mountain and any other tall points.

There is a picture on the lego subreddit that seems to be of the rollercoaster.

Red rails with a white structure. Looks really messy. Can't see the whole set. I wonder how big it is and I hope higher quality pictures end up revealing that it looks better than it does right now.

Nice use of a beehive piece for cotton candy! :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

There is a picture on the lego subreddit that seems to be of the rollercoaster.

Oh yeah, that's real, and it looks incredible. :oh: :moar:

I think I understand how the track goes: it begins at the beginning (took me a while to figure that one out), then goes off pic to a U-turn thatvheads for the tallest climb, at the top there is another U-turn that connects to the fall where we see the dark blue train, then there are a few U-turns, all to the right bring the train down and back to the beginning.

Long shot at explaining what the rest of the ride might look like. I hope I'm wrong, though, and that there is another high mountain to the left of the image.

Have we got a price for this thing? Is it still 320€ / 385$?

Besides the fact that this set looks to introduce some additional contributions to the new track system, I really dig the Brick built text reading COASTER! :thumbup: :smug:

By the way, presumably Power Functions will be suggested as an add-on again, right?

Wow this looks amazing and huge! 

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, presumably Power Functions will be suggested as an add-on again, right?

I would have thought they will include the option for power functions. Towards the bottom of the pic you can see the small control wheel to power the coaster manually, so I bet there will be an option to swap this out for a motor instead.

Wow!  This looks amazing!

But I'm surprised we get yet another color of the new track system.  The Joker Manor has purple.  The mining set and new Pirate Coaster set uses grey.  And now this in red.

I love the color scheme for this set, and think it will contrast the Ferris Wheel and Carousel nicely.  Just surprised to see this additional color. 

There is another post on the subreddit that links to a Chinese website where we can see the full rollcercoaster.

2 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

There is another post on the subreddit that links to a Chinese website where we can see the full rollcercoaster.

Can i ask for this link in DM, please? Thank you.

Edited by AlaPo

5 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

The same subreddit as before? A link would be great. Thanks a lot :)

6 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Could I have the DM with the link please as well?

Many Thanks

The set looks like one the better lego sets of the year. The roller coaster looks great I love the color scheme it uses. I couldn’t have imagined lego doing this good of a job on this set. The lemonade stand and cotton candy stand are perfect little side builds too for this set. Also the price is like $385 and is set 10261

Edited by Falconfan1414

Instant buy. Waited a long time for this and it's finally here! 

Can someone figure out the stud dimensions? Can't really see on mobile.

Edited by Kevii23