ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 hours ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Wow that’s disappointing, $400 for a roller coaster? I wanted it to stay at the $200 price point...

Where did you read this?! I thought it should be around 300!

29 minutes ago, Fabz_Lego said:

I dont have the Joker Manor so i dont know about this..but do u think the roller coaster can be motorized?

Every Creator Expert rides can be motorized so i guess we will be able to ;)

59 minutes ago, Fabz_Lego said:

I dont have the Joker Manor so i dont know about this..but do u think the roller coaster can be motorized?

https://brickset.com/article/31879/the-new-rollercoaster-pieces

On 7-1-2018 at 10:02 PM, ddavid said:

Someone in the creator expert forum had the prices for the next creator expert sets. The 10263 will be a Winter Willage set (Brickset doesn't lie)

So after the Downtown Diner we have only 2 D2C sets to concider:

10261:  99.990Ft. converted ~ 320 € (coaster) - a bit expensive for me, but will see how it will look like

11 hours ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Wow that’s disappointing, $400 for a roller coaster? I wanted it to stay at the $200 price point...

was there new info on the pricing?, because I can't find the source for this number

8 hours ago, Johnmeel said:

was there new info on the pricing?, because I can't find the source for this number

I don't know either where this price comes from. I thought it would be around 300€

Ok, according to a reliable source the 10261 (we think the coaster, but the set name is TBA) will retail at 320€ / 384.99$

Edited by ddavid

58 minutes ago, ddavid said:

Ok, according to a reliable source the 10261 (we think the coaster, but the set name is TBA) will retail at 320€ / 384.99$

For that price, the actual coaster track better be LONG. If it ends up being Joker Manor sized track with 3500 pieces scattered around for decoration, it would make creating a longer coaster VERY expensive.

7 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

For that price, the actual coaster track better be LONG. If it ends up being Joker Manor sized track with 3500 pieces scattered around for decoration, it would make creating a longer coaster VERY expensive.

Loading/unloading station, support structure, etc. These are fundamental for a rollercoaster. The pieces aren't going to be scattered around.

2 minutes ago, legonerd54321 said:

Loading/unloading station, support structure, etc. These are fundamental for a rollercoaster. The pieces aren't going to be scattered around.

Of course, I am fully aware it's not going to be just track pieces (although maybe Lego might consider releasing a parts pack like the train tracks?). I am just worried that a large portion of the budget will go towards a centerpiece of sorts that the track will go around, like with the Pirates coaster. If they are going to do that, I hope it's going to be something a bit more interesting like a cave that the coaster goes through, or a vertical drop into a pit or anything really that isn't just static decoration.

On 5.02.2018 at 4:55 PM, Huaojozu said:

I would guess that this set won't be a LOT bigger than the Joker Manor, becouse Lego likes to make things quite compact. It can be tall, but I wouldn't expect enything bigger than 1m x 0,5m. But that's only my guess. Some pieces have to go towards the entrance, ticket booth, mabye a food stand, trees, flowers (just like in the Ferris Wheel). The Joker Manor set has a whole, massive building in the middle and we won't see it in this roller-coaster (I hope)!

Thank you very much for the info, @ddavid! :classic:

320 Euros?! That would be really, really much money and about the doube price of all Fairground sets before. :sceptic:

Plus I can't imagine what will be in this set that justifies the big price! Maybe a dragon rollercoaster driving through a classic castle - like in the Legoland Parks?

Hopefully there will be a lot of side structures like stalls selling food and smaller attractions like a shooting gallery - which I really missed in the Ferris Wheel and the Carousel. And I even hope that it won't be too big - otherwise it wouldn't go with the Fairground sets so far (imo the carousel was already too big in comparison to the Fairground Mixxer (imo the best set of the line so far)).

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

When did the Ferris Wheel and/or Caroussel came out? And when did they get their first reveal/leaked picture?

If the rollercoaster does come out, I can't be much longer right :tongue:

13 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

When did the Ferris Wheel and/or Caroussel came out? And when did they get their first reveal/leaked picture?

If the rollercoaster does come out, I can't be much longer right :tongue:

The Caroussel came the 1st of June last year. I don't know when the first rumours emerged. But for me it is still some time to go. 

Edited by Kjellevirus
Grammer

I'm thinking the price could be high because of the unique roller coaster pieces being made in a unique colour, and possibly new track elements too. Just think. If it's too cheap, it'll end up way too small, they will still include periphery builds so you'll get something that had potential but didn't deliver. That price point shows me they've put decent thought into it and made it a decent sized and fairly detailed Rollercoaster set that shouldn't disappoint the majority (there's always some that get disappointed at absolutely anything :laugh:). Not  the track will need a support structure, which, either will use lots of smaller elements, or the larger elements, both of which will eat up the cost too... 

I'd be surprised if there was another fairground set so soon after the last one, the designers are only allowed to introduce so many new sets each year in Creator Expert. There were two years between the ferris wheel and the carousel.

When it does come, it probably will be a roller coaster. It was almost implied in the recent interview that they had a design ready to go but the parts weren't ready for production so the Carousel came first.

To be honest, my budget still has some catching up to do anyway.

We had the Fairground Mixer in 2014, Ferris Wheel in 2015, then we had break in 2016 because they released Big Ben. I'm sure someone said they wouldn't be releasing fairground rides in years where they were releasing landmark sets because the same audience that buys the fairground set also buy the landmark sets, hence the wait. This should mean that we get a fairground ride this year.

Zusammengebaut just post a pic re supplemental roller coaster track from Lego, looks like this year fairground set will be Roller Coaster 

1 hour ago, Fabz_Lego said:

Zusammengebaut just post a pic re supplemental roller coaster track from Lego, looks like this year fairground set will be Roller Coaster 

I just saw the photo.  What does this imply?  Are they going to sell roller coaster track packs for $15.00?  

What I HOPE it means, is what @Fabz_Lego says: The next fairground set might be a roller coaster.
That would be terrific, especially since the track packs allow for expanding at one's own desire!
Wait and see; hopefully, the news of a new fairground set will come soon.

52 minutes ago, wooster said:

I just saw the photo.  What does this imply?  Are they going to sell roller coaster track packs for $15.00?  

i hope so , a big possibility they will sell the supplemental round track roller coaster for 15 euro

probably they preparing for the next Roller Coaster set

If I red it correctly you only can get those rollercoaster parts pack at LEGOLAND? But I hope it implies we are also getting a rollercoaster in the Creator Expert theme. We know that we are getting one in the regular Creator theme. 
And that likewise with train sets, there are also going to be separate track parts sets. 

I assume the second D2C set alongside the Bugatti Chiron in May will be the big roller coaster [10261]. If the D2C rumored list for 2018 is legit the set will cost 320€. I'm really excited about it and hope to see some pictures soon! Day 1 purchase for me :)

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

9 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I assume the second D2C set alongside the Bugatti Chiron in May will be the big roller coaster [10261].

I have also read rumors that the second D2C could be an exclusive new jurassic park set. Hope this is wrong though and it does indeed turn out to be the roller coaster.

Over at zusammengebaut someone has insider information and posted a list of the D2C sets for this year in the comments. And he clearly states that the Creator Expert Rollercoaster will be release in June with VIP early release (on 16th) May.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Over at zusammengebaut someone has insider information and posted a list of the D2C sets for this year in the comments. And he clearly states that the Creator Expert Rollercoaster will be release in June with VIP early release (on 16th) May.

I so hope its the Rollercoaster!!!! Fingers crossed

12 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I have also read rumors that the second D2C could be an exclusive new jurassic park set. Hope this is wrong though and it does indeed turn out to be the roller coaster.

That's right. Such a set would also be welcome but I definitely prefer the roller coaster.

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

That's the list that I'm talking about. Till today all information of that list was legit and it first appeared in December 2017. So I have a good feeling.

I assume that the power functions are included not only ready for power functions. This set is a classic before it´s released! :D

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP