ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, Brick Lover said:

Yes, but 10256 is already annouced.

Oh yes, I forgot about the Taj Mahal. :hmpf:

Just now, Brick Lover said:

I saw somewhere that we will see a new Ferris Wheel for the Creator Expert lineup in 2018.

Really? How can that be? We only had one already in 2015. :wacko:

1 minute ago, Brick Lover said:

Interesting, I do wonder if he heard/read that rumor elsewhere or if someone had personally confided that to him.

From the link:

Another interesting thing that is somehow related to the LEGO Creator Roller Coaster is the rumor that LEGO has been working on a larger Advanced Model of the Ferris Wheel. Now, this may be a long shot given that we still have the newer LEGO Creator Ferris Wheel (10247) available in the market, particularly at shop.LEGO.com. However, looking at this box image, I couldn’t help but feel that LEGO might be giving hints on this, as it is fond of doing similar to the LEGO Star Wars set. Pay attention to the Ferris Wheel located at the top right corner of the box art.

Now if LEGO is indeed hinting at the possibility of this Ferris Wheel to happen, then it is expected to be grander in scale as compared to set 10247, and since the older Ferris Wheel might soon be retired at the end of 2018, it is possible for this rehash to happen. Personally, I would rather opt for a larger, D2C Advanced Model of the Roller Coaster, and give fans two options to choose from: a smaller, LEGO Creator Roller Coaster (31084) and a larger, more grandiose (as Brian puts it) direct-to-consumer LEGO Creator Expert Roller Coaster.

No, no, NO! We DO NOT need a new Ferris Wheel: there is still the 10247 in the catalog, so TLG, please come with something new! A big coaster would be great!!! But no new Ferris Wheel nor Carousel...

Hello guys, i have an idea. If TLG releases this little coaster in the Creator line, what about a bigger thing with one or more looping(s) in the Creator Expert line? New exclusive parts for the looping(s) + new chain to pull the wagons at the top of the ride, 1 meter long and half-meter tall... And a motor, not included of course! What do you think about that? Happy new year all!

Just now, sebitsena said:

Hello guys, i have an idea. If TLG releases this little coaster in the Creator line, what about a bigger thing with one or more looping(s) in the Creator Expert line? New exclusive parts for the looping(s) + new chain to pull the wagons at the top of the ride, 1 meter long and half-meter tall... And a motor, not included of course! What do you think about that? Happy new year all!

Well, one thing that's rather unfortunate about the new rollercoaster system is that the two parts that make up the steeper incline aren't designed as so to lengthen it with additional straight rollercoaster track, so it's a set length. Steeper inclines mean bigger rollercoasters, but with the system Lego has created, that simply can't be done. :sad:

So because of that, I don't understand why Lego made that incline two parts anyway. Perhaps it was for packaging's sake, I suppose? :def_shrug:

53 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, one thing that's rather unfortunate about the new rollercoaster system is that the two parts that make up the steeper incline aren't designed as so to lengthen it with additional straight rollercoaster track, so it's a set length. Steeper inclines mean bigger rollercoasters, but with the system Lego has created, that simply can't be done. :sad:

So because of that, I don't understand why Lego made that incline two parts anyway. Perhaps it was for packaging's sake, I suppose? :def_shrug:

they could make a piece that fits between the two pieces.

Edited by SollX

There’s a rumor that the next fairground set will be $300. If this is true, it’s quite disappointing as I liked the $200 price range. $300 is out of my budget unfortunately.

16 hours ago, SollX said:

they could make a piece that fits between the two pieces.

Right! LEGO need only one more part with specific attachment to put between the two large inclined coaster parts (on the right on this picture: Coaster tracks from Joker Manor). It is a matter a geometry and maths, the perfect job for Mike Psiaki ;)

Edited by sebitsena

Someone in the creator expert forum had the prices for the next creator expert sets. The 10263 will be a Winter Willage set (Brickset doesn't lie)

So after the Downtown Diner we have only 2 D2C sets to concider:

10261:  99.990Ft. converted ~ 320 € (coaster) - a bit expensive for me, but will see how it will look like

10262:  44.990Ft. converted ~ 145 € (car/train) - hoping for a train!

My budget is on the on the verge of bancrupcy. I will HAVE to buy the new Hogward Castle (300-400 €) and have already planned to spent exactly 790 € for some sets from 2016 and 17 that were on my wish list. Heh. I will have to skip the Big Ben and the Architecture Shanghai to "make room" in my budget for the roller coaster :(

And I haven't yet taken into account the 2 new UCS Star Wars sets...

Edited by ddavid

5 hours ago, BrickyBoy said:

So no new Town Plan?

I don’t think so. Every year we get a new vehicle and I’m guessing this will be the 10262.

This year we also should get a new addition to the fairground series - the rumored coaster. But maybe we get a town plan instead of it.

Lego could also think we got the idea of a town plan in the Assembly Square, but now I’m just speculating.

Edited by ddavid

36 minutes ago, ddavid said:

I don’t think so. Every year we get a new vehicle and I’m guessing this will be the 10262.

This year we also should get a new addition to the fairground series - the rumored coaster. But maybe we get a town plan instead of it.

Lego could also think we got the idea of a town plan in the Assembly Square, but now I’m just speculating.

Or the town plan will get a 6xxxx City number - still a few of those unallocated.

24 minutes ago, Grrr said:

Or the town plan will get a 6xxxx City number - still a few of those unallocated.

Yeah that's more likely, but than we will get something more basic like the 60097 City Square from 2016 or 60026 Town Square from 2013. Nothing with the quality of the creator expert series. City sets have to be easy to build for kids (target: 9-12). Because of that they are not as detailed and have more bigger parts that make up entire sections of the model.

Edited by ddavid

Now that we know that the Creator line offers us "only" the Pirates' Rollercoaster as a fairground set - if you want to, you can count the Fallingwater Show, too - and not a whole theme (like we firstly thought), so then there are still hopes for a Creator Expert fairground set this summer. Imo consequently very likely no rollercoaster.

I heard a rumour (so just take it at that) that there will be a bigger Creator Expert Roller Coaster this year with a retail of $399. That would make it a decent size and hopefully a decent incline track piece as well.

On 20/01/2018 at 1:01 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Now that we know that the Creator line offers us "only" the Pirates' Rollercoaster as a fairground set - if you want to, you can count the Fallingwater Show, too - and not a whole theme (like we firstly thought), so then there are still hopes for a Creator Expert fairground set this summer. Imo consequently very likely no rollercoaster.

I do hope you are wrong Klaus ^^

I still dream of a coaster built around a mountain or something with a looping!

Hopefully there will be a rollercoaster that has lift hill, inversions, station, lots of track and nothing else (no pirate theming, no mountain etc) so that the whole budget can go towards the coaster itself.

Any fairground set except a ferris wheel is fine for me. A coaster would be best. I'm confident that the new set won't be a ferris wheel because there's no market for such a product in Creator Expert line. Everybody interested in the fairground sets has already bought the current one. Why should anybody buy another one?

Zusammengebaut reports that at the Nuremberg Toy Fair there was a hint given which clearly leads to the conclusion that this year's Fairground set will be a rollercoaster.

Hopefully TLG this time includes some decent sized stalls (shooting gallery, candy stall etc.) - again only a ride would imo not completely satisfying!

I hope they go all the way with that rollercoaster. I would like to see the focus on the coaster itself and not to much on side stuff.

Edited by Kjellevirus

On 1/21/2018 at 6:27 AM, allanp said:

Hopefully there will be a rollercoaster that has lift hill, inversions, station, lots of track and nothing else (no pirate theming, no mountain etc) so that the whole budget can go towards the coaster itself.

If it is a $400 roller coaster, I sure hope most of the build is devoted to the tracks and the planks supporting them.  Other than the inclines and turns, I would not mind a loading area for the car, but that is it.  A classic amusement roller coaster would be great.  Just glad to hear that the pirate coaster is not "the" roller coaster we have been waiting for as the orientation of it reminds me of Joker Manor with just enough track to make a loop and have a small drop or two.