ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

For all those asking about stairs - a higher level (either for observation/stationary seats or, on the largest, another tier of moving animals) isn't at all uncommon on larger carousels.  Here's one in a mall near me: 341793262_2a35440e1a_b.jpg

2 hours ago, Kjellevirus said:

I really would love a rollercoaster creator expert set! That set would be huge! :wub:

Same here! It would be a great addition to all the other fairground sets. I guess the track pieces could be produced in medium blue

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Pertaining to another recently unveiled D2C set, this Brickset article thinks we may now know what the next potential fairground set will be, perhaps for next year! :classic:

Rollercoaster!

You would have to think so, lets hope they are white when released but would be happy with a range of colours.  I foresee a swathe of fairground layouts if the coaster becomes available.

I hope they do realease a roller coaster set. I’m excited for how they would do it , hopefully they give us a big drop element. Hopefully they don’t do roller coaster and some other ride which would end up giving us not as big of a roller coaster

The Joker Manor certainly suggests that a larger set with that type of track could certainly be in the works.  It seems like a lot of expensive molds just to have it be for that one set.  I would venture to say that a roller coaster is somewhere on the horizon.  Given the large size and amount of plastic in the tracks, it will probably be expensive.  

As much as I, and i'm sure most of us would as well, would love to see a Lego Rollercoaster I really doubt it will be the next fairground ride, however we may all be pleasantly surprised next year.

It depends how big Lego want to make the set (not in terms of piece count but actual physical space required for the set) as even the Fair Ground Mixer when set out was much different to standard base plate size.

None the less here's to hoping!

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Here you can find some information about 2018 sets... If you look at creator expert 2018 sets, you can see a 10261 roller coaster set! I hope it’s true :)

http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-sets-winter-2018/#

It is only a suggestion. There is a question mark. But with those new rollercoaster track elements there is a big chance we will get a set like that.

Edited by Kjellevirus

On 24.11.2017 at 3:46 PM, Kjellevirus said:

It is only a suggestion. There is a question mark. But with those new rollercoaster track elements there is a big chance we will get a set like that.

In this particular case it only shows that the name of the set is unknown, but it's known what the set is.

If they knew the contents and not the name, they would write it differently I think.

Some time ago the list of the Creator Expert numbers and their prices was published/leaked, so on the Modular Building thread one guessed that the modular would be 10260 from the size that the size could have been (linked to the price) ; the three last ones were also guessed that way there too, as it is expected they do a fairground, winter and vehicle set like they did previous years, but as far as I know there is no confirmation that they will make a rollercoaster set (even if we hope so, and it would be ridiculous not to do so, with these new rails).

39 minutes ago, antp said:

If they knew the contents and not the name, they would write it differently I think.

I would think same, but, for example, 41597 from brickheadz on that page has question marks too, yet some time after that page appeared some shops have added name "Selfie Brickheaz" for that set and it wasn't that easy to predict that. Same with JW sets, but with descriptions instead of pages in shops.

So a new roller coaster has been leaked for the creator theme. It looks like it’ll be in the 60-100 price point. Does this mean we won’t get a roller coaster this year? Kind of disappointing but I’m interested to see what they’ll do now...

The swing ride that has been teased in the background for every fairground set is a possibility...

19 hours ago, TheLazyChicken said:

So a new roller coaster has been leaked for the creator theme. It looks like it’ll be in the 60-100 price point. Does this mean we won’t get a roller coaster this year? Kind of disappointing but I’m interested to see what they’ll do now...

Likely, as I can't see them releasing two rollercoaster sets under roughly the same theme within the same year. 

I myself was rather flabbergasted to see such a set done for the traditional Creator theme, as I presumed that a Creator Expert one was simply inevitable for the Fairground subtheme. 

19 hours ago, TheLazyChicken said:

The swing ride that has been teased in the background for every fairground set is a possibility...

Maybe, and if so, would that make this pirate themed rollercoaster unofficially a part of the Creator Expert Fairground subtheme?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Likely, as I can't see them releasing two rollercoaster sets under roughly the same theme within the same year. 

I myself was rather flabbergasted to see such a set done for the traditional Creator theme, as I presumed that a Creator Expert one was simply inevitable for the Fairground subtheme. 

Maybe, and if so, would that make this pirate themed rollercoaster unofficially a part of the Creator Expert Fairground subtheme?

What leaks are we talking about? I can't follow... So will there be a rollercoaster or not? Pirate themed? Confused *huh*

Just now, BrickyBoy said:

What leaks are we talking about? I can't follow... So will there be a rollercoaster or not? Pirate themed? Confused *huh*

Well, apparently over on Instagram (not sure if that's exactly the leak's source), there's a catalog image of a three-in-one Creator set that Classic Pirate themed, utilizing the new Joker Manor rollercoaster track in Light Bluish Grey. It looks pretty large, perhaps priced at around $60-$80, and there are seeming homages to classic Pirate sets constructed into the coaster.

Just search under #legoleak on Instagram. :wink:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Thank you! Found everything in the Special Themes forum. Didn't think about that :blush: Should visit other forums more often! I really like the set, based on that one image. :pir-classic: Now how can I incorporate this in a city? Should make a whole amusent park I guess...

I bet that there won't be any Creator Expert Fairground set this year. Since Creator will get a whole fairground subtheme in summer, it'll for sure be like in 2016 when Friends got fairground sets and Creator Expert so didn't have one, too.

With 40 years of the minifigure and 60 years of the brick, a rumored very large Ninjago (Movie?) set, a possible Hogwarts Castle and some exclusive Star Wars stuff, I could even imagine TLG putting its work and money into those. Since I read somewhere that the number of DC2 sets per year is limited.

6 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I bet that there won't be any Creator Expert Fairground set this year. Since Creator will get a whole fairground subtheme in summer, it'll for sure be like in 2016 when Friends got fairground sets and Creator Expert so didn't have one, too.

With 40 years of the minifigure and 60 years of the brick, a rumored very large Ninjago (Movie?) set, a possible Hogwarts Castle and some exclusive Star Wars stuff, I could even imagine TLG putting its work and money into those. Since I read somewhere that the number of DC2 sets per year is limited.

And if Creator Expert don't have a Fairground set, it has a Landmark set... but I'm not sure about it because:

2010 Tower Bridge

2013 Sydney Opera House

2016 Big Ben

2019!

Just now, Brick Lover said:

And if Creator Expert don't have a Fairground set, it has a Landmark set... but I'm not sure about it because:

2010 Tower Bridge

2013 Sydney Opera House

2016 Big Ben

2019!

Well, if there won't be a Fairground set, then what could the other four rumored 2018 Creator Expert sets constitute? Because, according to this post back from October, there are suppose to be a total of five D2C sets for the theme next year. They are...

1. 10260 CREATOR Expert (a.k.a Downtown Diner)
  2. 10261 CREATOR Expert
  3. 10262 CREATOR Expert
  4. 10263 CREATOR Expert
  5. 10256 CREATOR Expert

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, if there won't be a Fairground set, then what could the other four rumored 2018 Creator Expert sets constitute? Because, according to this post back from October, there are suppose to be a total of five D2C sets for the theme next year. They are...

1. 10260 CREATOR Expert (a.k.a Downtown Diner)
  2. 10261 CREATOR Expert
  3. 10262 CREATOR Expert
  4. 10263 CREATOR Expert
  5. 10256 CREATOR Expert

Yes, but 10256 is already annouced. I saw somewhere that we will see a new Ferris Wheel for the Creator Expert lineup in 2018.