ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Remember the upcoming Echo 'Base' set was rumored to come out LAST year and it comes out in about 3-4 weeks. So maybe whatever rumors are true, but it will come out next year.

Yeah, who knows. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopes alive till there is a definite confirmation on one of the other.

I don't think we're getting one, my friends don't know anything about one and if they don't and we haven't heard about it already, it's probably not coming

It does seem atypical for LEGO to load a D2C vehicle, advanced model, and fairground set into one calendar year. I had assumed that 10252 would be the Fairground carousel, but with the new Beetle info, that throws things into question. I trust the information from my sources, but I question as to when this set will be released.

Good to see you on eurobricks. I lurk the GAF but am not registered there... I think your post there was the only info I read on the carousel, and if even you are doubtful now it seems unlikely for this year...

Edited by BlockLogo

Good to see you on eurobricks. I lurk the GAF but am not registered there... I think your post there was the only info I read on the carousel, and if even you are doubtful now it seems unlikely for this year...

Same. Seems like a nice community over there, and is the perfect one-stop go-to for news/updates/pics, and Ghostmind is a leading reason, but the requirement to give a non-free aka work email eh

Disappointing, in a sense, if we don't receive a new Carousel (or Fairground set at all) this year, but my wife and I will be really happy if we get another one at all aka 2017. Same about a UCS Falcon.

A real shame to hear. I really hoped for a new kind of theme that was compatible with the Modulars series... :look:

I also asked Lego about the new fairground sets, no reply yet... :/

It does seem atypical for LEGO to load a D2C vehicle, advanced model, and fairground set into one calendar year.

10242 - Mini Cooper MK VII Aug 2014 (US, Canada, UK)

10244 - Fairground Mixer June 2014 (US, Canada, UK)

10247 - Ferris Wheel June 2015

10248 - Ferrari F40 Aug 2015

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

April D2C set will be the Minecraft set, so the only chance left is the 18 May VIP acces set...

That will probably Big Ben, then Beetle, then Minifigures, then Death Star, then Snowspeeder (last 2 might be switched around)

April D2C set will be the Minecraft set, so the only chance left is the 18 May VIP acces set...

All I've read is "Released June 1st, May 18th for VIPs" for the Minecraft Village.

All I've read is "Released June 1st, May 18th for VIPs" for the Minecraft Village.

I'm pretty sure it will be april, but I also saw that some websites got it mixed up :S

ok. No D2C set for April ... no idea why though???

Creator Expert Brick Bank (January release) :thumbup:

Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ (January release) :sadnew:

Bat Cave (VIP mid February release) :thumbdown:

Star Wars Hoth Echo (April release) :thumbdown:

then comes Minecraft The Village (VIP mid May release) :thumbdown:

then comes Creator Expert Big Ben (VIP mid June release) :wub:

then comes Creator Expert Volkswagen Beetle (VIP mid July release) :wub:

then comes Disney Minifigures set (VIP mid August release) :excited:

then comes Star Wars Death Star (VIP mid September release) :thumbdown:

then comes Star Wars Snowspeeder (VIP mid October release) :thumbdown:

then comes Creator Expert Winter Village set (VIP mid November release) :sadnew:

... and that's it for the D2C sets in 2016.

three Star Wars D2C sets in one year ... something is VERY wrong with this!

Edited by Emmi

If Lego isn't going to be doing a roller coaster as a fairground set, then I'd be okay with them skipping a year or so. On a side note, looking at Emmi's list, any guesses as to when Big Ben should be revealed? Maybe about a month?

Edited by someguy827

If Lego isn't going to be doing a roller coaster as a fairground set, then I'd be okay with them skipping a year or so. On a side note, looking at Emmi's list, any guesses as to when Big Ben should be revealed? Maybe about a month?

Probably. The Village was just revealed, and it comes out a month before Big Ben.

The first half of May is now over. The last two years we did get the fairground set always in about the middle of May. If TLG would release another fairground set this year, I bet they'd have planned it for around the same time. But since we haven't heard anything yet .. doesn't look good. It would be a shame if TLG didn't release a FG set this year only because of the Friends line. Since apart from the small sets you can never use the Friends amusment park sets in a realistic, good looking, City compatible fairground layout! If not this year, I only hope that TLG did not decide to stop the FG theme at all since there are still so many amazing sets they could release - only look at the mass of excellent MOCs many members have built!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I'm fine with the fairground theme taking a year off - my wallet could use the break! Looks like that carousel is likely to turn up next summer, then. (If it's true that a carousel is coming.)