ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Has anyone heard if were getting another fairground set for 2016? The first 2, the Fairground Mixer and the Ferris Wheel were very nice sets and seemed like they were planning to do these annually.

Any rumors?

I have not heard anything for this. I could see them skipping a year, with the Friends line getting a whole bunch in the Summer anyways.

I wonder if they'll skip it because of the Big Ben set? Maybe they figure there are too many expensive Creator sets this year already? Wasn't it Sydney Opera House one year, followed by two years of fairground sets, and now this year Big Ben?

I wonder if they'll skip it because of the Big Ben set? Maybe they figure there are too many expensive Creator sets this year already? Wasn't it Sydney Opera House one year, followed by two years of fairground sets, and now this year Big Ben?

Big Ben is replacing SOH.

The 'Mixer' is being retired, and in its place... well, cue the organs!.

The 'Mixer' is being retired, and in its place... well, cue the organs!.

I assume that means merry-go-round? lol

will it be announced soon for a May release like the previous 2?

Edited by ncx

Sorry I must have been unclear. Of course Big Ben is replacing SOH, but what I mean is the new fairground set would probably have come out around the same time as Big Ben is coming out. Those giant landmark creators only seem to come out once every 3 years, so in those years they probably have to have one less expert creator set for sale. Plus we've also had the Ghostbusters HQ this year. Lego probably thought with those expensive sets this year, that they'd take a year off for the fairground. People only have so much money for these expensive sets. That's why I think if there's no fairground this year it's because Big Ben is coming out.

Why isn't Big Ben replacing the much older Tower Bridge?

Not to be picky but can we get back on topic?

I hope we get more fairground sets, even if they skip this year. I haven't bought the Mixer yet (I'm planning to get it in April with the Mr. Freeze polybag), but I'd really love to have a big fairground for my various Minifigures to come visit.

Well, I hope this is at least a hint for us that there actually will be a new fairground set this year!

I assume that means merry-go-round?

I'm hoping so. And it would even be the most logical one following the ferris wheel. Nevertheless I hope that it wouldn't be too big and that there would be some more additional stuff than in the Ferris Wheel included - I really would like to get a decent candy stall.

I hope we get more fairground sets, even if they skip this year.

I bet that either TLG decided to not release more fairground sets in the next years. Or they will release one this year. But skipping one year sounds implausible to me.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I came here to read about the new carousel that's rumored to replace the fairground mixer... Is there any conformation on this?

Organs? There's organs on carousels, right?

As far as i know. the only fairground thats coming is from Lego Friends. with rollercoaster some smaller stand and other sets like a hotdogstand.

I wonder where the rumor came from then...

Nesquik (user) who I'm quite certain only commented to stir up trouble.

Not only have no rumors pointed to more fairground sets, but, should the Big Ben rumor turn out to be true, it won't be there specifically to replace the Sydney Opera House. Sure, it might be the only Expert set without a box update, but that certainly doesn't mean it won't continue on after Big Ben releases. I mean look at the Ewok Villiage. That thing was thought to be doomed months ago, yet it's still around.

I specifically read that the Mixer is going OOP to be replaced with a new carousel, though, so there definitely is a rumor.

Edited by BlockLogo

It would be nice if we would see on the shelves a new fairground set this year. A model based on fungyup's idea would be great.

I'm sure they're skipping this year so that the Friends sets won't have to compete with the new fairground set. I'm curious how they'll make the roller coaster though...

There's been pictures of the roller coaster. It's pretty small, and on a loop of train tracks if I remember correctly.

I do remember last year, there was nothing known about the Ferris Wheel - except for a set number and name from some leak - until the designer video was published mere weeks before the release. I'm not ruling out a new fairground set this spring/summer yet.