Decided to try my hand at one of these for my next residence! I see Bardo as something of a frontier settlement (rough and ready sounding name!), so that's where this is.

24737734671_eb700f6c1f.jpg

Keep the pigs out!

24831212925_41d00406ff.jpg

24204379313_c8d715a2db.jpg

Also tried out Garmadon's base technique. Quite a parts monster!

24713338142_d0cd22f841.jpg

This was a pretty fun build! Comments are appreciated, and thanks for checking it out!

Lovely cabin, but it might be a tight squeeze for a family of four! :wink:

The log and chink technique is pretty good. Perhaps a smaller gap would look better but it would also be rather tricky to accomplish. The roof looks great too.

You really need some minifigs to bring some life to these small builds, and this family plus accessories does just that. (hint hint folks...)

Good work. :classic:

This was a pretty fun build!

This is also a pretty nice build.

And the minifig and minipig posing is really well done.

Excellent little house Kai, the wall technique is great, and the activity of family life going on fills out the scene quite well! pirate_wink.gif And yes, that border technique does use quite a lot of parts! pir_laugh2.gif

Nice cabin! I've been contemplating doing one but I have not been thrilled with my own attempts so far. I never would have thought about placing square bricks between the round ones but it turned out nicely....

Very nice cabin. I really like the smooth look of the roof, shows it is well maintained. :classic:

Captain Dee, I see a family of three. Plenty of space. pir_laugh2.gif

...Captain Dee, I see a family of three. Plenty of space. pir_laugh2.gif

Let's see now... one man + one woman + 2 boys = ?

By jove, you're right, Doc! That does add up to 3! :laugh::grin:

Shiver me timbers, I'd be off to be hanging by my toes for the accounting error. pirate_blush.gif

Thanks guys for all the comments!

Lovely cabin, but it might be a tight squeeze for a family of four! :wink:

The log and chink technique is pretty good. Perhaps a smaller gap would look better but it would also be rather tricky to accomplish. The roof looks great too.

You really need some minifigs to bring some life to these small builds, and this family plus accessories does just that. (hint hint folks...)

Good work. :classic:

Thanks! I was looking over some shots of log cabins and they really had pretty sizable chunks of white between logs! It would have been nice to do it horizontally with 2 plates but that was just totally impractical with the SNOT logs.

Yay! A nice log house! And the family choice is really original!! Great work!

Was that sarcasm? pirate_look.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

Nice cabin! I've been contemplating doing one but I have not been thrilled with my own attempts so far. I never would have thought about placing square bricks between the round ones but it turned out nicely....

Thanks Mike!

Very nice cabin. I really like the smooth look of the roof, shows it is well maintained. :classic:

Captain Dee, I see a family of three. Plenty of space. pir_laugh2.gif

Thanks Dr. Spock!

Aren't you forgetting someone? pirate_look.gif

Shiver me timbers, I'd be off to be hanging by my toes for the accounting error. pirate_blush.gif

Actually it's Captain Dee that should be hung. pirate_laugh2.gif

There's another minifigure just inside the cabin. She is visible! (I had a clear on shot but figured it was too repetitive.)

It's actually supposed to be the three children out front, the dad heading off to hunt, and the mom inside chopping carrots.

Thanks guys for all the comments!

Thanks! I was looking over some shots of log cabins and they really had pretty sizable chunks of white between logs! It would have been nice to do it horizontally with 2 plates but that was just totally impractical with the SNOT logs...

...There's another minifigure just inside the cabin. She is visible! (I had a clear on shot but figured it was too repetitive.)

It's actually supposed to be the three children out front, the dad heading off to hunt, and the mom inside chopping carrots.

About the cabin: I think the logs were positioned really close and the chink followed the curve of the wood to cover a wider area. But that would be hard to do with Lego. This looks pretty good.

I couldn't tell what was behind the carrot in the window with this tiny screen but I had to wonder.

Edited by Captain Dee

About the cabin: I think the logs were positioned really close and the chink followed the curve of the wood to cover a wider area. But that would be hard to do with Lego. This looks pretty good.

I couldn't tell what was behind the carrot in the window with this tiny screen but I had to wonder.

That sounds right about the real cabins. That definitely would be tricky unless you really upscaled!

A nice log house !

I like this wall design ! Good job !

Thanks Faladrin!

Great approach to the walls!

Thank you!