Kai NRG

To Hang or Not to Hang?

This build is located in Weelond.

"Get me down from here!" Sinbad roared. "I tell you it ain't my fault, it's the fault of that no-good accountant! I always pay all my bills!"

24193515643_ae3b5d8a5e.jpg

"Yep, that sounds like what my brother used to say when they slung him up by his toes across a line between palm trees!"

24702514032_161ac20a9b.jpg

"But it's true! Get me down!"

"If you want down, you'll have to get it yourself!"

"Then I will!" Sinbad back-flipped off the rope and landed on top of the nearest sailor, sending him flying into the water. Quick as thought, he turned and grabbed the sword from the other sailor. "Arrr!" he shouted, "No one hangs Sinbad the Sea Rat!"

The sailors turned and ran, but Guy's Uncle stood firm.

24820346225_ddcc31dc15.jpg

"Some Eslandians you are! Get back here and wallop him!" the tough old man bellowed, fending off Sinbad's attack with his heavy cane.

The sailors turned and hesitantly came forward.

"Discretion is the better part of valor," Sinbad muttered, and ran off in the other direction.

Guy's Uncle stayed back, shaking his stick and roundly abusing everyone within earshot.

---

Looks like BlackdeathGr was right. Stern old Uncle was up to no good! :pir-grin:

But he has one more to hang... and this one might be a little harder to get a hold of!

As you see, when I said that if you went in the red you would be hung by your toes from a palm tree...

I wasn't kidding.

Tried out some white sand for the first time. C&C welcome! Thanks for looking!

Hey! Seems Uncle is letting some steam off by hanging people from ropes! pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif Nice little MOC full of action! Regarding white sand, i was looking at your MOC and couldn't make out whether the sand was white or i had bad lighting around me and tan looked as if it was white pir_laugh2.gif

Then i realized it was indeed white and thought, "Oh, what the hell, Xmas didnt pass that long ago!" pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

Brilliantly amusing build, Kai - I will definitely keep an eye on my own books for the coming months! pirate_laugh2.gif

I suppose white is actually the closest colour to many RL beaches, but our customs with lego dictate that white is either snow or whitewashed walls, so it takes two looks to acknowledge it as sand pirate_tong.gif Plus, it seems rather cold in this pic - maybe turn up the temperature of the colours would help make it look more sandy?

Fun build! I'm working on a build that might be relevant: a law office. Sinbad needs representation. But Guy's uncle looks like a tough legal adversary.pirate_wink.gif

Fun little build and quite the Kai moc I always like so much!

Indeed! You've your own style, and this is an exellent example of IT! Great job!

The white beach looks fantastic. More people should give this a try, some nice inspiration indeed.

I really like the minifig posing as well.

White sand is a great idea, and your trees and minifigs look nice. The story is good too...

But I also think the cool lighting and blue background make the setting look a bit chilly. Perhaps a vibrant background color like orange or yellow, and a bit stronger lighting, would give it a more tropical feel.

I like the water and the decorated base - the black is a nice contrast to the white. Good work. :classic:

Haha, this seems related to a question I asked about going into the red. Good vignette. We'll all have to be careful with BoBS game questions. :laugh:

Hey! Seems Uncle is letting some steam off by hanging people from ropes! pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif Nice little MOC full of action! Regarding white sand, i was looking at your MOC and couldn't make out whether the sand was white or i had bad lighting around me and tan looked as if it was white pir_laugh2.gif

Then i realized it was indeed white and thought, "Oh, what the hell, Xmas didnt pass that long ago!" pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks!

Brilliantly amusing build, Kai - I will definitely keep an eye on my own books for the coming months! pirate_laugh2.gif

I suppose white is actually the closest colour to many RL beaches, but our customs with lego dictate that white is either snow or whitewashed walls, so it takes two looks to acknowledge it as sand pirate_tong.gif Plus, it seems rather cold in this pic - maybe turn up the temperature of the colours would help make it look more sandy?

You'd better! pirate_laugh2.gif

That's a good point about the temperature of the picture... will keep that in mind should I ever do white sand again!

Fun build! I'm working on a build that might be relevant: a law office. Sinbad needs representation. But Guy's uncle looks like a tough legal adversary.pirate_wink.gif

He's a tough adversary no matter how you look at it! pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks!

The white beach looks fantastic. More people should give this a try, some nice inspiration indeed.

I really like the minifig posing as well.

Thank you!

White sand is a great idea, and your trees and minifigs look nice. The story is good too...

But I also think the cool lighting and blue background make the setting look a bit chilly. Perhaps a vibrant background color like orange or yellow, and a bit stronger lighting, would give it a more tropical feel.

I like the water and the decorated base - the black is a nice contrast to the white. Good work. :classic:

Thanks! And now I'm gonna have to get a sheet of orange paper... pirate_laugh2.gif

Haha, this seems related to a question I asked about going into the red. Good vignette. We'll all have to be careful with BoBS game questions. :laugh:

Indeed it is! Thanks!

This is fine and fun. Yet, I'd plead to move back to tan or even yellow sand. I was thinking of a beach of salt when I first saw this pirate_laugh2.gif

Don't worry, the next hanging scene has the traditional tan sand!

Thank you!