MacKaiwer

[MOC] Alternative build for set 42039 - Starfighter

Hello again! This time I wanted to make something new from set 42039 and here is the result, Starfighter. It's a attack type plane for the battles in outer space.

Parts are only from set 42039 and this time it has no wheels :wink:

SF3.jpg

It has two laser guns besides the cockpit and two head lights to light darkness:

SF1.jpg

Effective delta wing design:

SF5.jpg

Openable cockpit doors for easier access:

SF4.jpg

Two rotating rocket motor for flying (operated by turning front nosecone):

SF2.jpg

SF7.jpg

Under belly shot; openable bomb/missile bay (check video) and landing gears:

SF8.jpg

SF9.jpg

Springs/shocks are just for support and looks:

SF2.jpg

Little video showing functions:

Thank you for watching, comments and critics are most welcome :sweet:

SF10.jpg

PS. After one sleepless night it was already built and flying on the walls :laugh:

Very nice, I am really getting impressed about all of the MOCS from just this one set (and remember how everyone knocked the design when the final images were first posted). Looks like what an authentic space fighter would look like, and good details.

Cool :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nice, I am really getting impressed about all of the MOCS from just this one set (and remember how everyone knocked the design when the final images were first posted). Looks like what an authentic space fighter would look like, and good details.

Thanks guys, it was quite a fun and laughs to build it :grin:

What would a space fighter need wings and a tailplane rudder for?

I dunno, but maybe for the looks and when it enters some planets athmosphere it would be kind of nice to be able to steer :grin:

Edited by MacKaiwer

I was going to say the exact same thing. This set has no appeal to me but it's fun to see the alternate builds people are making with it.

This Starfighter is very good looking and makes me realize this set isn't as bad as I thought it was.

I was going to say the exact same thing. This set has no appeal to me but it's fun to see the alternate builds people are making with it.

This Starfighter is very good looking and makes me realize this set isn't as bad as I thought it was.

Thank you for your kind words, they mean lot to me :thumbup: You are very skillful builder and I appreciate your words, makes me think that I maybe can do something right too :wink:

Looks really good. Makes a nice change to see something different.

My dear friend grum, thanks, it was my purpose to try to do something different :classic:

:thumbup: good idea! I like that it's not a car!

I liked that idea too and I kind of fancy all flying things :sweet:

Good job!

Many thanks to you too :thumbup:

Thank you for your kind words, they mean lot to me :thumbup: You are very skillful builder and I appreciate your words, makes me think that I maybe can do something right too :wink:

:blush: Thank you, I wasn't expecting such a nice compliment. I think my skills have a lot of room for improvement but I'm glad my feedback had a good effect. Good builds like this one deserve recognition.

i like the cars dokludi makes, but something different is also welcome. i think about buying it as well, you can apparently do lots of things with it