I'm adding a controller configurator, so with that the swapped trigger issue can be solved. I was abroad this week so it's not finished yet.

Hello!

First of all - fantastic job! Huge, huge thanks!

I tested your app yesterday on my LG G2 + very simple Defender gamepad (10$). It works good.

I have only one proposal: to make an option to choose voltage which is transmitted on Sbrick channel.

For instance: when you push A button on your gamepad, M-motor (which is mounted on same channel) will recive 30% of voltage, so it will constantly provide ~114 rpm without using downshift by gears. Sometimes we need rather low torque and rather low rotation speed, for example: steering. So you can make few standart options: 20%-33%-50%-66%-100%.

thank you one more time!

Will be glad to explain further, if necessary.

Hello!

First of all - fantastic job! Huge, huge thanks!

I tested your app yesterday on my LG G2 + very simple Defender gamepad (10$). It works good.

I have only one proposal: to make an option to choose voltage which is transmitted on Sbrick channel.

For instance: when you push A button on your gamepad, M-motor (which is mounted on same channel) will recive 30% of voltage, so it will constantly provide ~114 rpm without using downshift by gears. Sometimes we need rather low torque and rather low rotation speed, for example: steering. So you can make few standart options: 20%-33%-50%-66%-100%.

thank you one more time!

Will be glad to explain further, if necessary.

Hi februar88,

It's a good idea and will be part of the next release ;)

Hi februar88,

It's a good idea and will be part of the next release ;)

I Will wait for it with impatient. Really need this feature for my project to compete on next tournament (april 2-3).

Hi,

SBrickcontroller 0.6 is available for downloading and testing:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4786711/sbrickcontroller.apk

New features:

- Swap triggers option available in the application settings from the main screen's action bar menu.

- Max output can be set on controller actions independently.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Happy playing! :)

Hi, very real applicattion.

Swap triggers option - is super function.

Max output - for all buttons + joystick - very

% power - very impotant functional.

All work is correct (Vega Explay + Mad Catz C.T.R.L.R.)

If (in next version) add function of the variable output a signal (vehicle turn signals: ON - pause OFF pause and set pause in sec): can not say how it would be cool.

Big thanks for your fantastic job.

Edited by _Atrus_

imurvai

Tested the 0.6 version:

- The trigger still wrong swapped for me (Moga Pro...maybe is something related to the controller)

- With this version now i have again the issue with disconnect after 3 minutes of playing. go back and load the profile again fix it for another 3 minutes.

Nice feature about manage the power output.....still don't tested.

Thanks!!

If (in next version) add function of the variable output a signal (vehicle turn signals: ON - pause OFF pause and set pause in sec): can not say how it would be cool.

Hi Atrus,

I'm glad that you like the app :) But I'm affraid I don't really understand your feature request. Would you like to have a timed on-off option?

- The trigger still wrong swapped for me (Moga Pro...maybe is something related to the controller)

- With this version now i have again the issue with disconnect after 3 minutes of playing. go back and load the profile again fix it for another 3 minutes.

Hi,

Have you tried the swap triggers option in the Settings? It should swap them during runtime.

And also I'm gonna check the disconnect issue on the weekend. Until then I'm abroad again. It's strange however, I didn't change the relating code, but definitely will look into that...

Hi, am a hobby Android developer. If I can help with app?

Hi,

I'm also just a hobby Android developer :) Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I need help. However I'm not planning making the app any more complex :)

BTW you can pull the source from github: https://github.com/imurvai/sbrickcontroller

Hi Atrus,

I'm glad that you like the app :) But I'm affraid I don't really understand your feature request. Would you like to have a timed on-off option?

I would like to say that the "pulse signal" needed for some MOC. I understand that Sbrik not able to do it automatically.

I mean this: it is possible to realize a pulsed mode version of the software from the application?

I would suggest setting flashing frequency (in seconds).

Without this, such an implementation is possible only :-(

Edited by _Atrus_

@imurvai

Yea! sorry....i forgot to check in the settings the swap option.

I do more test about the disconnect issue.....and found that the problem is the trigger, if i go to full throtle with the triggers i don't have the disconnection....but if i press the trigger at 50% a couple of times and play like that..... i have the disconnect (i replicate severals times with the same behavior)......hope this help.

Many Thanks!!!

That's happened to me as well and I posted about it earlier in the thread. It's a really difficult issue to fix though, so I'm not holding it against Imurvai. I'll just make do with the shoulder buttons for now.

New function works good. I bought another cheap Defender gamepad (7$) with sticks. Amazing stability and functionality.

Totally better then Vengit's app. Now i think our community have to advertise your app as much as we can.

Few words about Atrus's proposal, i think i caught it.

Look, you have "toggle" option for example on Start button and it perfectly fits with PF lights (8870). So the idea is to make another "frequency toggle mode".

Using this option, app will provide voltage on a channel every X (for example 2) sec for Y (for example 1) sec. So 1 sec - provide, then 2 sec does not provide, then 1 sec provide etc.

It will be fantastic option for police car's flasher as an example.

Edited by februar88

I would like to say that the "pulse signal" needed for some MOC. I understand that Sbrik not able to do it automatically.

I mean this: it is possible to realize a pulsed mode version of the software from the application?

I would suggest setting flashing frequency (in seconds).

Without this, such an implementation is possible only :-(

Ok, I got it now :) I'm gonna think about how I can add this functionality.

I do more test about the disconnect issue.....and found that the problem is the trigger, if i go to full throtle with the triggers i don't have the disconnection....but if i press the trigger at 50% a couple of times and play like that..... i have the disconnect (i replicate severals times with the same behavior)......hope this help.

Yes, it definitely helped me narrow down where the issue could be. Thanks.

Tested the 0.6 version:

Hi Denis,

I managed to reproduce the issue you mentioned. For me it happened when my SBrick went out the bluetooth range of my phone. It means there was ~5-6 meters and a wall between them. Can you confirm that the disconnect happens in such cases?

I also did a stress test with my controller but with it I didn't manage to repro the disconnection. Anyway I'm gonna do more stress and out-of-range tests and fix the app ;)

Hi, imurvai!

Excellent progress you has here! I am delighted with how the application works. It's just a fantastic difference between it and the official app.

But I have a small problem. Previously, I used Samsung Galaxy S3, and there were no issues, everything worked steadily. Now, I tried to run the application on the Sony Xperia Z Ultra with Android 5.1.1 and bluetootn v4.0, and have some problem. When you run any profile the app connects to sbricks, but when you press any button or stick, one or both sbricks lose connection and connect again after few seconds. This occurs every 4-5 seconds. What could be wrong with this phone?

Regards, Alex

Hi, imurvai!

Excellent progress you has here! I am delighted with how the application works. It's just a fantastic difference between it and the official app.

But I have a small problem. Previously, I used Samsung Galaxy S3, and there were no issues, everything worked steadily. Now, I tried to run the application on the Sony Xperia Z Ultra with Android 5.1.1 and bluetootn v4.0, and have some problem. When you run any profile the app connects to sbricks, but when you press any button or stick, one or both sbricks lose connection and connect again after few seconds. This occurs every 4-5 seconds. What could be wrong with this phone?

Regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

To be honest I don't know exactly what might cause the issue, but as I searched for your phone I found that there are quite a few topics mentioning bluetooth connection issues on Android 5.1.1. Since I don't have such a phone I can't really debug the app in this regard, but I'll try to find a solution online.

@imurvai

Testing, the disconnect is produced at 1 meter or 10 meteres with no object in the middle, the issue is the trigger...if i go full throttle with the trigger i don't have any disconnection......Also i test in an open place (always full throttle with the triggers) and the range is very good without disconnection. MAybe is an issue with the triggers related to Moga Pro.

@imurvai

Testing, the disconnect is produced at 1 meter or 10 meteres with no object in the middle, the issue is the trigger...if i go full throttle with the trigger i don't have any disconnection......Also i test in an open place (always full throttle with the triggers) and the range is very good without disconnection. MAybe is an issue with the triggers related to Moga Pro.

I might have had the same issue (with a Moga Pro). I'm not sure, I'll check it (hopefully) later today.

Hi, imurvai !

I adeded second Sbrick:

In Manage Sbricks - find two modules and test sliders work correct for all 4 ports for both modules.

If i create Profile for one Sbrick - all work is correct.

When i using in profile - two modules, when i start profile:

After the display the message "Connecting to SBrick(s)" , nothing happens. Profile not started. Message remains on the screen. If I change profile and leave only one Sbrick, everything works correctly again.

Hi Alex,

To be honest I don't know exactly what might cause the issue, but as I searched for your phone I found that there are quite a few topics mentioning bluetooth connection issues on Android 5.1.1. Since I don't have such a phone I can't really debug the app in this regard, but I'll try to find a solution online.

I'll try to find out what is wrong with bluetooth in this version. In the worst case, I just put the 6.0 version.

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Hi Denis,

I'm not sure if it's the problem of your controller, I'll try to find the bug in my app...

When i using in profile - two modules, when i start profile:

After the display the message "Connecting to SBrick(s)" , nothing happens. Profile not started. Message remains on the screen. If I change profile and leave only one Sbrick, everything works correctly again.

Hi Atrus,

Ok, it's time for me to get a second SBrick :) So far I've only tested the multiple SBrick option with my software simulator.

I'll try to find out what is wrong with bluetooth in this version. In the worst case, I just put the 6.0 version.

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Hi Alex,

Ok, please let me know if it helps.

Hi!

cool idea!

a have some quastions:

i have sone experia m2 dual with 5.1.1 android,and if i buy gamepad for PC(like a defender game racer wireless gamepad)

,can i control my sbrick?

Hi!

cool idea!

a have some quastions:

i have sone experia m2 dual with 5.1.1 android,and if i buy gamepad for PC(like a defender game racer wireless gamepad)

,can i control my sbrick?

yes, you can. M2 supports OTG. So you can use any USB gamepad. Now i use Defender Omega - very simple, cheap, but it have sticks and works fine. If you are not going to play PC games and want to buy it only for lego - it's a rather nice choise.