Thank-you for your reply to my questions.

I've been through the set-up process with the sbricks' official software and was able to 'test' via my phone, with all working OK. (I haven't downloaded a profile yet)

I guess my question was too vague, Should I remove the first download in my phone from your code above? And then re-scan the code again?(for the updated version of your app?)

I'm wanting to use your app to control my LEGO creations as the sbrick official software is still having issues for Android phones. :angry: Some people have reported that they can't drive and steer at the same time. :wacko:

I plan to use your app during an up and coming Brickworld show nearby, using this method instead of the LEGO ir system.

Thank-you for your reply to my questions.

I've been through the set-up process with the sbricks' official software and was able to 'test' via my phone, with all working OK. (I haven't downloaded a profile yet)

I guess my question was too vague, Should I remove the first download in my phone from your code above? And then re-scan the code again?(for the updated version of your app?)

I'm wanting to use your app to control my LEGO creations as the sbrick official software is still having issues for Android phones. :angry: Some people have reported that they can't drive and steer at the same time. :wacko:

I plan to use your app during an up and coming Brickworld show nearby, using this method instead of the LEGO ir system.

Hi,

Yes, it's safer to uninstall the old one before installing the new and you need to rescan for SBricks.

Hi imurvai!

I just test the 0.3 version:

- Now the disconnect-connect-disconnect is gone.

- Playing about 2 min i get a permanent disconnect. I have to reload the profile again and works again for another 2 min or 3 min.

- There is a Lag/Delay in control (like the previous version of the official sbrick app)

- Please add the possibility to asign 2 channels to the same Pad. Example: C channel to the vertical Right Pad (not inverted) and D Channel to the vertical Right Pad (inverted).....This will be fantastic!!! i have 2 MOC i need that feature.

- Also will be fantastic if i can asign Right trigger to one direction movement to the motor (with the previous 2 Channel feature). For example: Forward acceleration. And the Left Trigger for reverse acceleration. This to simulate the controls of cars games :)

It's impressive that you in couple of weeks you've accomplished this app....and the official sbrick team have take + 1 year to bring a semi-working app. They should hire you to lead the android app!!! (not a joke!!)

Many Thanks!!!!

Edited by DHR

Hi Denis,

It's good to hear that the disco-connect bug has gone :)

- For the permanent disconnect after a couple of minutes play: I need to investigate it, I haven't experienced such an issue. Did the app pop up the dialog with the reconnect message?

- For the lag: I'm afraid I can't really do anything about it. It is the nature of the Android BT stack, SBrick and PF protocol.

- I'm planning to add the multiple channel assignment you requested along with other (hopefully) useful features but first I'd like to sort out the stability issues.

- For the trigger thing: you can do that but only with one channel at the moment. So assign the same channel to both the triggers with different invert settings and go. I've tried it, works great :)

The SBrick team has been doing a great job BTW. I'm sure they have to deal with many things at the same time, for me it's only this app :)

Thanks for the response!

- For the permanent disconnect i don't see any dialog with the reconnect message......just stop working. Reload the profile and all work perfect again

- For the lag, is the same lag than the previous version of the sbrick app....with the last update they fix it... maybe they tweak some parameters. Tha lag don't happens always btw.

- Great about the multichannel assignment. Also will be awesome to add the multichannel to one triggers (2 Channels, one inverted the other normal to Right Trigger using one direction).

Thanks a lot !!!

Edited by DHR

Hi Denis,

I published a new build (0.4). Pleaae test if the disconnect issue has gone. Also Please check the controller lag.

Br

Hi imurvai!

I don't know what you do, but now the permanent disconnect don't happens and the lag is gone. if you ask me, the response is better that the sbrick official app. Great Job! I still believe sbrick team should hire you....they take about 1 year to reduce the lag, you fix it in a couple of days.

A few little things:

- The port tester (in the sbrick manager) have B Channler and C Channel swapped. When i test the B Channel, the engine in my C Channel start to move.

- The Left Trigger and Right Trigger is also swapped, when you define the Right Trigger works in the Left Trigger.

I'm waiting for the multichannerl feature on pads and triggers.....and also the ones you mentioned :)

Thanks!!!

Amazing app!!

PS: Today night i will travel for a week, so i can test again on Feb, 23.

Don't be alarmed Imurvai, but if I could kiss you right now I think I would!

I've not had a chance to give it a proper test, but from playing around I noticed that anything that was assigned to the trigger buttons on my iPega 9028 (HTC One M7, Android 5.0.2) wouldn't scale proportionally most of the time, if at all. Gradually applying pressure to the trigger would leave the motor in a stuck state as if it had stalled, complete with that annoying "startup" whine, only to correct itself if the trigger was let go and then fully depressed. The lights were either fully on or off on the triggers. I'm guessing it isn't anything to do with the PF because when I assigned the same motors/lights to the joysticks the proportional control worked flawlessly.

But that's the only issue I've encountered so far - hopefully I'll get a chance to give it the app more thorough test (more functions, playtime, range) this weekend.

Again, I don't think I can put into works how grateful I am for the hard work you've put into this. :thumbup:

Hi,

It's good to hear that the app is mostly working :)

To be honest I had difficulties with the triggers. The action items are not working as they are mentioned in the google documents so the current implementation is kind of experimental. I'm gonna test it with other phones and hopefully with other controllers soon to sort out the issue.

And in the meantime I'm working on adding new features as well. One of them is the multiple port assignment on a single controller action which was requested by Denis. The other one is to select more than one profile to play with and during playing the user can easily switch between them.

Is there any chance of assigning a switch-like feature to one of the ports (i.e. single press for on/off, so no need to hold the button down)? Again it's not a big deal and if I've missed this function on the app already then I apologize.

I used the app for ~20 minutes last night and while establishing a connection after modifying the profile did take progressively longer (~15 seconds at 20 minutes) I didn't experience any disconnection issues or lag when it came to using the profile/controller.

Is there any chance of assigning a switch-like feature to one of the ports (i.e. single press for on/off, so no need to hold the button down)? Again it's not a big deal and if I've missed this function on the app already then I apologize.

I used the app for ~20 minutes last night and while establishing a connection after modifying the profile did take progressively longer (~15 seconds at 20 minutes) I didn't experience any disconnection issues or lag when it came to using the profile/controller.

Hi Jay,

The toggle switch feature will be added to the next test release. It was a very good idea! I just implemented it and works great with turning on-off lights eg.

I also experience slow connection sometimes, I don't know what it depends on.

Hi,

SBrickController 0.5 can now be downloaded for testing:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4786711/sbrickcontroller.apk

New features:

- Multiple SBrick ports can be assigned to a single controller action.

- Multiple controller profiles can be selected for playing. User can switch between them during playing.

- Toggle button option for simple buttons (not for direction buttons and joysticks).

- Some UI improvement.

What is left:

- The weird trigger behavior is still under investigation.

Bug reports and suggestions for further improvements are still welcome :)

Happy playing!

Hi imurvai !!

I just test the 0.5 version of the app and the multichannel works perfect. Now i can finally enjoy the sbrick.

The only things i found is the swapped channels and trigger, just like i say before....but i can play with those tinny issues.

I can test the triggers when gradually applying pressure if is needed with my Moga Pro.

Any improvement will make this amazing app more perfect

THANKS!!!

Hi,

It's good to read that things are working OK :)

For the swapped triggers the only solution could be adding a controller configurator since it seems that the controller handling is not consistent on the android platform. I already started adding it but I'm travelling on this week.

Hi,

I tried to use it with my MOGA pocket but it doesnt seem to work. The port tester in the app does though.

I think its because its sort of a closed system controller

Hi,

I tried to use it with my MOGA pocket but it doesnt seem to work. The port tester in the app does though.

I think its because its sort of a closed system controller

Hi Kendo12,

Could you try your controller with this app for example:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catalyst06.gamecontrollerverifier

It tests if your controller is working with Android devices.

@Kendo12

You can try this steps:

1) Put the Moga in the "B" mode (HID)

2) Enable BT. In the phone go to BT option and connect the Moga HID (don't use the app included with the Controller). You should see the Moga connected

3) Enter SbrickController app and setup the sbrick and profile

Edited by DHR

Today, I've tried this app for the first time and it worked pretty well. I wanted to use a trigger as the drive-forward button but that didn't work.

That's probably not your fault though. There's this annoying thing with the originial MOGA Pro where the triggers almost always don't work in HID mode. Not on my phone and not on my PC.

I believe I encountered 1 program on my PC where they did work in HID mode, but I'm not sure (long time ago) and that would've probably been custom-made, the triggers don't seem to work natively.

Ah well, it's an 'old' controller already (I mean, it's the originial MOGA Pro, its webpage doesn't even exist anymore) and the other buttons work perfectly.

Nice work! :classic:

Btw, any chances you'll put this on the Play Store, or do you keep it as a seperate .apk?

Today, I've tried this app for the first time and it worked pretty well. I wanted to use a trigger as the drive-forward button but that didn't work.

That's probably not your fault though. There's this annoying thing with the originial MOGA Pro where the triggers almost always don't work in HID mode. Not on my phone and not on my PC.

I believe I encountered 1 program on my PC where they did work in HID mode, but I'm not sure (long time ago) and that would've probably been custom-made, the triggers don't seem to work natively.

Ah well, it's an 'old' controller already (I mean, it's the originial MOGA Pro, its webpage doesn't even exist anymore) and the other buttons work perfectly.

Nice work! :classic:

Btw, any chances you'll put this on the Play Store, or do you keep it as a seperate .apk?

Hi,

Yes, I'm planning to put it on the store, I just want to make sure it's running OK.

@Kendo12

You can try this steps:

1) Put the Moga in the "B" mode (HID)

2) Enable BT. In the phone go to BT option and connect the Moga HID (don't use the app included with the Controller). You should see the Moga connected

3) Enter SbrickController app and setup the sbrick and profile

Ah, the MOGA pocket does not have a B mode :(

So how noticeable is the lag, say compared to the sbrick app?

I might get a different controller

@legolijntje

I'm using both triggers with the Moga Pro (Left trigger to reverse and Right Trigger to accelerate). The issue with triggers is there are swapped in the profile. Left trigger is Right trigger and visceversa... maybe you test with the wrong trigger (happens to me the first time),

@kendo12

To bad that Moga Pocket don't have HID mode.

The lag is less noticeable with this app....in the sbrick app i noticed a bit. Also the feeling to control a car with a joystick is way better than touch a flat and soft screen, specially with fast cars. I'm playing with a fast buggy (2 L motors for acceleration and light weight) and is a lot of fun!!

hehe yea I bet it does feel better. I might get imurvai's controller. Is there any other one that really stands out? Nothing too expensive, maybe more buttons or something.

@legolijntje

I'm using both triggers with the Moga Pro (Left trigger to reverse and Right Trigger to accelerate). The issue with triggers is there are swapped in the profile. Left trigger is Right trigger and visceversa... maybe you test with the wrong trigger (happens to me the first time),

Wow, you're right! That's interesting. That makes it one of the very few applications that works with the triggers in HID mode. That makes me actually wonder why all those other applications didn't work... Maybe they did, but also with swapped triggers and I never noticed that. Ah well, that's off-topic :tongue:

Thanks for the tip :classic: