On 11/5/2018 at 9:52 PM, imurvai said:

Hi,
I managed to reproduce the issue and the fix is on its way. The app should be updated automatically when it goes through the Play Store review process...

Some teaser for the iOS version:

I'm really hyped by the upcoming iOS version. :wink:
I hope it will arrive soon, even if I know that it's quite hard to publish an app on iOS. 

Tank you for your dedication in improving this app. I really appreciate your effort and contribution to the Lego community. Keep up the amazing work!

I've just had a go configuring again the app for my models, since I had uninstalled it to install it from the Play Store (is there a way to save, load and transfer profiles?), and trying running it simultaneously with my action camera app (to have a live view from FExplorer). I must say the new logarithmic behaviour is a godsend for the dreadful dead zones on the analogue sticks of these cheap Chinese gamepads, thank you very much for that! :sweet:

Now that I bought a telescopic gamepad, I tried using my tablet (NVIDIA Shield K1, with Android 7.0) with BC2, and curiously I'm unable to find any SBricks or PUp hubs with it. This is strange because it can find the SBrick in the the official SBrick app and in the old SBrickController (but also not in BC1), and my LG V20, which runs the same version of Android, works without problems.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the app.
I'm gonna try to figure out what the issue might be with the Shield...

Finally had the time to test new BC2.

Love the feature to change buwizz speed mode inside (don't think 1st version had it, may be I just didn't find it then). Fully supports PS4 controllers with no probs.

Also noticed when you select buwizz and then allocate outputs to joystick actions - I had the 1st and 2nd buwizz ports swapped and same for 3rd and 4th (position on the image was correct, but in reality the ports were swapped for some reason). Double checked it . May be I just did something wrong. However that is a minor inconvenience.

Would definitely rate 5/5:thumbup:, but there is no rate button in play market for me. Is it beacuse it's in beta stage?

Edited by gate

On 11/9/2018 at 6:24 PM, gate said:

Finally had the time to test new BC2.

Love the feature to change buwizz speed mode inside (don't think 1st version had it, may be I just didn't find it then). Fully supports PS4 controllers with no probs.

Also noticed when you select buwizz and then allocate outputs to joystick actions - I had the 1st and 2nd buwizz ports swapped and same for 3rd and 4th (position on the image was correct, but in reality the ports were swapped for some reason). Double checked it . May be I just did something wrong. However that is a minor inconvenience.

Would definitely rate 5/5:thumbup:, but there is no rate button in play market for me. Is it beacuse it's in beta stage?

Hi! No BC1 didn't have the live output level setting. Do you have BuWizz 1 or 2? For BW1 the are ok for me. Unfortunately I don't have any BW2 so I can't test that. If you confirm that the port swaping only affects BW2 then I'll fix it in the next release. Rating is disabled most probably because it's still in beta, but I'll release it as final very soon :)

11 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi! No BC1 didn't have the live output level setting. Do you have BuWizz 1 or 2? For BW1 the are ok for me. Unfortunately I don't have any BW2 so I can't test that. If you confirm that the port swaping only affects BW2 then I'll fix it in the next release. Rating is disabled most probably because it's still in beta, but I'll release it as final very soon :)

Unfotrunately, I only have Buwizz 2.0. So can't confirm the difference between them;( Not a big problem though, since you can test the outputs while assigning.

ok worked out how to connect everything and for me all works perfectly with sBrick and BuWizz ,very happy as steering with game pad is so much easier and more accurate

Hi,

BrickController2 0.71 has just been released on the Google Play Store for testing:
- Improved device scan (hopefully it'll find the bluetooth devices on nVidia Shield)
- Attempt to fix the BuWizz 2 output layout.

Also I'm looking for volunteers to test the iOS version. So if you would like to take part in the testing please PM me with your email address and first and last name info.

Happy playing! :)

Hi Imurvai, thanks so much for this great app, I have set it up to control my excavator and it works perfectly.

Do you have a set of instructions for the app, I just noticed the alternating and pingpong options and was wondering what they were for.

11 hours ago, Oldlegonerd said:

Hi Imurvai, thanks so much for this great app, I have set it up to control my excavator and it works perfectly.

Do you have a set of instructions for the app, I just noticed the alternating and pingpong options and was wondering what they were for.

Hi, I'm glad you like it :) The button options (toggle, alter, pingpong, ...) are mainly for operating the servo motors. And yes, I'm planning to create a manual once I have enough time for that.

20 hours ago, imurvai said:

Just tested it, the issue I mentioned above is still there:cry_sad:

22 hours ago, imurvai said:

hopefully it'll find the bluetooth devices on nVidia Shield

Thanks for the update!

I have good news and bad news: the bad news is that, even after the update, the Shield still can't find the PUp hub in the Devices screen. The good news is that I installed the official PUp app from LEGO and it can't find the hub either, which means the problem is with the tablet and not your app.

What's weird is that the hub is visible in the tablet's BT search screen (albeit refusing pairing), but that's it.

10 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi, I'm glad you like it :) The button options (toggle, alter, pingpong, ...) are mainly for operating the servo motors. And yes, I'm planning to create a manual once I have enough time for that.

Thanks Imurvai, love your work.

For those of you wanting to power your sbrick from your buwizz, I discovered that the buwizz now only provides power when something is connected to it, so when you are searching for devices the buwizz is not giving power to the sbrick so the sbrick cannot be found. This seams to be a new feature of the buwizz, probably to conserve battery.

The work around I used was to start up the buwizz app and connect that to the buwizz, then when I search for devices with the brick controller app the sbrick can be found, the buwizz app stays connected when in the background, so the buwizz is still providing power.

9 hours ago, Oldlegonerd said:

For those of you wanting to power your sbrick from your buwizz, I discovered that the buwizz now only provides power when something is connected to it, so when you are searching for devices the buwizz is not giving power to the sbrick so the sbrick cannot be found. This seams to be a new feature of the buwizz, probably to conserve battery.

Is it BuWizz 2? My BuWizz 1 can give power to the connected SBrick even before connecting to it.

3 hours ago, imurvai said:

Is it BuWizz 2? My BuWizz 1 can give power to the connected SBrick even before connecting to it.

Yes it is the buwizz 2, I think I've got my buwizz 1 in my other model, when you switch that buwizz on you get the solid green light straight away, the buwizz 2 has a flashing green light until you connect to it and is only solid green whilst you are connected.

I've done a quick test with my buwizz 1 and 2. It looks like it is only the buwizz 2 which the ports 3 & 4 are swapped, the buwizz 1 looks to be correct.

It does not really bother me though as I have wires everywhere in my models and just plug them all in and then use trial and error until I get the right controls doing the right things.  But since I have both buwizz 1 & 2 I thought I'd do a test for you.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:45 PM, imurvai said:

Hi,

BrickController2 0.71 has just been released on the Google Play Store for testing:
- Improved device scan (hopefully it'll find the bluetooth devices on nVidia Shield)

Also I'm looking for volunteers to test the iOS version. So if you would like to take part in the testing please PM me with your email address and first and last name info.

Happy playing! :)

Hi, I downloaded last release but I can not find my sbrick ..

help me....

fabione

with sbrick app it works perfectly.
I have an android phone and last release of the brick controller app ..

Fabione

2 hours ago, fabione said:

with sbrick app it works perfectly.
I have an android phone and last release of the brick controller app ..

Hi, What Android version is running on your phone?

6 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi, What Android version is running on your phone?

Asus zenfone 3

android 8.0.0 

Fabione 

Hi István, First of all thank you for your continued work on this fantastic app. I really like the changes you made to the UI and the new features. Also great to hear that there will be a version for iOS. Been playing with BrickController 2 0.71 on my two adroid phones. And I am running into some issues that I would like to report: 

- The most serious issue is that BC2 has a problem connecting to my Buwizz 1 on my new Xiaomi Mi A1 phone. That phone runs android 8.1.0 and bluetooth 4.2/HID. When I go to devices and look for new devices it will find my Buwizz, but when I want to connect to it, it will never establish a connection. I am not having this problem with my old Huawei G620S-L01 that runs Adroid 4.4.4. On that phone I can test and use the Buwizz without issue. 

- The second issue I am having is that a control profile can go buggy. And once it's buggy it won't start/play anymore. The only option is then to delete the control profile and make a new one. I've had this happen when trying to link several gamepad buttons to a single output. The old BC app 0.32 had no problems with this. 

- I also have a question if you don't mind. Does the new app support controlling a tracked vehicle by joystick, like the old app did? And if so how do you set it up? I've tried several things but the new app handles the joystick differently so the old scheme doesn't work anymore. And I can't seem to figure out how it works. Every time I try something the control profile will go buggy on me.  

Thanks in advance for your time and effort. 

Edited by Kelkschiz