The large one I bought can also used in Windows, both via Bluetooth and USB. I never tried the small one in Windows.

Hi,

I decided to make the current version of the new BrickController app public: BrickController 0.22

I also created a brief user guide for it: BrickController user guide

It supports Lego IR (on phones having infra emitter), SBrick and BuWizz V1. It finds BuWizz V2 during device scanning but doesn't support it yet.

Please let me know if you have questions and/or issues. Suggestions are also welcome.

Happy playing! :)

Thanks Imurvai great work. When I try to install it though it says parser error. Also noticed in your user guide you use revert rather than invert, revert would be to set it back to what it was, so I think you mean invert instead.

The phone I'm using is a Samsung s4 running android 4.3, it's quite old so that may be why it is saying parser error, doesn't have infra red transmitter either, it ran the previous version of your app fine though.

I think that was the error my Alcatel Pop C7 gave when it was running 4.2.2 and I tried to install the SBrick-related apps. After I upgraded it to 4.4.2 it installed them fine. I haven't tried the newest version of BrickController yet.

8 hours ago, Oldlegonerd said:

Thanks Imurvai great work. When I try to install it though it says parser error. Also noticed in your user guide you use revert rather than invert, revert would be to set it back to what it was, so I think you mean invert instead.

The phone I'm using is a Samsung s4 running android 4.3, it's quite old so that may be why it is saying parser error, doesn't have infra red transmitter either, it ran the previous version of your app fine though.

Hahh, yes, I just realized I used revert everywhere (even in the code). It should be invert of course. Good point, thanks for letting me know.

The minimum requirement for the app is Android 4.4 but as far as I know there's a 5.0 upgrade for S4.

Are you planning to make a BuWizz 2.0 support as well? Beceause the BuWizz app is pure rubbish.

4 hours ago, imurvai said:

BrickController has been updated: BrickController 0.3

User guide: BrickController user guide

Wow, this is a dream come true! Thank you  very much for sharing your work. I just need to purchase me a joypad :-)

Is it possible to use buwizz as a power source for s-brick on one port and still use other three ports for functions - so that would mean 7 functions with combined 1x  buwizz and 1x s-brick?

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Wow, this is a dream come true! Thank you  very much for sharing your work. I just need to purchase me a joypad :-)

Is it possible to use buwizz as a power source for s-brick on one port and still use other three ports for functions - so that would mean 7 functions with combined 1x  buwizz and 1x s-brick?

buwizz as power source for sbrick does work, i’ve tested it with icarus with 2 buwizz as power (fast mode) connected to 2 sbrick 

10 hours ago, T Lego said:

Are you planning to make a BuWizz 2.0 support as well?

Yes, it's under investigation at the moment...

7 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Currently it's not possible within the app but I have plans to add this functionality. My concern is though how tolerant the SBrick is against the higher voltage the BuWizz could provide at high output or even in ludicrous mode. So it could be a little bit risky. Has anyone tried it?

7 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Currently it's not possible within the app but I have plans to add this functionality. My concern is though how tolerant the SBrick is against the higher voltage the BuWizz could provide at high output or even in ludicrous mode. So it could be a little bit risky. Has anyone tried it?

sbrick able to output the fast mode of buwizz, but not tested yet with ludicrous

43 minutes ago, nike-stars said:

sbrick able to output the fast mode of buwizz, but not tested yet with ludicrous

My concern is not the output but rather if the higher voltage could damage the SBrick.

12 minutes ago, imurvai said:

My concern is not the output but rather if the higher voltage could damage the SBrick.

oh well that would need sbrick internal comment then :)

According to the SBrick wiki the max safe operating voltage is 10.8V, the absolute maximum voltage is 11.8V. BuWizz 2.0 in ludicrous mode provides 11.2V, so it's between those 2 values. To be on the safe side I'd avoid running the motors full throttle in ludicrous mode through SBrick. 

I think you would be able to power an sbrick off an output of the buwizz which is also powering a motor, the motor uses c1 & c2 the two inside wires whilst the sbrick will be being powered by the two outside wires 0v & vcc. So they shouldn't  even affect each other, this is only theory though I haven't  tried it properly yet, but that would mean you'd be able to use al 4 outputs of the buwizz as well as the 4 outputs of the sbrick.

Yay! It's working! I just tried to connect in Infra receiver to the 3rd output of the BuWizz and an SBrick on the 4th output and both the SBrick and infra was working after just turning on the BuWizz. Also I connected a motor on the Buwizz's 4th output next to the SBrick and that was also working. So it means the BuWizz is a fully functioning battery and BT receiver in one box. :)

So theoretically 1 BuWizz could handle 20 motors at the same time (4 on the BuWizz directly + 4 SBricks on each BuWizz output).

Edited by imurvai

11 hours ago, imurvai said:

Yay! It's working! I just tried to connect in Infra receiver to the 3rd output of the BuWizz and an SBrick on the 4th output and both the SBrick and infra was working after just turning on the BuWizz. Also I connected a motor on the Buwizz's 4th output next to the SBrick and that was also working. So it means the BuWizz is a fully functioning battery and BT receiver in one box. :)

So theoretically 1 BuWizz could handle 20 motors at the same time (4 on the BuWizz directly + 4 SBricks on each BuWizz output).

Great news! Not that I would need 20 motors, buwizz+s-brick is just fine :-)

Update:

New version of the application: BrickController 0.32

User Guide: BrickController User Guide

Changes:

- Added BuWizz V2 support.

- Minor UI fixes.

Many thanks to @kbalage for the great help and contribution to add the BuWizz V2 support. Also many thanks to @Kelkschiz, @Anto and @Limga for testing and helping improving the application.

My further plans are polishing and maybe improving the app as much as possible and then I'm planning to put it into the Play Store.

Happy playing! 

It was a pleasure, many thanks for the great application! Can't wait to test it on the field :)

The core functionality of this app is amazing. For me it has much more useful functionality than either the Sbrick or the Buwizz app, so it has become indispensable. Looking forward to upcoming updates. Also it was a lot of fun to test!  

On 1/11/2018 at 8:38 PM, imurvai said:

Update:

New version of the application: BrickController 0.32

User Guide: BrickController User Guide

Changes:

- Added BuWizz V2 support.

- Minor UI fixes.

Many thanks to @kbalage for the great help and contribution to add the BuWizz V2 support. Also many thanks to @Kelkschiz, @Anto and @Limga for testing and helping improving the application.

My further plans are polishing and maybe improving the app as much as possible and then I'm planning to put it into the Play Store.

Happy playing! 

This sounds great! I'll be happy to try it with my Buwizz v1's as soon as it is out in the Play store. I went through the user guide but I could not tell whether it's of any practical use without a bluetooth controller. Can you control a model just using the app or is a controller necessary?

1 hour ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

This sounds great! I'll be happy to try it with my Buwizz v1's as soon as it is out in the Play store. I went through the user guide but I could not tell whether it's of any practical use without a bluetooth controller. Can you control a model just using the app or is a controller necessary?

Controlling with a wireless bluetooth controller is highly recommended. As far as I know that is what this app was designed for. There is an interface for control without but that is very basic, not suited to control complex MOCs with. In any case using a bluetooth controller has many advantages and doesn't have to be expensive: I bought a very basic one for a couple of euro's. 

Hi

I have some issues with my buwizz 2.0my bluetooth controller and the app. When I use the "gamepad tester" everything seems to be fine, but when I add controller events, the apps only sais "motion code: 12", unlike the gamepad tester wich says things like: Left joy horizontal and right trigger button 1. I wanted the left joystick to operate steer and r2 (frontwards) and L2(backwards) to  operate drive. However, when I press play the car suddenly starts to drive and steers to one side. When I use my left joystick nothnig happens (I connected the motors to the correct BuWizz outputs). when I press L2 de car steers to the other side and the car starts to drive backwards (I only want it to drive backwards with L2) I have an LG G4 with android 6.0 and a ps4 controller, so I do not understand the problem. 

Hi T Lego,

That sounds weird. I'll take a look at the controller setup code and try to figure out why it shows different things than the controller tester.

For the BuWizz 2 issue: have you tried to connect to it from the device management? There you can test the BuWizz ports. I'm wondering if that is working OK.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, imurvai said:

I'm wondering if that is working OK.

yes, that works just fine!