I've updated the sbrick firmware and proportional acceleration works now.

But there is a lack of calibration: a have max acceleration with 1/3 max angle of the controller stick.

Hi,

Good to hear that the firmware update solved the proportional issue.

For the other issue, I just tested my controller and found the same as you that the max output is reached at 1/3-1/2 position of the sticks. I haven't realized it though :) So I tested it with a game controller tester and the result was the same. So a calibration function would not help, it seems to be the nature of this controller :( At least it was cheap.

very excited for the IOs version!

i've read the whole thread as i just found out about this (thankfully before i went and bought my first IR lego) but i am not sure of something.

is it possible to have multiple motors assigned to the same joystick on the gamepad? e.g for a tracked crane, normal joystick 'A' may be forward or backward but if you hold down another button 'B' (and keep it held down) then you can use the same joystick 'A' for another feature such as jib lifting/lowering. then many movements can have speed control instead of just on or off. obviously you cant go forward or backward and jibbing at the same time.

many thanks!

very excited for the IOs version!

i've read the whole thread as i just found out about this (thankfully before i went and bought my first IR lego) but i am not sure of something.

is it possible to have multiple motors assigned to the same joystick on the gamepad? e.g for a tracked crane, normal joystick 'A' may be forward or backward but if you hold down another button 'B' (and keep it held down) then you can use the same joystick 'A' for another feature such as jib lifting/lowering. then many movements can have speed control instead of just on or off. obviously you cant go forward or backward and jibbing at the same time.

many thanks!

Hi,

Hmm, that's an interesting idea, I haven't thought about it. This kind of operation change on the joys can't be done. However you select multiple controller profiles for playing. Obviously only one profile is active at a time but you can easily switch between them.

So eg. on profile-1 joy-A controls the tracks and on profile-2 joy-A controls the boom or whatsoever. And you can switch which one you would like to be active.

The iOS version has been put a little bit on hold due to the summer holidays and other reasons, but I'm planning to finish it.

ah ok, thankyou for that reply. i thought i remembered double button action from my playstation years- 20 years ago. memory fade!

happy summer holidays!

Hello Imurvai!

I have installed your application on cheap android tablet (4Good T704m 3G, Android 4.4.2) and it can't find my SBrick:(

When I press "Scan" button it shows the progress bar that disappear after reaching the 100%. When I press the "Scan" button again it shows "Could not start scanning for SBricks". I tried reinstalling the app and restarting the tablet, but that doesn't work. My SBrick worked well with your app on friend's phone, don't know what the problem could be. I have tried with the official app and SBrick Simple Control and both of them work with my SBrick.

Any help would be appreciated:)

Hi Limga,

To be honest I have no idea why the app is not working on your tablet. I'll try to figure out a way to debug it on your device though.

The issue with 'Could not start scanning for SBricks' is a bug and I just fixed it :) To tell the truth I never waited for the scanning process to finish but I always cancel it when it finds my SBrick :)

Thank you for your response!

Is there any type of data that I can provide to you to make the process of debugging faster? :)

UPD: Problem solved! My friend (Silenwin) downgraded my SBrick's firmware down to 11 version (it was 12 before) via his Samsung Galaxy Note and SBrick Simple Control app. Now the app can detect my SBrick:) May be the problem was because I used and updated my SBrick with iPhone. If someone will have the same problem I recommend to do the same thing. I will receive my Defender Omega and OTG cable tomorrow, really happy now:)

Edited by Limga

1 hour ago, imurvai said:

Hi Mortil,

The latest version can be downloaded from here: SBrickController.apk

BR

Does it compatible yet with latest v4.2 of sbrick app and firmware? last version i check can't find any of this updated sbrick, only the older firmware.

22 minutes ago, nike-stars said:

Does it compatible yet with latest v4.2 of sbrick app and firmware? last version i check can't find any of this updated sbrick, only the older firmware.

I should be compatible, at least I updated my SBrick and the app was working. But I'll double check it...

Hi Guys,

SBrickController has been updated to support the new firmware (version 4.17, or simply 17). More specifically the new official app allows changing the name of the SBrick and it is now stored on the device itself. So I needed to fix handling those renamed SBricks. In this version I removed the option to change the name, maybe I'll add it to the next release. It's just a quick fix for the new firmware.

The app can be downloaded from the usual link: SBrickController.apk

Please let me know if you face any issue.

Happy playing! :)

works fine now with the new firmware, however it seems the app more unstable with more disconnection occurs compared to previous version

10 hours ago, nike-stars said:

works fine now with the new firmware, however it seems the app more unstable with more disconnection occurs compared to previous version

hmm, ok, I'll do more testing...

Does this app can only use Dpad and Joystick on the controller? I cannot make buttons work for some reason. Or am I wrong assuming I could accelerate with one button and reverse with another?

On 1/3/2017 at 8:20 PM, zux said:

Does this app can only use Dpad and Joystick on the controller? I cannot make buttons work for some reason. Or am I wrong assuming I could accelerate with one button and reverse with another?

Hi,

Basically you could use any button on the controller. But depending on the controller you are using there can be issues. I remember someone was using a controller that was sending 1,2,3,.. instead of the usual X,Y,A,B,... layout. I can't remember if the latest build contains it. If not I'm going to update the app with that modification and hopefully it'll solve your problem.

Thanks for that, looking forward for updated app.

I assume using buttons I can assign, say button A, to control acceleration forward, and for button B - acceleration backwards for the same output?

9 hours ago, zux said:

Thanks for that, looking forward for updated app.

I assume using buttons I can assign, say button A, to control acceleration forward, and for button B - acceleration backwards for the same output?

Hi,

Actually as I saw the latest version (0.9) already contains the extended buttons (from button 1 to button 16), so please try them.

And to answer your last question, yes it is possible to assign an output to multiple buttons. This is how I normally control an RC car: forward - right trigger, backward - left trigger. The opposite is also possible to assign more than one output to a single button or joystick.

In case you don't have the link to the latest app: SBrickController 0.9

59 minutes ago, imurvai said:

In case you don't have the link to the latest app: SBrickController 0.9

Great, it works! Now I know where the problem was - I've been using v0.71 and thought that was the latest.

Thanks again for proper Sbrick app.

Hi there Mr. István Murvai,

First of all, thanks for your brilliant works.

Well, I'm still waiting for my first Sbrick to come.

While waiting, i'd like to prepare some things before (Excited like a kid).

I'd read someone already used IPEGA PG-9028 bluetooth gamepad, are there any Major Issues with your new version 0.9 ?

I'm planning to use IPEGA PG-9025 , to be exact, for the controller because i could not purchase your similar gamepad in my country (Indonesia).

Oyeah, i will also use One Plus One - Cyanogen Mod 13.1.2 Elderberry - Android 6.0.1 , are there any problems with this phone?

Once again, keep up your great works, thanks a million.

Looking forward for much better and stable version

10 hours ago, Azrell said:

I'd read someone already used IPEGA PG-9028 bluetooth gamepad, are there any Major Issues with your new version 0.9 ?

I'm planning to use IPEGA PG-9025 , to be exact, for the controller because i could not purchase your similar gamepad in my country (Indonesia).

Oyeah, i will also use One Plus One - Cyanogen Mod 13.1.2 Elderberry - Android 6.0.1 , are there any problems with this phone?

Hi,

Ipega controllers are widely used so I think it will work, also your phone should be fine. I'm using Cyanogenmod too.
With the app there is an issue: the controller actions are sent to the SBrick faster than it can handle. Besides that it should work ok, it only causes a little delays when using the joys. I'm planning to release an update soon. Hope you will enjoy it :)

Happy playing!

Hi István,

First of all - köszönöm szépen - for this very nice app :-)
Works like a rock using a MotoXPlay with Android 6.0.1 and a GameSir-G3s Gamepad. Fyi: so far i expierenced no disconnects or anything similar (like sometimes reported here before)
One question i have: is it possible to implement some kind of Expo-Function? Don't know if you are familiar with 'real' RC remotes: it is used to make Stick-Movements in the center kind of insensitve. In my case i'm controlling the Lego Porsche and it jumps when you start moving the sticks. Its because they are very sensitive in the center  and give relatively fast a lot of power. This requires very very very slow sticks moves in order to perform a smmoth start of the car. Btw: the second typically used option (called Dual Rate) you already implemented by defining the max. power to each channel.

Andreas

Hi there Mr. István Murvai,

I bought Thrustmuster Score-A gamepad, downloaded and set up your app, and it works like marvel! Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the wonderful work. I can't wait to try on the app. But currently I only have iPhone and need to get an Android device unless there is any news on the IOS version.

Also, I would like to know if somebody has used it with PS3 gamepad.

Thanks again for the nice app which change the control experience of SBrick.

Hi,

I've put the iOS version on hold for a while because there are much less controllers supporting that.
As far as I know the PS3 controller needs some 3rd party tool on Android to communicate properly. PS4 controllers are working out of the box.