Hi There,

I am looking for someone who has implemented the BuWizz protocol programatically.

I manage to connect to the BuWizz hub, but when I send the speed command nothing move.

0x10, v1, v2, v3, v4, 0x00.

Can anyone help?

Edited by Cosmik42

@Cosmik42 I guess it's BuWizz2. In this case you need to issue a write request on the characteristic (write WITH response).
For BuWizz1 however you need to issue a write command (write WITHOUT response).

@imurvaiHey, I just bought a steel series nimbus yesterday to use with your ios app and my BuWizz 1.0. It works fantastic! No noticeable lag, precision controls. Your app is actually better than the official BuWizz app in that it automatically reconnects to the BuWizz if connection is lost. Thank you so much!

App is indeed great but it could use some improvement in the profiles management. A capability to clone a profile for further modifications would be highly appreciated. And the ability to assign one profile as default is needed (or change the order of the profiles).

Edited by iuliand

Agreed. Also, a way to copy profiles between devices (for example by copying an XML or JSON or some other format you use) would be very welcome.

16 hours ago, PunkTacoNYC said:

@imurvaiHey, I just bought a steel series nimbus yesterday to use with your ios app and my BuWizz 1.0. It works fantastic! No noticeable lag, precision controls. Your app is actually better than the official BuWizz app in that it automatically reconnects to the BuWizz if connection is lost. Thank you so much!

Thanks, cool that you like it :)

10 hours ago, iuliand said:

App is indeed great but it could use some improvement in the profiles management. A capability to clone a profile for further modifications would be highly appreciated. And the ability to assign one profile as default is needed (or change the order of the profiles).

Good ideas, I'll try to put them in.

9 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Agreed. Also, a way to copy profiles between devices (for example by copying an XML or JSON or some other format you use) would be very welcome.

This is also a good idea and I was thinking of it. It can be however a bit tricky to share a profile with others because obviously they use other devices and unfortunately the button and joy mapping is different among the different gamepads. But if you would like to copy a profile only from one of your own devices to another that could work.

hi.  i tried the brickcontroller 2 last month and still didnt get it to find my Sbricks :/ tried to update it and even try on another phone.

Assuming you're using Android, did you also turn on GPS? I know it's silly, but Bluetooth BLE access also requires GPS to be on.

4 hours ago, mortil said:

hi.  i tried the brickcontroller 2 last month and still didnt get it to find my Sbricks :/ tried to update it and even try on another phone.

Hi, whan phone and android version did you try on? And is the official app working with your SBricks?

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Assuming you're using Android, did you also turn on GPS? I know it's silly, but Bluetooth BLE access also requires GPS to be on.

Hmm, that's good to know, thanks :)

Oneplus 3 and 5  

On the 3 i dont know what android it is but its the latest out for it. and on the 5 is android 9 

Yes regular sbrick app works on both phones.  :)  

53 minutes ago, mortil said:

Oneplus 3 and 5  

Ok, I'll try to get a oneplus and see what's going on...

I was informed that the Powered UP can't be controlled by BC2 and I can confirm that the latest firmware update for PU has changed something relating to the control protocol. I'm working on the fix...

HI imurvai.

Thank You again for your great app.

I've bought Buwizzess, inserted them to Madoca's Baja and tested with the last BK2 ver 1.5 on my Android 7 notepad.

Baja moves like crazy on LUDICROUS mode. :)

But I've found some issues:

1) Some ports are swapped, as described early. Change of ports helped to operate correctly.

2) One button on controller can't switch on 2 pairs of lights (4) by SimpleToggle type. 1st time I added 2 channels (2 pairs of lights) to one button - it didn't work (see screens).

Then I added each lights pair to different buttons - it works.

P.S. No both issues in Buwizz apps (current and beta).

Edited by ifilin

1 hour ago, ifilin said:

HI imurvai.

Thank You again for your great app.

I've bought Buwizzess, inserted them to Madoca's Baja and tested with the last BK2 ver 1.5 on my Android 7 notepad.

Baja moves like crazy on LUDICROUS mode. :)

But I've found some issues:

1) Some ports are swapped, as described early. Change of ports helped to operate correctly.

2) One button on controller can't switch on 2 pairs of lights (4) by SimpleToggle type. 1st time I added 2 channels (2 pairs of lights) to one button - it didn't work (see screens).

Then I added each lights pair to different buttons - it works.

P.S. No both issues in Buwizz apps (current and beta).

Hi,

Yes, I'm aware of the port swapping on some BuWizzes. I thought before I had fixed it, but apparently there are still BW2 devices with this issue.

Have you tested the controller button in the controller tester if it works at all? It would be strange if it was ok but can't operate the lights.

20 hours ago, imurvai said:

Have you tested the controller button in the controller tester if it works at all? It would be strange if it was ok but can't operate the lights. 

All buttons on controller work fine. Any button can switch on\off 1 channel (1 lights pair) by SimpleToggle type.

But 1 button can't switch on\off 2 channels in the same time (2 lights pair) by SimpleToggle type.

I uploaded new screens of config, please, see.

35 minutes ago, ifilin said:

All buttons on controller work fine. Any button can switch on\off 1 channel (1 lights pair) by SimpleToggle type.

But 1 button can't switch on\off 2 channels in the same time (2 lights pair) by SimpleToggle type.

Ok, got it! I'll look into it...

Hello,
I'm Grandpa Lothar, 79 years old and totally new to Eurobricks. I am very glad that I found this thread.
I bought the Snakebyte VR controller. He does not work. Bluetooth does not accept it as an input device. I gave it back. Can you recommend a game controller that will work with my smartphone Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) for sure.
Thank you for your advice.
Grandpa Lothar

(with Lego 8043 ultimate and 42009 ultimate in construction)

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017) and I had success with the PS4 v2 controller connected over BT. It is supported nicely by Brick Controller. Give it a try, though it is not a cheap option.

Hi Lothar,

Welcome to the forum. I had a Sony xperia X compact and a Sony PS4 controller. Phone and controller worked perfectly together but it was difficult with the Sbrick app. I always had first to connect the Sbrick App with the Sbrick and connect the controller later. Otherwise, it was no possible to connect the Sbrick with the app. Same problem was also with the brick controller app. Somehow the PS4 controller hidered the connection between the sbrick and the sbrick or brick controller app. Then I changed to this controller: https://www.trust.com/en/product/22258-gxt-590-bosi-wireless-gamepad

This controller is specially made for phones with android. Since I use this controller, I hadn't have any problems. Neither with the Sbrick app nor with the Brick controller app. But I cannot say whether the controller will work with your phone, but I think it should, since it is made for the android mobile system. 

Cheers Simon

11 hours ago, Grandpa_Lothar said:
Hello,
I'm Grandpa Lothar, 79 years old and totally new to Eurobricks. I am very glad that I found this thread.
I bought the Snakebyte VR controller. He does not work. Bluetooth does not accept it as an input device. I gave it back. Can you recommend a game controller that will work with my smartphone Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) for sure.
Thank you for your advice.
Grandpa Lothar

(with Lego 8043 ultimate and 42009 ultimate in construction)

Hi Grandpa_Lothar,

This was a gamepad that was noted ages ago on this forum, it's really cheap and works really well.

https://www.dx.com/p/n1-3017-fashion-multifunction-bluetooth-wireless-game-controller-black-2059252#.XN8l2RMZG9e

I also have a Samsung phone but mines a J5 I think.

Hello iuliand, Simon and Oldlegonerd

Thank you very much for your advice on buying a game controller suitable for our purposes. My mobile crane 42009 is almost finished. Now comes the adventure with S-Brick, BrickControll and Bluetooth. I will report, also from the failures.

Grandpa Lothar

Hey everybody. I am new to this board. ;-)

The app does not seem to work with Ipega/Stoga PG-9023 game controller on iOS. The device connects to the iPhone, but BC2 does not recognize any input. I tried all four operation modes (Joystick, Keyboard, iCade, Mouse). Is there a way to make it work?

On Android it works like a charm.

You made a great app @imurvai! Many thanks in advance for any feedback on my problem.

~Andy

32 minutes ago, Koani said:

Hey everybody. I am new to this board. ;-)

The app does not seem to work with Ipega/Stoga PG-9023 game controller on iOS. The device connects to the iPhone, but BC2 does not recognize any input. I tried all four operation modes (Joystick, Keyboard, iCade, Mouse). Is there a way to make it work?

On Android it works like a charm.

You made a great app @imurvai! Many thanks in advance for any feedback on my problem.

~Andy

Hi,

I don't know this controller, but according to this site the connection methods are the followings:

For iOS: Press B and HOME key for long time
For Android: Press X and HOME key for 5 s

Hope it helps :)