3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

TLG has released official documentation on the PUp BT protocol, links at the documentation thread

Nice find! Thank you very much! :)

Hi,
I thought about making an App for controlling Lego Power Functions 1.0(not PU). And now I am done with programming this app, without any programming knowledge. In the next updates I am going to make a PU remote too, so you can combine different Lego Sets and I want to make a Mini Jack IR Blaster Support for smartphones, that hadn t an IR blaster built in. Right now the App is only for devices with built in IR blaster. I know there was an App before for controlling Lego Power Functions, but this app had some features that weren t pretty good. This is also one of the reasons why I made this kind of App. Please open the Play Store Link on your smartphone.

Play Store Link for the App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pfremote.sucho.pfremote

YouTube Link for Video:

You do know BrickController 2 already can control PF via integrated IR (dunno about audio jack adapters, though), right? :wink:

@PF Remote your app is very cool :) I was thinking of creating such an app but in this case I don't need to :)
Anyway I also did some research on using the jack-to-IR thing but I have given it up. First I created my own blaster using simply two IR diodes and basically it was working ok (even with Lego) but the operating distance was very low (max 10-20cm), then I ordered another one having an amplifier (from here) but I didn't manage to make it work with Lego. Most probably the amplifier added too much distortion or it could not handle the 38kHz signal. I'm looking forward to your experiences with jack-to-IR. Maybe you'll have better luck :)

Merry XMAS to everyone!

Hi,

BrickController 2 version 1.0 has been released for both Android and iOS.
New features:
- Added support for Lego Boost
- Hungarian and German localization (besides the original English)
- Improved Lego Powered-Up handling
Known issues:
- Swapped output on some BuWizz 2 devices
- Notable lag on some BuWizz 2 devices
- One user reported connection issue with BuWizz 2

Links:
- Android: Google Play Store
- iOS: Apple TestFlight

Happy playing! and please let me know if you face any other issues.

1 hour ago, imurvai said:

Known issues:

- Swapped output on some BuWizz 2 devices
- One user reported connection issue with BuWizz 2

Same thing on v2 Buwizzes (1st and 2nd ports swapped)

Also noticed connection problems with all 4 buwizzes v2. Again, problem was solved on my Xperia XA1 plus with nRF Connect app. Scan and connect all buwizzes with this app - and then start your app and play with all 4 buwizzes without disconnects or lags. 

15 hours ago, SilenWin said:

Same thing on v2 Buwizzes (1st and 2nd ports swapped)

Also noticed connection problems with all 4 buwizzes v2. Again, problem was solved on my Xperia XA1 plus with nRF Connect app. Scan and connect all buwizzes with this app - and then start your app and play with all 4 buwizzes without disconnects or lags. 

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'll try to get a BuWizz 2 to sort out this kind of issues once and for all...
BTW after a system upgrade my phone also started not connecting smoothly to my BuWizz 1, however my old phone still works ok.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:19 PM, imurvai said:

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'll try to get a BuWizz 2 to sort out this kind of issues once and for all...

After 7th January update all problems are gone! Now ports are swapped correct and no more connect issues (4 Buwizzes = about 10 seconds connecting)
Thanks a lot!

12 hours ago, SilenWin said:

After 7th January update all problems are gone! Now ports are swapped correct and no more connect issues (4 Buwizzes = about 10 seconds connecting)
Thanks a lot!

Cool that it's working, however now others reported output swapping, so it really seems that there are two subversions of BuWizz 2. I'm on fixing it...

3 hours ago, imurvai said:

BC2 has been released in both Android Play Store and Apple AppStore (not beta anymore):

BrickController 2 on the Google Play Store: BrickController2 android
BrickController 2 is also available on the Apple App Store. BrickController2 iOS

Happy playing!

Great work! I really admire your efforts and your impact in community of Technic fans around the world. Is there any way to help or support you?:) 
Also, I would like to know if there is any chance that App will be compatible with my good old iPhone 5? BrickController seem to be only compatible with iPhone 5s and later. 

10 hours ago, Limga said:

Great work! I really admire your efforts and your impact in community of Technic fans around the world. Is there any way to help or support you?:) 
Also, I would like to know if there is any chance that App will be compatible with my good old iPhone 5? BrickController seem to be only compatible with iPhone 5s and later. 

Thanks, actually with developing BC2 I connected two of my hobbies (programming and lego). The source is open and placed on github so anyone can see or fork it :)
At the moment I'm building only for 64bit ios devices, that is why it's not working on iphone5. In the next release I'll try to turn on the 32bit building as well. 

Hi All,

I have, probably, strange question. How can I connect the Xbox One S pad with the BrickController app? Is it possible at all?
My phone is iPhone with iOS v.12.1.2 

1 hour ago, michald69 said:

Hi All,

I have, probably, strange question. How can I connect the Xbox One S pad with the BrickController app? Is it possible at all?
My phone is iPhone with iOS v.12.1.2 

Hi, I'm affraid it's not possible. You can connect any iOS compatible controllers (MFi), but unfortunately the XBox gamepad is not MFi :(

I'm using one like this: Mad Catz

2 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi, I'm affraid it's not possible. You can connect any iOS compatible controllers (MFi), but unfortunately the XBox gamepad is not MFi :(

I'm using one like this: Mad Catz

Oh, I see.

Well, I have to spend more money... My wife will kill me. :excited:

Thanks @imurvai! :) 

I have one that looks exactly like that, except bought from a Chinese online store, and it works well. I have since moved to an Ipega 9055 due to it having a better weight distribution than the "phone clipped on top" form factor.

Finally bought a game controller (PG9025), so I finally could try BC2! But I do have some problems (using Moto G5+)...

- Worked wonderfully well with a Buwizz V1

- Overall, worked fine with 2 x Sbricks, though sometimes connexion didn't occur the first time. Also got some app crashes while trying to connect.

- Connects fine with a Powered Up hub, but the motors never worked (neither in device test or with a creation profile). The hub and motors work fine using LEGO app.

- Connexion to the Boost hub work only the second time. For example, in device test, the phone remains in "connecting mode", though the Boost Hub considers to be connected (blue LED). I press cancel and try again to connect, and then it works fine. The sliders of device test mode work fine with no lag. After that, I tried the creation mode. Here again, connexion occurs only the second time. Thent, it works, but with a LOT of lag.

- No support of WeDo 2 ?

5 hours ago, Philo said:

Finally bought a game controller (PG9025), so I finally could try BC2! But I do have some problems (using Moto G5+)...

- Worked wonderfully well with a Buwizz V1

- Overall, worked fine with 2 x Sbricks, though sometimes connexion didn't occur the first time. Also got some app crashes while trying to connect.

- Connects fine with a Powered Up hub, but the motors never worked (neither in device test or with a creation profile). The hub and motors work fine using LEGO app.

- Connexion to the Boost hub work only the second time. For example, in device test, the phone remains in "connecting mode", though the Boost Hub considers to be connected (blue LED). I press cancel and try again to connect, and then it works fine. The sliders of device test mode work fine with no lag. After that, I tried the creation mode. Here again, connexion occurs only the second time. Thent, it works, but with a LOT of lag.

- No support of WeDo 2 ?

Hi @Philo,

Thanks for your feedbacks.
- For connecting to 2xSBricks: on certain devices it could be problematic connecting to multiple devices at the same time, I'll try to figure out a more stable method...
- Powered-Up issue: to be honest my best guess is that your device has a different firmware version. I'll look into if any update has happened...
- Boost issue: no idea for the connection issue at the moment. Do you experience lag on the internal or the external outputs or both? My experience is that utilizing the internal outputs only is faster than using both the internal and external motors at the same time due to the current protocol restrictions. I hope it'll be changed in the future.
- No WeDo support at the moment. I'll try to get a WeDo 2 device and then I can add support for it.

BTW thanks for the Power function documentation, I used the one you shared on your page :)

Hi @imurvai,

16 hours ago, imurvai said:

- Powered-Up issue: to be honest my best guess is that your device has a different firmware version. I'll look into if any update has happened...

The first time I powered the hub with LEGO app, there was a firmware update, but I don't know how I could get a version number, and as I bought it on BL I don't know its story.

- Boost issue: no idea for the connection issue at the moment. Do you experience lag on the internal or the external outputs or both? My experience is that utilizing the internal outputs only is faster than using both the internal and external motors at the same time due to the current protocol restrictions. I hope it'll be changed in the future.

Both of them. I shot a little video to show you the problem:

Direct control from the smartphone works fine:

This could imply a delay between the game controller and the smartphone, but since it works great with Buwizz setup I think this idea can be eliminated.

BTW thanks for the Power function documentation, I used the one you shared on your page :)

;)

Otherwise, I like the app a lot. One little suggestion: during profile creation, it would be nice if, when you add a new event, the last device used was selected.

3 hours ago, Philo said:

Both of them. I shot a little video to show you the problem:

Hi,
Just found a topic mentioning lags between android and gamepads: https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab4-10-1/528898-ps4-ds4-dual-shock-4-controller-delayed-bluetooth-input-lag-latency-android-samsung-galaxy-there-anyway-i-can-fix.html
In this topic a guy suggests installing the Bluetooth Auto Connect app which might solve the lag issue. This kind of problem is most probably phone and/or gamepad dependent. Could you try and let me know if it helps?

3 hours ago, Philo said:

Otherwise, I like the app a lot. One little suggestion: during profile creation, it would be nice if, when you add a new event, the last device used was selected.

Ahh yes, it's a good idea. I was also thinking about adding it :)

1 hour ago, imurvai said:

In this topic a guy suggests installing the Bluetooth Auto Connect app which might solve the lag issue. This kind of problem is most probably phone and/or gamepad dependent. Could you try and let me know if it helps?

I tried, nothing changed. OTOH as I said previously a lag between controller and smartphone seems improbable, since it works fine with Buwizz. OK, could be some kind of BT flood occuring only with Boost, perturbating normal link with controller, but...???