Hi, I've tried Briccontroller 0.32 on my Nexus 6P but it can't find my Buwizz 1.0. The Buwizz app also can't find it (and now it just crashes as soon as it is started :wub:). However, I can see the Buwizz in the Bluetooth settings. I can connect to the Buwizz using the Buwizz app on my tablet so the Buwizz itself seems ok. Any idea what's wrong?

Edited by GroundskeeperWillie
Typo

10 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Hi, I've tried Briccontroller 0.32 on my Nexus 6P but it can't find my Buwizz 1.0. The Buwizz app also can't find it (and now it just crashes as soon as it is started :wub:). However, I can see the Buwizz in the Bluetooth settings. I can connect to the Buwizz using the Buwizz app on my tablet so the Buwizz itself seems ok. Any idea what's wrong?

Hi, Sometime it happens that it's very hard to connect to the BuWizz even with the official app. I don't know why. Could you try the nRF Connect app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.mcp ) if it sees and connects to your BuWizz?

Is it my app or the official app that crash by the way?

Can you try my app on the tablet as well? (If it's an Android tablet :classic:)

Also I just found this in the other topic:

Your phone needs to have access to the internet.  I think this is to download the latest firmware.  First connection to the brick will install the firmware - sometimes this process freezes, just keep restarting it if the progress bar is not advancing.  Not sure what else to suggest.

I'm using a Nexus 6P, Android 7.1.1.  Have you tried connecting with any other devices?

On 2/9/2018 at 7:54 AM, imurvai said:

Could you try the nRF Connect app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.mcp ) if it sees and connects to your BuWizz?

Yes, that works. It gave me a hint to enable location permission. It is beyond me why that should matter but alas...

And with location permission on, voila -  both nRF, Brickcontroller and the BuWizz app work and can connect to my BuWizz 1!

So, thanks for the pointer :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to trying out BrickController but unfortunately it seems it can't connect to my cheap PS3 clone controller. Are there any tricks for making that work?

Is it my app or the official app that crash by the way?

That was the official app. Turns out there was an update I missed and the error is gone.

Can you try my app on the tablet as well? (If it's an Android tablet :classic:)

It's an Android tablet but its away on vacation ;) I'll try it our when it gets back.

19 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I'm looking forward to trying out BrickController but unfortunately it seems it can't connect to my cheap PS3 clone controller. Are there any tricks for making that work?

Good to hear it's working :)

I don't have any PS3 controller but here's an instruction on how to connect it to Android devices: Connect PS3 controller to Android

This is an extremely useful app. Works much better than the official one. The only thing BrickController is lacking for me is being able to switch BuWizz modes on the fly.

Edited by apachaihapachai

Hello. First, thanks for APPs. But I have some issues with controlling SBricks:

1. When I use old SBrickController 0.92 app I can't achieve maximum power of motors. My RC car (4 L-motors packed for one gear) running 50% of speed comparing to original SBrick app with same SBricks setup. I re-checked everything, tried to use buttons as Triggers, normal buttons, joystick. Same result. Max Output options set to 100% for sure

2. New BrickController can't find anything at "Device management" (same phone with 6.0 Android where SBrickController app and original SBrick app works fine). Program sees controller (DualShock3) events fine. I tried to remove SBrickController app, reinstall BrickController - nothing helps. 

What I do wrong?

Edited by vadtwo

7 hours ago, vadtwo said:

Hello. First, thanks for APPs. But I have some issues with controlling SBricks:

1. When I use old SBrickController 0.92 app I can't achieve maximum power of motors. My RC car (4 L-motors packed for one gear) running 50% of speed comparing to original SBrick app with same SBricks setup. I re-checked everything, tried to use buttons as Triggers, normal buttons, joystick. Same result. Max Output options set to 100% for sure

2. New BrickController can't find anything at "Device management" (same phone with 6.0 Android where SBrickController app and original SBrick app works fine). Program sees controller (DualShock3) events fine. I tried to remove SBrickController app, reinstall BrickController - nothing helps. 

Hi, it doesn't seem like you did anything wrong. Basically both my apps discover the bluetooth devices the same way so it's weird why BrickController doesn't see your SBrick. Could you check the firmware version of your SBrick in the official app? Mine is version 20 and it says it's the latest. And BTW is it a "pure" SBrick or an SBrick Plus?

For the SBrickController issue: could you check if the outputs can be driven full speed in the device settings using the sliders? If so then I assume the issue has something to do with the controller, but I'm not 100% percent sure.

15 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi, it doesn't seem like you did anything wrong. Basically both my apps discover the bluetooth devices the same way so it's weird why BrickController doesn't see your SBrick. Could you check the firmware version of your SBrick in the official app?

FW is 20. Today I tried another phone. Clean install BrickController 0.32, pairing SBrick at Phone's bluetooth center and clear list after Device Scan in app

And BTW is it a "pure" SBrick or an SBrick Plus?

SBrick Plus

For the SBrickController issue: could you check if the outputs can be driven full speed in the device settings using the sliders?

I've re-checked everything again and found an issue. Output port names are different in SBrick App and your App: ABCD in SBrick are BDAC in your App. All is fixed now. Sorry for that.

Edited by vadtwo

Hi again, I am stuck again with an issue, maybe others had the same problem. After today an update was installed on my phone, the bluethooth controller does not work with the app. The phone showes it as connected bluethooth keyboard, but it does not work in the app. Any advise? 6.0.1 and asks v1.2 release 161011 is the security version. Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Jantayg said:

Hi again, I am stuck again with an issue, maybe others had the same problem. After today an update was installed on my phone, the bluethooth controller does not work with the app. The phone showes it as connected bluethooth keyboard, but it does not work in the app. Any advise? 6.0.1 and asks v1.2 release 161011 is the security version. Thanks in advance

Hi, please try removing the controller in the bluetooth settings by forgetting the device and re-pair it again. Let me know if it helps.

Hi Istvan, I have tried the following:

uninstalled tha app from the phone and reinstalled it

I deleted the controller from bluetooth setup, and re-paired it again.

no joy:(

I am not familiar with android at all, I am not sure what to check, if the update did change anything with bluethooth settings. 

3 minutes ago, Jantayg said:

Hi Istvan, I have tried the following:

uninstalled tha app from the phone and reinstalled it

I deleted the controller from bluetooth setup, and re-paired it again.

no joy:(

I am not familiar with android at all, I am not sure what to check, if the update did change anything with bluethooth settings. 

Hi,

Hmm, that sounds strange. I'm just guessing but my controller has 4 modes and only one of the is working as a normal controller. Maybe the default setting on your controller has changed (if it has multiple modes at all).

Doesn't it work in my app's controller tester either?

11 hours ago, Jantayg said:

Mine has 2 modes, and tried to change the modes too. I tried in the tester part too.

Does the controller work in other apps, like some gamepad tester from the play store? If not then the issue is in the new firmware.

I do not think so. I will download a gamepad tester, and will let you know the result. If thats the case, I guess downgrading would be the only option.

This is just a short "thank you" post- your program works magnificently, and it's very easy to set up. I'm impressed. 

One question though; is there support for skid steering? It was mentioned somewhere in may last year, but I can't find anything else in the thread or documentation.

Edited by mahjqa

I've asked István the same question and this is the answer I got. Works perfectly, although you sometimes have make the outputs on the vert joy opposed instead of on the hort joy.

Hi Franciscus,

I have a good news for you: this function has already been added to the app :)

What you need to do is to setup the two motors on the joy vertical direction the same way and setup the same two motors on the joy horizontal direction with different invert setup and you are good to go.

Behind the scenes the app adds the outputs for a motor if it assigned to multiple controller events, that is why one motor is stopped if the joy points to 45 degrees eg.

It does something like this: tracked vehicle using one joy

This video was taken using my older app, but it works the same way in the new as well.

BR,

István

Edited by Kelkschiz

Just an update, as it looks, the phone does not work with the controller anymore, so there is no problem with the app. I am now hunting an working firmware for the phone. 

Hi, i would like to setup my buwizz to be controlled via a game controller. 

What do i need to set it up?

And what controller is best for this app you created?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Green Gecko said:

Thanks

Hi, theoretically all Android compatible game controllers should be OK, however a guy has reported issues using the official PS4 controller. I'm using a cheap one from a chinese webshop and that is completely fine.
To set up the app for your model please follow the instructions of the manual: BrickController manual
Happy playing! :)

Hello, thanks a lot for the app, it works pretty well with my Sbrick and BuWizz 2.0.

One thing I would like to ask for, maybe it's too much, is would you please add the function to switch BuWizz's output level while controlling?

By now it seems only able to switch the output level in device management. 

It's good enough now, but it would be prefect for me to have this function. 

Anyway, still many thanks for this app! 

On 2-4-2018 at 9:32 PM, Green Gecko said:

For my latest creation with skid steering i am using an samsung S5 + OTG cable + (very old) logitec usb analog joypad,

I tried a few controllers, but wired seems the easiest, it never breaks connection and less bluetooth means less latency i'd say, and the cable may even act as an antenna for the bluetooth?

And not every controller wants to work, for example the nintendo switch pro controller can only hit 0.70 output  on the analog pad while a full 1.0 is needed to set it up (the joycons work but they are actually no analog controllers, just a D-pad)

1 hour ago, NABLACK said:

One thing I would like to ask for, maybe it's too much, is would you please add the function to switch BuWizz's output level while controlling?

that would be great indeed! 

But i must really complement @imurvai with this app, it makes the buwizz much more versatile!

Hi,

Actually I have a couple of features to add and one of them is the live BuWizz level setting on the phone's screen during playing. Please be patient I don't have too much time to deal with the app nowadays...

Is there actually someone who uses Buwizz 2.0 with PS4 controller? I am experiencing a few problems and I am just curious if I am the only one with this problem....

7 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi,

Actually I have a couple of features to add and one of them is the live BuWizz level setting on the phone's screen during playing. Please be patient I don't have too much time to deal with the app nowadays...

Thank you very much, it's good to hear that, and please do take your time. Looking forward to it!

9 minutes ago, T Lego said:

Is there actually someone who uses Buwizz 2.0 with PS4 controller? I am experiencing a few problems and I am just curious if I am the only one with this problem....

I'm using PS4 controller, didn't found any problem yet, though I didn't used that much.