1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

That's pretty cool! My phone also has IR :classic:
I imagine that in the final version a user can create a controller layout like in the sbrick app with a combination of sbricks and lego IR receivers?

Yes, that's the plan and I also would like to support BuWizz.

3 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi, hmm I didn't know I can't use the Lego logo. What is your suggestion then? Or should I draw my own logo in Paint - haha?

TLG is very touchy in regards to their "signature" images, such as their logo or the minifigure. For example, starting next year LUGs can't have the word "LEGO" in their name (unless integrated in something along the lines of "LEGO user group") or any part of a minifig in their logo. An alternative could be an infrared icon? Like this one, for example:

icon-reliable-far-infrared-emitters.png

Also, is it technically possible in Android to still have the app receiving commands from the gamepad and forwarding them to the SBrick when running in background? I ask this because I use two apps with FExplorer: one to receive the feed from its camera via Wi-Fi, and SBrickController to drive it via Bluetooth; as they can't run at the same time, I need one separate device for each.

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Also, is it technically possible in Android to still have the app receiving commands from the gamepad and forwarding them to the SBrick when running in background? I ask this because I use two apps with FExplorer: one to receive the feed from its camera via Wi-Fi, and SBrickController to drive it via Bluetooth; as they can't run at the same time, I need one separate device for each.

I tried to run the app in the background but unfortunately in that case the app didn't get the controller events. Which is kind of obvious because the controller acts as a standard input device. Another option could be running the two apps on a split screen, but I haven't tried it yet.

Both SBrickController and the camera app I use (SportLook) report that they can't run in Android's native split screen. I tried it on an Nvidia Shield Tablet K1, running Android 7.0.

6 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Both SBrickController and the camera app I use (SportLook) report that they can't run in Android's native split screen. I tried it on an Nvidia Shield Tablet K1, running Android 7.0.

Hmm, I see. I thought apps could run in split screen without any special setup.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:28 PM, kbalage said:

Fingers crossed for the BuWizz protocol release...

In the meantime I reverse engineered the protocol :)

1 hour ago, imurvai said:

In the meantime I reverse engineered the protocol :)

Wow!
Can't wait to test it!

Another demo on the new BrickController app:

Finally BuWizz is also working :)

Edited by imurvai
Fixed the video link

Just now, imurvai said:

Another demo on the new BrickController app:

http://youtu.be/7zPLBCMb1SU

Finally BuWizz is also working :)

that is just waaaayy too awesome!!

if you sell it for $5 i’ll still buy it ??

Edited by nike-stars
adding comment

One ring to rule them all:)
Great work of reverse engineering BuWizz protocols!
Will there be downloadable version of .apk? 

Amazing!! With that on-off switch function you already managed to overtake the official app ;) Can't wait to test it!

17 minutes ago, Limga said:

Will there be downloadable version of .apk? 

Sure, I'm gonna publish it once it's ~production ready.

Awesome! Especially since the old phone I bought to use with my LEGO projects happens to have infrared, the updated app should be extra useful. :thumbup:

I found an old, non original, PS2 controller, connected with usb cable to my Galaxy S5 and am finding out which button I need to control my Sbrick. Later I will try it with 2 sbricks.

@imurvai Spectacular work uniting all the available controls. The IR controller will also work on Mindstorms. The only thing left is controlling Mindstorms via Bluetooth :wink:.  

First of all: Happy New Year for EveryOne!

22 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

@imurvai Spectacular work uniting all the available controls. The IR controller will also work on Mindstorms. The only thing left is controlling Mindstorms via Bluetooth :wink:.  

I'm not sure if the IR protocol is the same for Mindstorms as for PF, most probably it's very different. Currently I'm not planning to support Mindstorms as - in my opinion - it's mainly designed for autonomous creations like robots.

Yes, the protocol is different, and so is the one for the RC trains, Manas, and older IR Racers.

It's not just for autonomous robots, as the RCX's IR protocol allows direct output control.

8 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Yes, the protocol is different, and so is the one for the RC trains, Manas, and older IR Racers.

It's not just for autonomous robots, as the RCX's IR protocol allows direct output control.

Pardon my ignorance, but the EV3 IR remote can control PF motors. How is the protocol different? The only function on the remote that doesn't do anything for PF is the constant IR beacon that the remote can emit. 

Edited by BusterHaus

You're mistaking the EV3 with the RCX. The EV3's IR sensor and remote do use the PF protocol, but the RCX uses a different IR protocol.

Guys, which controller is best for control sbrick via this appl? May be, there is cheap controller, working stable?

I use this one without problems. It's the cheapest I could find with dual symmetrical analogue sticks, and there's an optional phone holder for it.I use this one without problems. It's the cheapest I could find with dual symmetrical analogue sticks, and there's an optional phone holder for it.

http://m.everbuying.net/product957825.html

If you don't need so many buttons, this one should also work:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wireless-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Self-Timer-Game-Controller-Joystick-Selfie-Remote-Shutter-Mouse-For-iOS-Android-Smartphone/32717032525.html

20 hours ago, AVCampos said:

I use this one without problems. It's the cheapest I could find with dual symmetrical analogue sticks, and there's an optional phone holder for it.I use this one without problems. It's the cheapest I could find with dual symmetrical analogue sticks, and there's an optional phone holder for it.

http://m.everbuying.net/product957825.html

If you don't need so many buttons, this one should also work:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wireless-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Self-Timer-Game-Controller-Joystick-Selfie-Remote-Shutter-Mouse-For-iOS-Android-Smartphone/32717032525.html

Thank You for the answer. I think about this joystick https://ru.aliexpress.com/store/product/Gamesir-G3s-2-4Ghz-Wireless-bluetooth-gamepad-controller-for-iOS-Android-TV-BOX-Smartphone-Tablet-PC/1948940_32519713770.html?spm=a2g0v.12010615.0.0.754ee025Q4lwNo

I need it for game PC.