@Rifka Think they use different commands, so I guess 4.0 and 6.0 are incompatible to each other...

Indicators for it: the remotes work batteries of the other version + if I recall correctly, the MK App also differences (this may be wrong, havent it installed currently to dblcheck)

And yeah, I would be fine with splittung contributions up so those could be hopefully implemented aswell. I can just offer this and its np to take that, but @imurvai has to say "yes" - because the real efforts will be at mapping & coding..

On 5/12/2022 at 10:54 PM, mla2 said:

It doesn't have auto calibration for PU motors on a Buwizz 3, right?

I couldn't find it when I tried using PU Large motor as servo on a Buwizz 3 in the latest app version. I did get the manual calibration to work but still had some troubles afterwards, it doesnt seem return to center as accurately and quickly as with the Buwizz app. 

I now realized there's any easy way to get the manual steering calibration working for PU motors on a Buwizz 3 in Brickcontroller2:

• First you setup your MOC ('Creation' in the app) without doing any calibration.
  • Then before you activate it the first time (using the green play button in the app) you disconnect the steering from the motor.
  • Then click the play button: Brickcontroller2 will now reset the motor to 0 degrees without being limited by the available steering angle.
  • Once it's done reconnect the steering and voila, calibration done without any damaged gears because 0 degrees was in some unreachable position.

In hindsight this approach seems kind of obvious but I thought I should share it anyway.

Do note that since it requires disconnecting the steering you should do this as soon as possible instead of waiting till you built the entire MOC.

16 minutes ago, mla2 said:

I now realized there's any easy way to get the manual steering calibration working for PU motors on a Buwizz 3 in Brickcontroller2:

• First you setup your MOC ('Creation' in the app) without doing any calibration.
  • Then before you activate it the first time (using the green play button in the app) you disconnect the steering from the motor.
  • Then click the play button: Brickcontroller2 will now reset the motor to 0 degrees without being limited by the available steering angle.
  • Once it's done reconnect the steering and voila, calibration done without any damaged gears because 0 degrees was in some unreachable position.

In hindsight this approach seems kind of obvious but I thought I should share it anyway.

Do note that since it requires disconnecting the steering you should do this as soon as possible instead of waiting till you built the entire MOC.

Currently I'm working on the proper servo handling for BW3 including the auto-calibration too. I'll let you know when it's done.

5 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Currently I'm working on the proper servo handling for BW3 including the auto-calibration too. I'll let you know when it's done.

Awesome, thanks! BrickController2 is great!

Hi there,
I am missing feature to set a motor to specific angle by pressing a button. I have a gearbox controlled by PU L-motor, so I would like to have a button for each gear - motor in exact angle. I was able to implement that in PoweredApp, but got stuck when tried to do it in BrickController2.
Is this feature planned? 

12 hours ago, gamayun said:

Hi there,
I am missing feature to set a motor to specific angle by pressing a button. I have a gearbox controlled by PU L-motor, so I would like to have a button for each gear - motor in exact angle. I was able to implement that in PoweredApp, but got stuck when tried to do it in BrickController2.
Is this feature planned? 

I think it's possible by setting up a toggle button with the servo, but I have to check it...

12 hours ago, The Brick Fire Station said:

Hello guys. Anyone know if there is a way to use the app with a PFx Brick, or if there is a plan to add the function? Thank you. 

Hi, PFx Brick is not supported unfortunately as I don't have that device.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:44 PM, imurvai said:

Now that I understand how to 'work around' the lack of auto-calibration I'm actually quite happy with it. The lack of convenience is compensated by the extra precision of the manual calibration.

In other words, it's great if you add auto-calibration but I hope it will be optional. 😁

On 9/26/2022 at 8:05 AM, imurvai said:

Hi, Just got a BW3 for testing/fixing issues. I'll look into that...

In the Android's developer options the bluetooth trafic logging can be turned on. But it logs every BT communication so it's better to turn every BT device off but your phone and the Lego receiver you want to log. Then do some activity with the receiver and copy the logfile to PC (I can't remember its exact location and can vary phone by phone). On the PC I'm using Wireshark to analyze the BT log.

Unfortunately I don't have any MK device so I can't do the reverse engineering for that.

@imurvai any news on the BW3 servo issues? :) I really want to use it for controlling pneumatics, but its not really possible with BW3 and PU unfortunately. Its the only issue i have with the app. It works awesome for all my other models!

Edited by Stadamu

On 12/22/2022 at 8:15 AM, mla2 said:

Now that I understand how to 'work around' the lack of auto-calibration I'm actually quite happy with it. The lack of convenience is compensated by the extra precision of the manual calibration.

In other words, it's great if you add auto-calibration but I hope it will be optional. 😁

Yes, there will be option for manual calibration as well. The same way as for the Technic hub.

On 12/23/2022 at 10:05 PM, Stadamu said:

@imurvai any news on the BW3 servo issues? :) I really want to use it for controlling pneumatics, but its not really possible with BW3 and PU unfortunately. Its the only issue i have with the app. It works awesome for all my other models!

It's almost done, there is only one edge case I need to resolve.

On 12/28/2022 at 4:09 PM, imurvai said:

Yes, there will be option for manual calibration as well. The same way as for the Technic hub.

It's almost done, there is only one edge case I need to resolve.

Sounds great. Thank you for your work :)

Hi,

Please be informed that BrickController2 version 3.3 has been released for Android containing the servo support for BuWizz 3.

The iOS version will come later as my dev environment went down and need to be fixed.

Please let me know if you find any issues.

Happy playing! :)

5 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi,

Please be informed that BrickController2 version 3.3 has been released for Android containing the servo support for BuWizz 3.

The iOS version will come later as my dev environment went down and need to be fixed.

Please let me know if you find any issues.

Happy playing! :)

Thank you !

At first glance it is perfectly functional.
I just note that sometimes it needs 2-3 quick steps to return to center perfectly. But I don't think we can do much about it.

Personally I am very satisfied, thank you again :grin_wub:

44 minutes ago, vergogneless said:

Thank you !

At first glance it is perfectly functional.
I just note that sometimes it needs 2-3 quick steps to return to center perfectly. But I don't think we can do much about it.

Personally I am very satisfied, thank you again :grin_wub:

Thanks for the feedback. I try to set better PID values, or alternatively I'll consider adding a setting page for customizing the PID parameters.

4 hours ago, imurvai said:

Thanks for the feedback. I try to set better PID values, or alternatively I'll consider adding a setting page for customizing the PID parameters.

Oh nice thank you! 

Does buwizz 3.0 use current control or voltage control when used with brick controller? Rigged up 2 buwizz 3.0s in parallel and it works but the power comes in waves, I assume due to the output being current controlled  

55 minutes ago, Aerolight said:

Does buwizz 3.0 use current control or voltage control when used with brick controller? Rigged up 2 buwizz 3.0s in parallel and it works but the power comes in waves, I assume due to the output being current controlled  

I'm not sure how BW3 works internally (PWM I think?). And what do you mean by the power comes in waves? Can you make a video on it?

Sorry should have clarified it comes in waves with the buwizz app dont have controller with me to test with brick controller. Can still make a video if you are curious though 

Hi, I am using BC2 with BW3 - Is there any detailed instructions on the modes for different PU & PF motors. 

I'm guessing my way through at the moment with varied success - it's awesome but frustrating at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Is BW3 can handle more current when use with BC2 than offical BW app? My BW3 keep turn off while use with 2 BW motor.

10 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Is BW3 can handle more current when use with BC2 than offical BW app? My BW3 keep turn off while use with 2 BW motor.

No, my BW3 shut down too even with 2 fake buggy motors, with the BW app or with BC2...