On 4/29/2022 at 12:09 AM, wower said:

maybe i missed it, but has this topic been addressed? toshi mentioned the complex calbration.. is there some sort of manual available perhaps? i am not sure i understood all that.. :-)

any chance for a reply please? :-(

On 5/9/2022 at 11:59 AM, McMarky said:

Let me ask @imurvai two questions about the Brick Controller 2:

1. Does the latest version 3.2 for Android devices support the Buwizz 3.0 all of PoweredUp motor modes: normal, servo and stepper?

2. The same question for LEGO Powered UP HUB 88009?

Hi, yes both BW3 and PU hub supports normal and servo modes, stepper works somehow but not perfect.

9 hours ago, wower said:

any chance for a reply please? :-(

Sorry, what is the question exactly? BC2 has both auto and manual calibration for servo mode if you asked for that.

18 hours ago, imurvai said:

BC2 has both auto and manual calibration for servo mode if you asked for that.

It doesn't have auto calibration for PU motors on a Buwizz 3, right?

I couldn't find it when I tried using PU Large motor as servo on a Buwizz 3 in the latest app version. I did get the manual calibration to work but still had some troubles afterwards, it doesnt seem return to center as accurately and quickly as with the Buwizz app. 

Edited by mla2

my question was: 

"for PU M motor, acting as servo - shall I use servo mode (that seems to move the steering to the very maximum right position once connected) or normal mode (which seems to work, as in move left and right but won't return to center). I haven't found any calibration functionality so far"

(more people seem to experience issues with PU motors used as servos, I think - anything that you could share in that aspect would be much appreciated)

thanks again for your great app!

4 minutes ago, wower said:

for PU M motor, acting as servo

The 45303 has no method to set it to specific angles or read them from it's position, that's why it was called "simple medium linear motor"

Seems that it's not available any more.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:54 PM, mla2 said:

It doesn't have auto calibration for PU motors on a Buwizz 3, right?

I couldn't find it when I tried using PU Large motor as servo on a Buwizz 3 in the latest app version. I did get the manual calibration to work but still had some troubles afterwards, it doesnt seem return to center as accurately and quickly as with the Buwizz app. 

I've just got a Buwizz3 and found the same. It takes a couple of attempts to creep up on the center position, and doesn't always get it.

Auto calibration would be a boon, but as long as it's manual the OCD in me struggles with "nearest 5 degrees", because I know the center on my current project is between the teeth of a 20 tooth gear, so it's somewhere on a 9^ mark.

Istvan, do you plan to add support also for chinese Bluetooth batteries? I am using BC2 with my 4 units of Buwizz 2.0 and 2 TLG Powered-Up hub and it works perfectly, but I need to connect also my new chinese BT battery = Mould King 6.0 powered module (https://mouldking.store/shop/mould-king-m-0019-powered-module-6-channels/). It has 6 ports for PF motors and it will be usefull for me to be able to control 12 engines just with 2 BT batteries instead of 3 Buwizz.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:14 PM, Petr LUBAS said:

Istvan, do you plan to add support also for chinese Bluetooth batteries? I am using BC2 with my 4 units of Buwizz 2.0 and 2 TLG Powered-Up hub and it works perfectly, but I need to connect also my new chinese BT battery = Mould King 6.0 powered module (https://mouldking.store/shop/mould-king-m-0019-powered-module-6-channels/). It has 6 ports for PF motors and it will be usefull for me to be able to control 12 engines just with 2 BT batteries instead of 3 Buwizz.

Also interested if there will be a planned feature for this in the future. I would also send some MouldKing 4.0 Tx/Rx as hardware samples for testing / rev engineering. :D

Mouldking comes with a hardware-remote control (if buwizz or lego had that we wouldn't need BC2 app in the first place).. or what am I missing?

Not saying BC2 is bad (it's vital for buwizz/lego), but just saying MK is really what's needed (for kids to play, quick and easy - without mobile phone). If only it came in better quality and didn't have that big chaos around which hubs allow prop. steering and which don't).. :-/

Edited by wower

MouldKing has two posibilities to play with your own MOC - with physical controller or MK has also their own software app. This app allows you to control up to three PoweredModule 6 in one MOC by the app. You should only i 1st step choose which system you wanna control. 

I want to combine MouldKing BT battery with my Buwizz battery or with Lego remote system. I have also CaDa battery, but it is not BT battery but radio controlled battery with specific controller.

9 hours ago, Petr LUBAS said:

MouldKing has two posibilities to play with your own MOC - with physical controller or MK has also their own software app. This app allows you to control up to three PoweredModule 6 in one MOC by the app. You should only i 1st step choose which system you wanna control. 

I want to combine MouldKing BT battery with my Buwizz battery or with Lego remote system. I have also CaDa battery, but it is not BT battery but radio controlled battery with specific controller.

The problem with each product having it's own controller, is you cannot combine products, like a mouldking bt battery and a Buwizz in the same model, controlled using a single app. That's where brick controller 2 is so great, one app to control them all. I've used buwizz & sbrick together and it works great! 

Exactly, I don`t care about individual controller, but if BC2 can integrate also MouldKing BT battery (or another chinesse brand BT battery) it allows you to combine all of your "power sources" into one MOC. It will be great. My old 4 Buwizz costs me about 400,- EUR, One MouldKing BT 6 battery costs about 30,- EUR (already with physicall controller). Of course, stability of Buwizz is better than MouldKing but you can design functions based on this. Means steering and propulsion of MOC to be connected via Buwizz, 2 other ports of Buwizz can control important functions, Mouldking battery can control other functions where precise control is not required - outriggers, lifting of 3rd axle etc.

Hi @imurvai.
I'm starting to transition my combat robots over from Buwizz 2 to Buwizz 3 and I've encountered problems.

On my older Android devices, it appears that the app is completely unable to connect to Buwizz 3. 
On my somewhat newer devices, there are issues with a lag time between issuing commands with the gamepad and the Buwizz responding. There can be up to a half-second delay from when I press the joystick and the Buwizz 3 moving. There are also problems with commands not ending when joysticks are released.
The following video was taken with a Samsung J3 in command, and the Buwizz 3 is fully charged:

The results are consistent across all four Buwizz 3s that I own. I've never encountered such serious command lag with BC2 and Buwizz 2.

My devices are as follows:
-different Playstation 4 controllers used for all devices
Samsung Galaxy 4 - Android v5.0.1 - unable to connect to Buwizz 3
Samsung Galaxy S5 -  Android v6.0.1 - unable to connect to Buwizz 3
Samsung Galaxy J3 - Android v6.0.1 - serious lag time, sometimes at least a half second between issuing the command and the Buwizz 3 responding. Also serious problems where the Buwizz 3 is not issued a stop command after control release.
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ - Android v7 - lag time, up to a half second between issuing the command and the Buwizz 3 responding. Also serious problems where the Buwizz 3 is not issued a stop command after control release.
Samsung Galaxy S7 - Android v8 - lag time, up to a half second between issuing the command and the Buwizz 3 responding. Also occasional problems where the Buwizz 3 is not issued a stop command after control release.

Brick Controller is v3.2, but I've also tested with v3.0. Command lag appears to be less severe with newer models of phone.

control scheme is tank drive set up on a single joystick.
Tank Drive -- Right joystick:
up-down: Port 2, Port 3 inv
left-right: Port 2 inv, Port 3 inv
Spinning Weapon -- Left Joystick
up-down: Port A

Is there any quick fix for the lag? 

12 hours ago, Hamischlammengamen said:

Hi @imurvai.
I'm starting to transition my combat robots over from Buwizz 2 to Buwizz 3 and I've encountered problems.

On my older Android devices, it appears that the app is completely unable to connect to Buwizz 3. 
On my somewhat newer devices, there are issues with a lag time between issuing commands with the gamepad and the Buwizz responding. There can be up to a half-second delay from when I press the joystick and the Buwizz 3 moving. There are also problems with commands not ending when joysticks are released.
The following video was taken with a Samsung J3 in command, and the Buwizz 3 is fully charged:

The results are consistent across all four Buwizz 3s that I own. I've never encountered such serious command lag with BC2 and Buwizz 2.

My devices are as follows:
-different Playstation 4 controllers used for all devices
Samsung Galaxy 4 - Android v5.0.1 - unable to connect to Buwizz 3
Samsung Galaxy S5 -  Android v6.0.1 - unable to connect to Buwizz 3
Samsung Galaxy J3 - Android v6.0.1 - serious lag time, sometimes at least a half second between issuing the command and the Buwizz 3 responding. Also serious problems where the Buwizz 3 is not issued a stop command after control release.
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ - Android v7 - lag time, up to a half second between issuing the command and the Buwizz 3 responding. Also serious problems where the Buwizz 3 is not issued a stop command after control release.
Samsung Galaxy S7 - Android v8 - lag time, up to a half second between issuing the command and the Buwizz 3 responding. Also occasional problems where the Buwizz 3 is not issued a stop command after control release.

Brick Controller is v3.2, but I've also tested with v3.0. Command lag appears to be less severe with newer models of phone.

control scheme is tank drive set up on a single joystick.
Tank Drive -- Right joystick:
up-down: Port 2, Port 3 inv
left-right: Port 2 inv, Port 3 inv
Spinning Weapon -- Left Joystick
up-down: Port A

Is there any quick fix for the lag? 

I have this exact problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+ and I'm using a a Steelseries Stratus Duo controller. BC2 version 3.2

50 minutes ago, frechettemj said:

I have this exact problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+ and I'm using a a Steelseries Stratus Duo controller. BC2 version 3.2

I've also used it on a Steelseries controller and the problem seems to be even worse.

If your phone does dupport it, maybe try to connect the gamepad with an OTG-USB cable to your phone to reduce the load on the bluetooth connection.

Finally I bought an Xbox Series controller to be used with BrickController, as that seems to be well supported by iOS devices. I have tested it with a Technic Hub, it works fine, even the servo auto-calibrates and works fine, and I can adjust it with manual calibration (though it would be nice to have more accuracy there with +/- buttons instead of the slider and 5 degree increments).

However, I currently need it for a BuWizz3 model. It connects fine and basic control of motors works, except I cannot calibrate the servo for steering. When I set the motor type to servo and go to the config screen, it connects to the BuWizz3 but the buttons on the config screen seem to be disabled, neither the auto-calibration, nor the manual calibration button seems to be active or have any effect when I try to press them. @imurvai should they be active/working for BuWizz3, or is this something that's not implemented? Without this it's pretty cumbersome to use for steering; the only way I could get it to work is to build the model such that the steering is centered on exactly the zero position of the motor (which I suspect is the absolute zero position of the motor, and not the closest 90 degree position).

On 4/23/2022 at 7:43 PM, wower said:

for PU M motor, acting as servo - shall I use servo mode (that seems to move the steering to the very maximum right position once connected)

And I think this is the answer to this question of @wower, initially I had the same, it went to the maximum right position after startup, then I rotated the steering gear in my build 90 degrees (technically moved the steering rack under it) and now it is centered properly.

Any chance to address this issue? Is there anything that prohibits enabling calibration for BuWizz3?

One more thing, I have the feeling that the servo does not operate with full power, as it does not always move under my model's weight when the model is stationary, however, with the Controlz app, it does move with ease, that one seems to use more power. Is the servo power limited in the app?

Edited by gyenesvi

On 6/2/2022 at 2:14 PM, Petr LUBAS said:

@imurvai

I also think it would be nice and useful if the app was compatible with Mold King Powered Module.  The original app is pretty rough and the intermodality with other systems would be very interesting...

If It'is needing to contribute in any way it shouldn't be a problem

The most important for that would be to understand the protocol the MK hub uses. In the absence of publicly-available documentation (which I think it's extremely likely, given what we're dealing with), that'd require either reverse-engineering the app or sniffing the Bluetooth communications between app and hub.

16 hours ago, AVCampos said:

The most important for that would be to understand the protocol the MK hub uses. In the absence of publicly-available documentation (which I think it's extremely likely, given what we're dealing with), that'd require either reverse-engineering the app or sniffing the Bluetooth communications between app and hub.

What sniffer app do you suggest, android?

I have no idea, I never looked into that. I wouldn't be surprised if BT communication is inherently encrypted, so I guess an intermediary device would have to be set up to relay stuff between phone and hub, and listen to what passes through it.

Again, I'm no expert in the matter, so I'm just spitballing here.

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

I have no idea, I never looked into that. I wouldn't be surprised if BT communication is inherently encrypted, so I guess an intermediary device would have to be set up to relay stuff between phone and hub, and listen to what passes through it.

Again, I'm no expert in the matter, so I'm just spitballing here.

BT protocol is well known..  but yeah rev engineering may be some efforts...

Don't know if a) the Buwizz APK can be installed on an emulated device on pc and b) if this would somehow help to gather the the correct commands..

On 7/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, Hamischlammengamen said:

Hi @imurvai.

Hi, Just got a BW3 for testing/fixing issues. I'll look into that...

11 hours ago, Rifka said:

What sniffer app do you suggest, android?

In the Android's developer options the bluetooth trafic logging can be turned on. But it logs every BT communication so it's better to turn every BT device off but your phone and the Lego receiver you want to log. Then do some activity with the receiver and copy the logfile to PC (I can't remember its exact location and can vary phone by phone). On the PC I'm using Wireshark to analyze the BT log.

Unfortunately I don't have any MK device so I can't do the reverse engineering for that.

15 hours ago, imurvai said:

Unfortunately I don't have any MK device so I can't do the reverse engineering for that.

I could send you 1-2 devices (4.0 sytem) for reverse engineering - I also would take the delivery costs from Germany (or just fund you via PayPal to order yourself some - should be nearly the same amount of money..).

Or would it be enough to gather up the BT signals via wireshark and hand you the results in (maybe with an order of which buttons were pressed, to create a mapping out of the signals)? I could also assist in this (old Android device laying around, would just need to get Android Dev Studio and ADB to work for getting the debuging-capabilities)

Edited by aFrInaTi0n

43 minutes ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

I could send you 1-2 devices (4.0 sytem) for reverse engineering - I also would take the delivery costs from Germany (or just fund you via PayPal to order yourself some - should be nearly the same amount of money..).

Or would it be enough to gather up the BT signals via wireshark and hand you the results in (maybe with an order of which buttons were pressed, to create a mapping out of the signals)? I could also assist in this (old Android device laying around, would just need to get Android Dev Studio and ADB to work for getting the debuging-capabilities)

Or if we collaborate economically to get him a Powered Module 6.0 (which so far is the most complete system among those produced by MK and intercompatible)?