@imurvaiThanks for the awesome app! Especially like the ability to combine different hubs / units in one MOC. On that topic, any plans to include support for Circuit Cubes? the small motors and small hub might be ideal on some part of a moc (on top of a crane, in a trailer or attachment for tractor for example) while the main part is controlled by buwizz/sbrick/control+ hub.

Edit: Found this topic by @Asper  suggesting they are willing to share the details of the bluetooth protocol!

Edited by Arie

On 7/5/2021 at 4:52 PM, McMarky said:

I use this feature to control pneumatics. Controlling a valve and an air pump at once with one joystick enables to operate pneumatic cylinders precisely.

Unfortunately, I encountered an issue while controlling more than one valve at once. Namely, because an air pump motor is connected to a few buttons, in some cases it gets conflicting orders. So, one joystick forces it to revolve clockwise while another counter clockwise. As a result the motor stops.

If it's possible in sake of an app coding and you would be so kind and implement my suggestion, nothing would make me more happy than a small ABS toggle button next to the "Invert" button. The function should enable to read only absolut value of a joystick deflection, without +/- direction. With the function switched on the joysticks deflected in opposite direction wouldn't sent conflict orders to the same motor. Further feature could be another toggle button CW/CCW (clockwise/counter clockwise) enabled after switching on the ABS button.

Hi, Interesting idea, I'll put it on my TODO list.

4 hours ago, Arie said:

@imurvaiThanks for the awesome app! Especially like the ability to combine different hubs / units in one MOC. On that topic, any plans to include support for Circuit Cubes? the small motors and small hub might be ideal on some part of a moc (on top of a crane, in a trailer or attachment for tractor for example) while the main part is controlled by buwizz/sbrick/control+ hub.

Edit: Found this topic by @Asper  suggesting they are willing to share the details of the bluetooth protocol!

Hi, I haven't heard of Circuit Cubes so far but looks interesting. Once they publish the bluetooth protocol I can try adding support for it in BC2.

Does anyone have a link to the latest version in an APK format?  I'm planning on installing on a few old phones and don't want to sign in with my google credentials.  Alternatively if you have a link to a tutorial on how to pull the APK from my main phone that has it installed that would work as well.

Edited by Great Ball Pit

8 hours ago, Great Ball Pit said:

Does anyone have a link to the latest version in an APK format?  I'm planning on installing on a few old phones and don't want to sign in with my google credentials.  Alternatively if you have a link to a tutorial on how to pull the APK from my main phone that has it installed that would work as well.

https://apkpure.com/brickcontroller-2/com.scn.BrickController2

Firstly I am sorry if this have been asked before, I am having a hard time using the sites seach function. :pir-sceptic:

My question is about the SBrick Light hub, is this surportted in the BrickController app? Can you make the same function e.g. turn lights, backing lights that only light up when driving backwards?

3 hours ago, Kio Liex said:

Firstly I am sorry if this have been asked before, I am having a hard time using the sites seach function. :pir-sceptic:

My question is about the SBrick Light hub, is this surportted in the BrickController app? Can you make the same function e.g. turn lights, backing lights that only light up when driving backwards?

Hmm, I never heard of this sbrick light, but as I can see the updated protocol contains info about it. So I'll try to add it to BC2.

13 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Hmm, I never heard of this sbrick light, but as I can see the updated protocol contains info about it. So I'll try to add it to BC2.

Hello,

You can find here : https://social.sbrick.com/custom/The_SBrick_BLE_Protocol.pdf

Jo

I use Powered Up L motors as servo motors. The motors are defined as servo motors in the BrickController2 app and 98% of the time they work perfectly as servo motors. But sometimes it happens that a motor moves to the end position without a command and stays there. All other functions can then still be operated correctly, only the motor no longer reacts. The problem can only be solved by re-establishing the connection between the model and the app. Does anyone else have such problems besides me?

Thanks a lot!

Maybe this was asked before ( I didn't read the whole topic ), but can this app be used with the mindstorms 51515 set?

( I guess it can't be by default, but maybe by installing other firmware on the 51515? )

I'm still not sure if the Prime hub (used in 51515 and 45678) uses standard Bluetooth instead of BLE like the other PUp hubs.

23 hours ago, AVCampos said:

I'm still not sure if the Prime hub (used in 51515 and 45678) uses standard Bluetooth instead of BLE like the other PUp hubs.

It uses BTC (Bluetooth Classic) for connections to computers/smartphones. Remote Python commands are beeing used for the "streaming mode". However the Hubs also have BLE. That is beeing used for Hub2Hub communication (included in the latest RI software update) and some python libraries to connect other PUP hubs to the RI/SPIKE hub.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:41 PM, jovel said:

Maybe this was asked before ( I didn't read the whole topic ), but can this app be used with the mindstorms 51515 set?

( I guess it can't be by default, but maybe by installing other firmware on the 51515? )

Hi, Unfortunately I don't have that set, so it's unlikely I can add support for it.

On 2/3/2016 at 1:07 PM, imurvai said:

BrickController2 is an Android and iOS application that allows you to control your Lego models using a compatible gamepad.
It supports the following devices:
- SBrick
- BuWizz 1-2
- Lego Powered-Up devices: Boost, PUP HUB and Technic HUB (or Control+)
- PF infrared (on Android devices having infrared emitter).

Hi,

I got Ipega 9156 and am trying to get it working with my Galaxy s21 Ultra. I can pair it with my phone.

I can see my Buwizz 2 battery in the controller app and the sliders can control the motor.

I created a new creation in the app but When I try to add controller events and move a joy or press a button nothing happens.

Can someone help please?

If its not possible with Samsung S21 Ultra, which is the best controller that will work with BC2 with my phone?

Thanks,

Ravi

Edited by Milan
Do not quote the whole block of pictures and text.

21 hours ago, RaviTalele said:

Hi,

I got Ipega 9156 and am trying to get it working with my Galaxy s21 Ultra. I can pair it with my phone.

I can see my Buwizz 2 battery in the controller app and the sliders can control the motor.

I created a new creation in the app but When I try to add controller events and move a joy or press a button nothing happens.

Can someone help please?

If its not possible with Samsung S21 Ultra, which is the best controller that will work with BC2 with my phone?

Thanks,

Ravi

Hi, I don't know that particular controller but if you managed to pair with your phone it should work somehow. Usually there are 3-4 different modes the controller can operate, please check the manual how to switch between them and try each. There is also a controller tester built in in BC2 you can test your controller with.

Hi,

I'm using the Xbox series X controlled together with a Buwizz and BC2. While the app is great in allowing a physical controller to interface with the Buwizz, for anything that goes moderately fast, I'm noticing considerable input lag, and a significant reduction in working range compared to using just the Buwizz app.

Granted my phone (OnePlus 5) is over 4 years old now, but is the input lag and reduced range expected?

Thanks!

@imurvai I finally took my time to capture the issue with HUB NO0.4 / 88009. Sorry for taking so long.

I don't have the same issue with big Technic Hub nor with Sbrick on the same phone/gamepad/app setup so it's either that there is an issue with the app or with my HUB NO.4.

The jitter visible with PoweredUP! app is just because the motor is not locked in place/is really negligible in comparison to what happens when using your app.

I haven't tried this with any other phone as my previous phone has issue with connecting to the XBO gamepad. I may have poor BT controller in my phone though, but it works a lot better with Technic Hub / Sbrick.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:39 PM, imurvai said:

Hi, I don't know that particular controller but if you managed to pair with your phone it should work somehow. Usually there are 3-4 different modes the controller can operate, please check the manual how to switch between them and try each. There is also a controller tester built in in BC2 you can test your controller with.

Hi,

I got the manual from https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dywwtx1sfdo2z7/BrickController User Guide.docx?dl=0

Controller tester - Its blank. Nothing happens when pressed a button or joy.

Couldn't find the  modes anywhere in the app.

Please help or suggest a controller that will work.

I have an iPega 9055, which works well with BC2 and all the Android devices I tested it with. It has an "iOS/Android" switch, which I keep set to "Android"; does yours have something like that, or a button combination to switch modes?

On 9/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, RaviTalele said:

Hi,

I got the manual from https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dywwtx1sfdo2z7/BrickController User Guide.docx?dl=0

Controller tester - Its blank. Nothing happens when pressed a button or joy.

Couldn't find the  modes anywhere in the app.

Please help or suggest a controller that will work.

Hi, the controller modes can be changed on the controller itself somehow (if it supports multiple modes), but the way how it can be changed depends on the actual model.

Basically any bluetooth controller is suitable that can be paired with your Android phone. For iOS 13+ PS4 or XBox One controllers OK.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:02 PM, AVCampos said:

I have an iPega 9055, which works well with BC2 and all the Android devices I tested it with. It has an "iOS/Android" switch, which I keep set to "Android"; does yours have something like that, or a button combination to switch modes?

Thanks AVCampos for your reply.

Yes , ipega 9156 has separate press buttons for iOS and Android apart from Select, Turbo and Clear. Not sure how to use in this context. Can you please guide?

If it doesn't have a hardware selector to switch between iOS and Android, I don't know what button combinations to use. Its product page has a downloadable manual, maybe it shows there how to switch?

@imurvai Do you have any ideas about what could be wrong with my Hub NO.4 setup?

Does anyone use HUB NO.4/88009 with this app?

I bought this hub specifically for smaller builds and I like to use pre-configurable steering angle without range test which can break steering in some smaller builds, and also I prefer tactile controls.

1 hour ago, SaperPL said:

Does anyone use HUB NO.4/88009 with this app?

I use this app with 1 of my MOCs with this hub and noticed similar issues trying to calibrate a medium lineair motor (# 88008, not the basic PUp M-motor, but the 6x4 studs on top which afaik can be used as a servo, unlike the basic M-motor). Until now I thought it was in the motor not working with the software, but perhaps it's something with the hub, since you have the same issue with a L-motor. I could test it later with Technic hub like you, but what I did notice with the M-motor is that it can do angles perfectly when I set the motor as "steppermotor" instead of as a "servo motor" in the brickcontroller 2 app settings. Once I set it as a servo it would turn further to the right than the left for example (similar to your video). Maybe it's a little bug in imurvai's great software or there's another issue which he simply can't fix due to Lego's stuff? So far I settled on using the "steppermotor" setting.