I just tested the latest iOS version with the L motor acting as a servo and it really has some issues, at some points it seems to be working normally but then there's a significant lag and sometimes it gets stuck at the endpoint. The calibration process runs fine though. Did not experience anything similar in the Android version.

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

I just tested the latest iOS version with the L motor acting as a servo and it really has some issues, at some points it seems to be working normally but then there's a significant lag and sometimes it gets stuck at the endpoint. The calibration process runs fine though. Did not experience anything similar in the Android version.

that's it! The same!

3 hours ago, kbalage said:

Yes, the Android and iOS codebase is the same. Not sure why the endpoint issue is happening, I'm testing and releasing a possible fix very soon...

15 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hmm, weird. Could anyone of you tryĀ this 2.5alpha versionĀ ? I'm trying to improve the responsiveness of the app in this update and hopefully resolves the servo functionality too.

Servo works better with this version. Nevertheless it misses center point up to 5Ā° after each steering input. Yet versionĀ 2.3 is the best one in terms of servo functionality because motor behaves with it just like in Control+.

Edited by apachaihapachai

Ok, I've set back the C+ servo parameters as they were in version 2.3 and added fix for the servo getting stuck issue. Version 2.5 is on its way in both stores, currently it's being reviewed...

I've finally got it working :cry_happy:
Thank you so much for your feedback and encouragement, @AVCampos and @imurvai.

What i endet up doing:
- Buy a cheap Samsung Galaxy S5 (~30ā‚¬)
- Try it with the original Android 6: C+ Hub gets recognised (Wuhu!), XBox Controller doesn't (Dang it!)
- Install lineage OS 16, attemp it there: XBox Controller gets recognised (Yippie!), C+ Hub doesn't (Wait what?)
- Search for a middle ground, find and install lineage 14.1: XBox Controller and C+ Hub get recognised (f finally!)

Although i'm incredibly happy to have worked it out for a small price i'm more confused than ever.
Somehow lineage OS 16 enables or disables the functionality of the app (as proven by the difference between the LG G2 and S5). This implies that some features Brickcontroller2 uses to connect to the C+ Hub get lost from lineage 14 to lineage 16 - but only for Samsung phones?! Maybe my S4 Mini might even be able to run Brickcontroller with a different operating system?

That's all from me for now. I'll be back playing with Lego instead of phones :sweet:

@schraubedrinĀ It's cool you finally managed to get it work and thank for the info regarding the lineage os. It's good to know issues can happen with that.

BTW BC2 version 2.5 went live for Android in the meantime containing the servo fix. iOS version is still under review...

9 hours ago, imurvai said:

@schraubedrinĀ It's cool you finally managed to get it work and thank for the info regarding the lineage os. It's good to know issues can happen with that.

BTW BC2 version 2.5 went live for Android in the meantime containing the servo fix. iOS version is still under review...

I can confirm that servo works good now if you set axis dead zone to 0. If it is not 0 servo can and will eventually miss centerĀ point.Ā For example 10% dead zone will generate about 9Ā°Ā gap for zero position.

Edited by apachaihapachai

17 minutes ago, apachaihapachai said:

I can confirm that servo works good now if you set axis dead zone to 0. If it is not 0 servo can and will eventually miss centerĀ point.Ā For example 10% dead zone will generate about 9Ā°Ā gap for zero position.

Hmm, strange. Thanks for the feedback, I'll check the dead zone setting...

Is there anywhere that people have specifically discussed/reviewed their BlueTooth controller for use with this App?Ā  I know there's some comments through out this thread, but it's tough shifting.Ā  Is there another Eurobricks thread, or is there a BrickController2 forum somewhere, or a reddit or anything?

imurvai, the only thing more impressive than this app is your dedication.

@JuxtapoissonĀ I don't think there's anything else apart from this thread. I use anĀ ipegaĀ PG-9025 controller with my Android device and aĀ SteelSeriesĀ Nimbus with an iPad, both work well.Ā 

Ok, so I have a new Xbox 1 controller and it is seemingly happily paired to my Oneplus 6T.Ā  The app sees the controller and reports back numeric values from physical inputs.Ā  I am off to the basement to twiddle with options.

How can I help?

I don't know anything about apps, but I have a lot of stuff.Ā  I have 2 new Buzzwizzs, an Sbrick bought last year (currently hacked into a bucket excavator).Ā  2 boost sets in misc MOCs.Ā  A smattering of PF stuff with some IR.Ā  A PF train motor.Ā  Access to my wife's 9V metal track train stuff (probably useless here), Znaps (also useless), Mindstorms 1 (useless) and 3 (I'm not an expert), Liebherr R 9800 still in it's box, 6 Gobrix.

My phone does NOT have an IR transmitter.

What can I help test?

Ā 

Edit:Ā  To anyone else going down this road.Ā  I tried all morning to connect a Wii remote to my phone.Ā  It should work, but at least my phone won't "skip" the password entry.

Edited by Juxtapoisson

A bypass for having no IR transmitter on my smartphone.

Note that the technology is the joke.Ā  The bad driving, bad videography, and bad building are merely bonuses.

Hi there,

This is my first message on the eurobricks forum.Ā 

I've got some trouble using my gamepad with the Brick Controller 2 app and an Sbrick (latest firmware).

In the BC2-app I can find the Sbrick and test it, it works fine. When I connect my gamepad (Trust GXT 590) it works in the Controller Tester. The problem presents itself when I try to change the Default Profile. I cannot add controller events. When I do something on the gamepad, the app doesn't notice. So I can't assign Sbrick outputs to actions on the gamepad.

I noticed my phone thinks the gamepad is a physical keyboard and I'm prompted to choose a lay-out and a language. Maybe that is causing some issues?

Ā 

If anyone can help this would be wonderfull.

Ā 

Ā 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:36 PM, Juxtapoisson said:

A bypass for having no IR transmitter on my smartphone.

Tricky! :)

12 hours ago, pieter7727 said:

In the BC2-app I can find the Sbrick and test it, it works fine. When I connect my gamepad (Trust GXT 590) it works in the Controller Tester. The problem presents itself when I try to change the Default Profile. I cannot add controller events. When I do something on the gamepad, the app doesn't notice. So I can't assign Sbrick outputs to actions on the gamepad.

I noticed my phone thinks the gamepad is a physical keyboard and I'm prompted to choose a lay-out and a language. Maybe that is causing some issues?

Usually gamepads have 3-4 modes they can operate with. Try changing that modes. But if the controller tester worked then I don't see why you could not add events.

I trying use with C+ hub with L motor as servo.(set 42109) But when I press green start button, L motor turn ccw as possible as it can. And don't come back even I do not anything with controller. How can I solve it?

And I'd like to suggest a feature, can you make C+ servo calibrationĀ available for the button?

5 hours ago, msk6003 said:

I trying use with C+ hub with L motor as servo.(set 42109) But when I press green start button, L motor turn ccw as possible as it can. And don't come back even I do not anything with controller. How can I solve it?

And I'd like to suggest a feature, can you make C+ servo calibrationĀ available for the button?

After doing the calibration did you press the checkmark on the top right corner of the screen? It is essential otherwise the calibration data is lost.

I don't think the calibration is needed during playing because if the model is properly calibrated the servo should start at the calculated position.

36 minutes ago, imurvai said:

After doing the calibration did you press the checkmark on the top right corner of the screen? It is essential otherwise the calibration data is lost.

I don't think the calibration is needed during playing because if the model is properly calibrated the servo should start at the calculated position.

Now working well. Thanks.

One feature request: can you add support to control Power Functions through the Boost Light and distance sensor?

It can actually serve as Power Functions Remote, as discussed atĀ 

Ā 

I just like to report that the following controller works flawlessly with iPad/iPhone with iOS 13:

XBox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth, Model 1708

I even managed to pair two controllers but the BC2 app only recognizes one of them.

6 minutes ago, tismabrick said:

I even managed to pair two controllers but the BC2 app only recognizes one of them.

Hmm, that's an interesting concept: several gamepads, controlling several models, all using a single phone/tablet.

5 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Hmm, that's an interesting concept: several gamepads, controlling several models, all using a single phone/tablet.

Yes, I also thought about this idea recently. Unfortunately the current version doesn't differentiate the controllers.

It would be really great if this would be possible. The SBrick app also supports only one controller. Hope itā€˜sĀ not an iOS limitation.

Would test it as soon as you add this functionality. Hint, hint....;)Ā 

Edited by tismabrick

Hi, tried to download app to iPad (5) running os10 App Store reports that the app is not compatible with my device. The app Webb site says it is, as anybody else had this problem and if so how did you get around it.

thanksĀ