Hi

I use SteelSeries Nimbus on iPhone XS (iOS 13.2.3) with BuWizz2 and I experience apx. 0.5sec - 1sec lag. It's very distinctiv lag and its impossible to drive fast cars like this... Any idea on how to fix that, if possible?

Controller othewise works great with games on iOS, appleTV etc, no lag at all.

PS. Enyone who has experience with IR transmitter on iOS and BrickController? Is that supported and which IR should I use?

6 hours ago, nikbok said:

Hi

I use SteelSeries Nimbus on iPhone XS (iOS 13.2.3) with BuWizz2 and I experience apx. 0.5sec - 1sec lag. It's very distinctiv lag and its impossible to drive fast cars like this... Any idea on how to fix that, if possible?

Controller othewise works great with games on iOS, appleTV etc, no lag at all.

PS. Enyone who has experience with IR transmitter on iOS and BrickController? Is that supported and which IR should I use?

Hmm, that lag is weird, even on that powerful phone. Are you experiencing such a lag using the official app? And what about the controller tester screen, is that laggy too? Are there other bluetooth devices connected to your phone when you were playing?

IR is not supported in any way in BC2 iOS version.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:47 PM, imurvai said:

Hi, to be honest I don't know if the Steam controller works on iOS. The Sony PS4 and XBox controllers are working from iOS 13 that's for sure.

Hello again and thanks for the answer.

Steam controller works on iOS with an app. They are on a HUGE sale right now, so I bought one, and will inform you about connectivity when it arrives.

43 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Hmm, that lag is weird, even on that powerful phone. Are you experiencing such a lag using the official app? And what about the controller tester screen, is that laggy too? Are there other bluetooth devices connected to your phone when you were playing?

IR is not supported in any way in BC2 iOS version.

I did some more testing and find out that if I create and change settings of certain profile, like you do when making new creation, test back and forth, change, test etc... It has tendency to become laggy, not always but offen. I turned off BT on my iPhone, restarted gamepad, restarted the BC2.app and without doing any changes to any creation or profile connected to both BuWizz that I have i my creation, and everithing work fine without noticable lag, hmmmm.... It seems that testing/connecting to single/all BuWizzes may have some impact on latency/lag. I'm not sure if this issue is comming from the app, iOS or controll unit, or a combination of all of this is a problem.

To answer you questions:
- no lag with official app,
- no other BT devices connected (controller and 2 BuWizzes only)
- when issue occur it will be noticable in controller test screen too

Not to forget, BC.app has really great idea and is simply "must have" for any powered Lego fan... 

For a wishlist if possible:

- 2 or 3 logaritmic/exponential curves with different progression, let's call them soft, normal and hard logarithmic and exponential curves, or to be able to apply custom factor to basic curve shape?

- Button type that will increase/decrease output value in custom steps eg. 10% 0-10-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-90-100 and 100-90-...20-10-0. Or to be able to choose number of steps from 0-100. This would mimic slider behaviour but with buttons, sort off...

- Would it be possible to connect BuWizz mode function (low-normal-high-ludicrour) to a button (or buttons) on a controller?

Edited by nikbok

39 minutes ago, nikbok said:

I did some more testing and find out that if I create and change settings of certain profile, like you do when making new creation, test back and forth, change, test etc... It has tendency to become laggy, not always but offen. I turned off BT on my iPhone, restarted gamepad, restarted the BC2.app and without doing any changes to any creation or profile connected to both BuWizz that I have i my creation, and everithing work fine without noticable lag, hmmmm.... It seems that testing/connecting to single/all BuWizzes may have some impact on latency/lag. I'm not sure if this issue is comming from the app, iOS or controll unit, or a combination of all of this is a problem.

To answer you questions:

Thanks for the detailed description these are very valuable inputs, I'll test it with my iOS device too and see if I can reproduce it...

21 minutes ago, nikbok said:

Not to forget, BC.app has really great idea and is simply "must have" for any powered Lego fan... 

For a wishlist if possible:

- 2 or 3 logaritmic/exponential curves with different progression, let's call them soft, normal and hard logarithmic and exponential curves, or to be able to apply custom factor to basic curve shape?

- Button type that will increase/decrease output value in custom steps eg. 10% 0-10-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-90-100 and 100-90-...20-10-0. Or to be able to choose number of steps from 0-100. This would mimic slider behaviour but with buttons, sort off...

- Would it be possible to connect BuWizz mode function (low-normal-high-ludicrour) to a button (or buttons) on a controller?

1. that is a good idea and I think fairly easy to add.
2. this is what I'm currently working on :)
3. it was requested by many users so I'll consider implementing it.

Could you implement in your app some sort of simple sequence like in sbrick? For example to make traffic indicators or warning lights, like in Lasse D trucks? Anyway, your app really saves us from the problems with sbrick app. Keep up your wonderful work! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, nikbok said:

To answer you questions:

One more thing which may be obvious but good to know, if controller is low on battaery like 20% or less, issue is even more pronounced. If iPhone is low on battery I can not reproduce issue more often. It may have something to do with signal streght of controller, depending on battery state

On 11/30/2019 at 6:42 PM, imurvai said:

3. it was requested by many users so I'll consider implementing it.

Would it be possible to control each device separately or all of them has to go together?

I'm thinking of having separate profile for each device eg. I'd like to have one BuWizz(A) in low mode and other two (B&C) in fast mode as default, as well as button that will change/loop mode for two devices (B&C) together.

I know it's much to ask, but hey your briliant app just givs me more and more idéas...

Edited by nikbok

On 11/30/2019 at 8:39 PM, xsysiek said:

Could you implement in your app some sort of simple sequence like in sbrick? For example to make traffic indicators or warning lights, like in Lasse D trucks? Anyway, your app really saves us from the problems with sbrick app. Keep up your wonderful work! :thumbup:

This is on my TODO list too :)

23 hours ago, nikbok said:

Would it be possible to control each device separately or all of them has to go together?

I'm thinking of having separate profile for each device eg. I'd like to have one BuWizz(A) in low mode and other two (B&C) in fast mode as default, as well as button that will change/loop mode for two devices (B&C) together.

Technically it is possible, I just need to figure out how it is feasible in a user friendly way.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:17 PM, nikbok said:

One more thing which may be obvious but good to know, if controller is low on battaery like 20% or less, issue is even more pronounced. If iPhone is low on battery I can not reproduce issue more often. It may have something to do with signal streght of controller, depending on battery state

Hmm, I'll try to reproduce it too. Thanks for the update.

Hi István,

I really like your app but I can't get it to work. I hope you can help.

My iphone 6 can connect to my new ipega 9156 controller but the app Brickcontroller2 can not find it. The ipega 9156 is also for iOS.

I have given Brickcontroller2 access to Locations but nothing seems to work.

It's weird my iphone has no problem connecting to the ipega 9156 and Brickcontroller2 can find my Buwizz. (Buwizz turned off while trying to connect to ipega 9156.)

Do you think I can solve this or buy a different controller? Which controller works for sure with my iphone 6 and Buwizz??

Thanks in advance!

Ronald

Edited by Ronald123

1 hour ago, Ronald123 said:

Hi István,

I really like your app but I can't get it to work. I hope you can help.

My iphone 6 can connect to my new ipega 9156 controller but the app Brickcontroller2 can not find it. The ipega 9156 is also for iOS.

I have given Brickcontroller2 access to Locations but nothing seems to work.

It's weird my iphone has no problem connecting to the ipega 9156 and Brickcontroller2 can find my Buwizz. (Buwizz turned off while trying to connect to ipega 9156.)

Do you think I can solve this or buy a different controller? Which controller works for sure with my iphone 6 and Buwizz??

Thanks in advance!

Ronald

I don't know that particular controller but on iOS the controller has to be an MFI compatible one. On iOS 13 and above the XBox One and Sony PS4 controllers are also supported.
I found a list of MFI controllers here that should work with BC2: https://mashtips.com/gaming-controller-iphone-ipad/
Personally I'm using a Mad Catz C.T.R.L. controller for iOS.

Hi István,

Thanks for the fast reply!

I didn't know it had to be MFI compatible. The controller has a separate iOS button so thought that would be good enough. I will return it and buy a MFI compatible one. Thanks for the link. There are only a few options I see now. Really only 3-4 different controllers and 1 is your Mad Catz.

I like the 2 dual joysticks in the middle so that brings me to the SteelSeries Nimbus. Unfortunately it does not have a phone holder but I can buy that separately.

Too bad they are 60 euro so I am going second hand.

I can't wait to control my RC Buwizz cars!

Yesterday I motorised the 42037 Off Road Formula. I modified a great MOC (with set 42037) made by someone else.

With 1 buggy 5292, 1 servo and 1 buwizz it drives great!

You can get the free instructions (unmodified) here:

http://buildinst.cz/en/catalog/detail/282

To add the buggy motor is super easy. Just remove nr 7 axle at the back, remove the exhaust pipes, place the buggy motor vertically, and put the exhaust pipes back.

And then add a 20 tooth gear 32269 with nr. 5 axle at the differential.

You can easily install the servo by detaching the front suspension from the chassis by removing 4 black pins at the bottom. Use a couple longer blue pins to connect the servo. To make room for the Buwizz, remove the "hand of god" steering.

Those buggy motors and buwizz are great!

Dear Imurvai

Hi, I’m so intersted in BC2 which lead me to purchase a PU set (42100) & a MFI gamepad (goplay sidekick).

I’ve experienced the gamepad problem, infact in Controller tester screen when I press any key it shows a

balck (with grid lines), it’s strange because the gamepad works fine in my Iphone even in sbrick app!

It would be great if you could help me on this issue … My goal was to control New smart hubs.

Regards

Iphone XR - IOS 13 - BC2  v2.3

https://www.kanex.com/goplay-sidekick

7 hours ago, Abdi said:

Dear Imurvai

Hi, I’m so intersted in BC2 which lead me to purchase a PU set (42100) & a MFI gamepad (goplay sidekick).

I’ve experienced the gamepad problem, infact in Controller tester screen when I press any key it shows a

balck (with grid lines), it’s strange because the gamepad works fine in my Iphone even in sbrick app!

It would be great if you could help me on this issue … My goal was to control New smart hubs.

Regards

Iphone XR - IOS 13 - BC2  v2.3

https://www.kanex.com/goplay-sidekick

Hi, Can you send me a screenshot on the controller tester screen when you press a button or move a joy?

Sorry due to new membership policy I couldn't send in message,

Here it is:

New Note.jpeg

Edited by Abdi

Before building 42100 i wanted to try the brickcontroller app.

While i succeded in connecing a XBox One Controller, the app can't seem to find the control+ hub.

"Scanning" just returns four times "PF Infra" recievers, no matter how i try (the c+ hub should blink like a strobe, right?)
I tried Version 2.3 and 2.0, rebooting also doesn't change anything.

I'm on Android 7.1.1 with LineageOS 14.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with no Google Apps.

I'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong, could you please enlighten me?

Did you turn location on before scanning? For some obtuse reason, Android considers Bluetooth discovery as "location".

On 12/9/2019 at 7:53 PM, imurvai said:

Hi, Can you send me a screenshot on the controller tester screen when you press a button or move a joy?

I got caught out by the black screen, on the iPhone go Settings >> Display & Brightness and chose the light appearance colour scheme. 

42 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Did you turn location on before scanning? For some obtuse reason, Android considers Bluetooth discovery as "location".

Yes, i gave it every permission possible.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:05 PM, Abdi said:

Sorry due to new membership policy I couldn't sent in message,

Here it is:

Hmm, I haven't seen such a black screen on any iOS devices. Was it the same in the previous versions too? And what happens when you try to assign a button or joy to an output?

1 hour ago, schraubedrin said:

Before building 42100 i wanted to try the brickcontroller app.

While i succeded in connecing a XBox One Controller, the app can't seem to find the control+ hub.

"Scanning" just returns four times "PF Infra" recievers, no matter how i try (the c+ hub should blink like a strobe, right?)
I tried Version 2.3 and 2.0, rebooting also doesn't change anything.

I'm on Android 7.1.1 with LineageOS 14.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with no Google Apps.

I'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong, could you please enlighten me?

That is strange. I haven't tried with LineageOS, but I don't think it is the source of the problem. Could you check if the nRF Connect app can find your hubs?

1 hour ago, imurvai said:

Hmm, I haven't seen such a black screen on any iOS devices. Was it the same in the previous versions too? And what happens when you try to assign a button or joy to an output?

It’s just a bug with dark mode that has been implemented in iOS 13. Turning off dark mode allows the app to appear properly. It seems to change the background to black but your app doesn’t adjust the text colour accordingly. 

Thanks a lot JayDee96 & Imurvai

Solved :) it was the dark mode ... I switched into normal and all Buttons display in the Control screen. 

10 hours ago, JayDee96 said:

It’s just a bug with dark mode that has been implemented in iOS 13. Turning off dark mode allows the app to appear properly. It seems to change the background to black but your app doesn’t adjust the text colour accordingly. 

Ah, it's good to know. Thanks for the info. I'll try to fix in the next release. (Unfortunately my device is not compatible with iOS 13 :()