Is there currently any way to transfer profiles from one phone to another? 

I need to transfer my profiles to a new phone and they are pretty complex. I would like to avoid recreating them.

Where are the profiles stored? Is it possible to copy a settings file?

Just now, iuliand said:

Is there currently any way to transfer profiles from one phone to another? 

I need to transfer my profiles to a new phone and they are pretty complex. I would like to avoid recreating them.

Where are the profiles stored? Is it possible to copy a settings file?

Unfortunately I haven't added that functionality yet but other people also requested it so it's on my TODO list.

The profiles are stored in a local sqlite db file in the app's folder though, so maybe simply copying that file could work, but I haven't tried.

The devices are stored such a db file in the same folder.

Unfortunately the only related folder I could find is 

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.scn.BrickController2/files

and it is empty. 

I believe root access is needed in order to get to the app's folder you mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, iuliand said:

Unfortunately the only related folder I could find is 

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.scn.BrickController2/files

and it is empty. 

I believe root access is needed in order to get to the app's folder you mentioned. 

To be honest I haven't checked where those files are located exactly, but you made me curious... :)

I have a question, in the latest versi me control the servos too sensitive when returning to the central position.

She could be in the future the menu of the servos add a sensitivity setting?

Thank you for so much improvements in recent times.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:12 PM, AVCampos said:

@imurvai I bet you're cursing Powered Up and the servo capability it brought, due to the whole can of worms (and headaches for you) it opened... :wink:

Haha, actually it is cool challenge to find the proper way of handling it. I would not deal with it if it wasn't that much fun :)

On 9/27/2019 at 2:01 PM, suffocation said:

@imurvai Is there anything we users can do to support your work?

Actually some of you have already helped me fixing issues or adding support BuWizz or PuP eg. You can help me finding out new features and as soon as I have enough time I can add them. And of course issue reports are always welcome, I try to fix them as much as possible.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:54 PM, PetSild said:

I have a question, in the latest versi me control the servos too sensitive when returning to the central position.

She could be in the future the menu of the servos add a sensitivity setting?

Thank you for so much improvements in recent times.

Yeah, what I can do is adding a slider to limit the max speed of the servo. Is this what you were thinking of? 

The speed limitation of the engine at the same time centering, will definitely help, thank you.

That's great info! He just forgot to add that, with BC2, you can plug whatever motors and lights to whatever ports, and use the C+ hubs in your MOCs. :thumbup:

HI @imurvai,

I've started using the BrickController2 app with the Control+ hubs, and I've noticed the L motor (have not tried the XL motor yet) "stutters" a lot when not it full lock position. If I turn the motor hard left of right, it is fine, but any of the values between 0 and +/- 90 seem to throw the steering backwards and forwards wildy. If I manage to hold the position still, it seems fine. It also sometimes does not return exactly to center.

I noted your comment above to someone who seems to have the same issue ("driving is very nervous and doesn't want to go back to the central position") and you've mentioned that the motor might not handle the fast changes BC2 sends... Maybe you could *conditionally* send those signals when using Control+ and servo motor - ie. only send a signal if one has not been sent in the last X milliseconds? This may help? (additionally, it might pay to ensure that if position returns to zero this signal gets sent unconditionally).

Please note I'm not trying to tell you how to code your app - just wondering if this might help. I am a software developer too and know how much work goes into these things. I appreciate your efforts - the app is great, and really well written!

Yes it's very hard to find the balance between smooth motion and responsiveness. The current implementation sacrifices the smoothness to be more responsive. I keep trying to find the proper way of handling the servos for all purposes.

For the return to center issue I found that the motor itself goes back to the zero position but if the wheels are on a rough surface they don't go back to center. If you lift up the model then the issue is gone.

No worries, I don't take these kind of responses offensive. All comments are always welcome :)

Yeah, tuning PID parameters is more of an art than a science. :grin:

Ideally the output should follow the input as closely and quickly as possible, but in the physical world that's very hard.

17 hours ago, imurvai said:

Yes it's very hard to find the balance between smooth motion and responsiveness. The current implementation sacrifices the smoothness to be more responsive. I keep trying to find the proper way of handling the servos for all purposes.

For the return to center issue I found that the motor itself goes back to the zero position but if the wheels are on a rough surface they don't go back to center. If you lift up the model then the issue is gone.

No worries, I don't take these kind of responses offensive. All comments are always welcome :)

Thanks for your reply @imurvai. I understand there's some difficulty dealing with this. Maybe you could add servo "modes" where we can chose between the responsiveness there is now, versus smooth, or even a third and fourth option where we can treat it like either (a) similar to current variable power functions with 5 stages either side of 0, or (b) a 90 degree "hard left or right" option?

1 hour ago, efferman said:

It is a big help with the update disaster from Sbrick.

Might be offtopic here but what's wrong with the SBrick app?

This week was a update and all settings on the phone were deleted and the app dont want work with my ps4 controller. Not good when there is a convention in ried  this weekend.

Edited by efferman

@efferman thanks, didn't use their app since a few weeks, I only switch from BC2 if it is absolutely needed :laugh: Just checked their forum, the suggestion is to download a previous version from here until they push another update.

Since last update of the App I have big trouble with lags when using Buwizz and Nimbus Steel Series Controller on iPhone 6. It takes seconds until the Buwizz responds and motors are working longer than they should. On old versions, I never had this problem with this Setup. 

Range of the signal seems to be smaller with new App, also there are lots of connection losses. I tested on two Buwizzes, same problem with both. S Bricks work fine. 

Edited by Clever Nickname

Hello ,

It would be very useful to show the FW-version under "devices" together with MAC Address, especially for PoweredUp devices, but others as well.

Perhaps you find the time to implment, thanks in advance.

24 minutes ago, Duky said:

Is it possible to use a ps3 controller?

Yes. With OTG cable and Sixaxis Enabler app. You'll have to test it on your phone to make sure it works.

8 hours ago, Lok24 said:

Hello ,

It would be very useful to show the FW-version under "devices" together with MAC Address, especially for PoweredUp devices, but others as well.

Perhaps you find the time to implment, thanks in advance.

Yes, for SBrick and PoweredUp devices the firmware verson is feasible. The MAC address is tricky because Android and iOS give back different IDs for the same device. Maybe somehow the real MAC address is also available, I have to look into it how.

Edited by imurvai