I too am experiencing stuttering with the L motor in servo mode on iPhone with DualShock4 controller (iOS13 beta). Im using it in the stock 42099 set and with the model on the ground and load on the motor it works as expected. But with the model in the air the servo (L motor) repeatedly overshoots its position which results in jerky movements. And when returning to centre it overshoots and stops off centre.

I think this could be a symptom of the motor trying to move at full power, even for small movements. Using the LEGO Control+ app the movement is buttery smooth. This seems to be because the LEGO app ramps in motor power over time. So for small movements or slow sweeps from left to right the motor is ramping up slowly to each encoder position, as opposed to full power until it hits each position, resulting in an over shoot and then over correction and ultimately a violent stutter.

10 hours ago, JayDee96 said:

I too am experiencing stuttering with the L motor in servo mode on iPhone with DualShock4 controller (iOS13 beta). Im using it in the stock 42099 set and with the model on the ground and load on the motor it works as expected. But with the model in the air the servo (L motor) repeatedly overshoots its position which results in jerky movements. And when returning to centre it overshoots and stops off centre.

I think this could be a symptom of the motor trying to move at full power, even for small movements. Using the LEGO Control+ app the movement is buttery smooth. This seems to be because the LEGO app ramps in motor power over time. So for small movements or slow sweeps from left to right the motor is ramping up slowly to each encoder position, as opposed to full power until it hits each position, resulting in an over shoot and then over correction and ultimately a violent stutter.

First, I'm surprised that DS4 now works on iOS. I'm gonna test it :)
Second, thanks for your detailed analysis and you're right BC2 moves the motors in servo mode in full speed regardless of the angle interval. I'll try to find a better way, maybe simply reducing the speed to 50-60% would solve the overshot issue.

In the app Control+ is a deceleration re-filter if he let go the steering wheel.

Thanks for the informative :classic: response...

I'd bet the Control+ app implements a PID controller to move the motor to the desired angle as quickly as possible without overshoot and jitter.

There's a clear overshoot with the Control+ app as well if you remove the motor from the vehicle, you can check in the video below. In the car the axle is limited physically to turn only +/- 90 degrees so the effect is not visible. Additional fun fact - the Control+ app does not turn the servo full 90 degrees, it's a bit less.

The stuttering is also visible if you try to steer the L and XL motors (especially the XL) with the Powered Up app's control blocks. 

13 hours ago, imurvai said:

First, I'm surprised that DS4 now works on iOS. I'm gonna test it :)
Second, thanks for your detailed analysis and you're right BC2 moves the motors in servo mode in full speed regardless of the angle interval. I'll try to find a better way, maybe simply reducing the speed to 50-60% would solve the overshot issue.

Gamepad support is implemented in iOS13 which is currently available in beta.

Like AVCampos said, I assume Control+ might use some PID. Which could explain the behaviour of the XL motor when used in servo mode with the Control+ app, as the PID values won't be tuned to its heavier armature.

Otherwise I am extremely impressed with your app. From downloading the app to driving the set took almost no time at all and was extremely simple to set up.

Why wedo 2.0 hub can't connected to powered up app? Program just does not see the hub. Testing on IOS 12.3.1 and android 5.0. Iphone does not even see the bluetooth settings as a new device. Android in the bluetooth settings sees, connects, but after about ten seconds the hub itself disconnects.

The WeDo 2.0 hub doesn't recognise the PUp app. For that it would need a firmware update, but, unlike the other PUp hubs (Boost, trains, Control+, and possibly SPIKE), its firmware can't be changed.

Hi all,

got a game controller called TRAMANI CT-BT3000, connected to my tablet, but controller-test shows  no reaction at all.

What does work is that with 1 and 3 I can adjust volume of the tablet.

So it seems to work and is connect.

What else can I check?

My gamepad works properly only in the mode of the Android standard game mode: button Home + button X.

Edited by PetSild

2 hours ago, Lok24 said:

What does work is that with 1 and 3 I can adjust volume of the tablet.

For a given gamepad to work with BC2, it needs to be recognised as such by the generic gamepad test apps.

Since your gamepad appears to control volume, it appears to be in a different mode than "game". Check its user manual to know how to change modes: usually it's a switch on the device, or pressing "home" or "start" together with one of the other buttons.

20 hours ago, PetSild said:

My gamepad works properly only in the mode of the Android standard game mode: button Home + button X.

19 hours ago, AVCampos said:

For a given gamepad to work with BC2, it needs to be recognised as such by the generic gamepad test apps.

Since your gamepad appears to control volume, it appears to be in a different mode than "game". Check its user manual to know how to change modes: usually it's a switch on the device, or pressing "home" or "start" together with one of the other buttons.

Thanks, " That's one small step for a man".....

Now  controller test works, and I can add the devices.

But: only SBrick works when using the sliders, none of LEGO  Hubs(smart, technic, move)  Why? Any ideas?

Defining Creations: a name is required, but no keybord appears when game contoller is connected?

Ah, have to disconnect controllerto do this...

I' m lost, any help is welccome.

Edited by Lok24

1 hour ago, Lok24 said:

Defining Creations: a name is required, but no keybord appears when game contoller is connected?

That depends on the phone brand and Android version, but some of them let you choose to have the virtual keyboard pop up even when you have a physical input controller (in this case a gamepad) connected. If an icon appears on the status bar whenever you have the gamepad connected, maybe you can activate the relevant setting from there.

1 hour ago, Lok24 said:

Hi, In my phone there is an option for this: Language & Input -> Physical keyboard -> Show virtual keyboard. By turning it on the virtual keyboard is always shown even if there is a physical one (like a gamepad) is connected.

7 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Hi, In my phone there is an option for this: Language & Input -> Physical keyboard -> Show virtual keyboard. By turning it on the virtual keyboard is always shown even if there is a physical one (like a gamepad) is connected.

Yes, thanks, works fine.

The other problem is worse:

Only SBrick works when using the sliders, none of LEGO  Hubs(smart, technic, move)  Why? Any ideas?

Edited by Lok24

3 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

only SBrick works when using the sliders, none of LEGO  Hubs(smart, technic, move)  Why? Any ideas?

Do you mean the "Devices" test screen? I tested PF IR, SBrick, train, and Technic, and the sliders always work to change the motors' speeds.

Yes. I'm in that screen (Picture taken from tutorial):

BC2.png

But adding them to a creation doesn't move anything except SBrick, too

On 8/23/2019 at 9:16 AM, JayDee96 said:

And when returning to centre it overshoots and stops off centre.

Same here. But in my case it overshoots when returning from the left position. When returning from the right L motor centers itself correctly most of the time. 

On 8/26/2019 at 4:22 PM, Lok24 said:

But adding them to a creation doesn't move anything except SBrick, too

Hi, hmm, no idea why it happens. I'll check if there was a firmware update for buwizz and lego... Is it buwizz 1 or 2 BTW?

5 hours ago, apachaihapachai said:

Same here. But in my case it overshoots when returning from the left position. When returning from the right L motor centers itself correctly most of the time. 

Thanks for the explanation. One idea is to add an extra option to set the servo speed. Maybe the overshot will be eliminated by using lower speed.

I was also thinking about the PID option but reading the current position and setting the speed accordingly could add a significant delay for the servo operation which I would like to avoid.

12 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi, hmm, no idea why it happens. I'll check if there was a firmware update for buwizz and lego... Is it buwizz 1 or 2 BTW?

Hi, I only took the photo from tutorial, as I wrote, to show in which screen I am.
I got no Buwizz at all

But: today I enforced some FW-Upgrades, and it seems that it's better now.

Move Hub, Technic Hub and SBrick seem to wok, Smart Hub No 4 not yet, what FW would you expect there?
But I'll have to investigate tomorrow, today I want to finish the new "Controller" function in the PoweredUp App

Thanks for today, I'll report if any probs.

Edited by Lok24

Just installed this on my rubbish Samsung and had a test run with BuWizz - works like a charm, unlike BuWizz's native app.

A huge thanks to all the developers :wub:

Hi,

sorry, it's still not working, V 1.7.

FW:
3x Smart Hub      1.1.00.0004
2x Move Hub       2.0.00.0017
1xTechnic Hub    1.0.00.0020

Technic Hub only works porperly if three motors according to 42099 are attached, but this is ssurely port of the FW.

With all SBrick, Move Hub and technic Hub all motors can be controlled in the "device" section.
With all three Smart Hubs no motor at all (WeDo, Boost, Train) can be controlled in the "device" section.

Strange!