Hi imurvai,

I've recently downloaded your app and it works like a charm... great job! Really impressed with the app. I note that the Google Play version of the app supports the new Control+ hub, but not yet on the iOS app... will support for it be coming soon by any chance?

6 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Wow, that's a big oversight! Even worse is that, unlike the PF servo, it's not enough to connect it directly to a power source to make it recentre itself before building it into the model.

I think I'll recentre my motors via app (when that becomes possible) and then, with a sharpie, mark the zero positions on their outputs.

As far as I know they did not put it on the Technic motors because they thought the graphics would be too small to see compared to the Spike Prime motors. Unlike the PF Servo this motor is symmetrical so there are more possibilities to build it in. I expect that the PU app will give us the ability to set any 90 degrees position as zero so you only need to do it once when you set up controls for your model.

4 hours ago, pastorfarian said:

Hi imurvai,

I've recently downloaded your app and it works like a charm... great job! Really impressed with the app. I note that the Google Play version of the app supports the new Control+ hub, but not yet on the iOS app... will support for it be coming soon by any chance?

Hi, sure the next app release for iOS will contain the C+ support (along with the train controls) but it takes a bit more time than releasing on Android.

OK awesome. A shame Apple takes so long to approve application releases! Thank you :)

Edited by pastorfarian

On 8/6/2019 at 5:03 PM, AVCampos said:

Wow, that's a big oversight! Even worse is that, unlike the PF servo, it's not enough to connect it directly to a power source to make it recentre itself before building it into the model.

I think I'll recentre my motors via app (when that becomes possible) and then, with a sharpie, mark the zero positions on their outputs.

Just to note, I discovered when adding support to my library that there is no such thing as absolute zero on these motors. Absolute zero becomes whatever the motor is positioned at when the hub is first turned on, so marking it with a sharpie won't help.

The way it calibrates when you use 42099 with the Control+ app is that it does a little calibration dance - first it moves the wheels as far to the left as possible (until blocked by the rest of the structure), and measures how far it actually moved. Then it does the same to the right. Using this, it determines how many degrees it should adjust to face forward. It then adjusts the motor to face forward, then sends a command to the hub to "reset" its internal idea of zero to whereever this forward position is.

Any third party controller or app will need to do something similar when connecting to your MOC.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

@Mr Hobbles the situation with the calibration is more complex than that. The left/right steering is used to determine the range of motion, but it is not used to define an average center position. You can simply test it by blocking the movement on one side, the center position will still be the correct one.

I think the app actually selects the 0/90/180/270 degrees position that falls within the measured range and sets it as zero.

10 minutes ago, kbalage said:

@Mr Hobbles the situation with the calibration is more complex than that. The left/right steering is used to determine the range of motion, but it is not used to define an average center position. You can simply test it by blocking the movement on one side, the center position will still be the correct one.

I think the app actually selects the 0/90/180/270 degrees position that falls within the measured range and sets it as zero.

I think you can block it on one side because only one side is required to know where the center is. For example the app knows (because it is designed for 42099) how many degrees it should be able to move in any direction. So if it knows it should be able to move 75 to the left from forward, and it only manages to move 35, then forward must be an offset of 40, regardless of the other side.

The 0/90/180/270 theory doesn't match up with my testing. For example, when I send the PresetEncoder command I'm able to reset the internal absolute zero to wherever the motor is at the time, and then I can use GoToAbsolutePosition to move to any position relative to whereever I set it, and not just within 90 degree increments. Also when I use the hub with my other code, GoToAbsolutePositon moves from the position where first turned on, regardless what the actual position is.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

@Mr Hobbles there is an absolute zero on the L and XL motors just like the Spike Prime motors have one, as I see the protocol documentation lacks the proper description how to use it.

I just did a test - physically restricted the motor to be able to move only between 0 and 90 degrees (0 selected to be where it is normally for the car). Then I wiped the app's data so there was no information stored. Turned the motor to 45 degrees manually, then connected it to the app. In this case 45 degrees became the relative 0. Started the calibration process, the motor was only able to turn between 0 and 90 degrees but despite this it still correctly reassigned the relative 0 to the absolute 0. This would be impossible without having an internal absolute zero. I did the test again with the motor turned by 180 degrees, result is the same. 

20 minutes ago, kbalage said:

@Mr Hobbles there is an absolute zero on the L and XL motors just like the Spike Prime motors have one, as I see the protocol documentation lacks the proper description how to use it.

I just did a test - physically restricted the motor to be able to move only between 0 and 90 degrees (0 selected to be where it is normally for the car). Then I wiped the app's data so there was no information stored. Turned the motor to 45 degrees manually, then connected it to the app. In this case 45 degrees became the relative 0. Started the calibration process, the motor was only able to turn between 0 and 90 degrees but despite this it still correctly reassigned the relative 0 to the absolute 0. This would be impossible without having an internal absolute zero. I did the test again with the motor turned by 180 degrees, result is the same. 

Hmm interesting. As mentioned this differs from the behaviour I see, but indeed, it could be that its using a different subset of commands from the AbsolutePosition commands noted already in the documentation.

I have a BTLE sniffer that I'm planning to use in the next few days to try and get some more commands, so we'll see what that comes up with. Will let us know if there are additional commands its using for absolute 0 or if its using a combination of the existing commands.

Hello, bought a VR Shinecon Wireless remote control SC-C07 and I am unable to link it to brick controller 2.

The gamepad connects by BT to phone (Iphone 7 plus iOS 12.4) and sends some letters in notepad, but when I go to controller tester no button or joystick appears.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

P.S. using Buwizz 2.0 which appears to be working fine with brick controller 2.

20 hours ago, Homersapien said:

Hello, bought a VR Shinecon Wireless remote control SC-C07 and I am unable to link it to brick controller 2.

Hi, I don't have experience with that controller. What I know is that the gamepad should be MFI compatible on iOS.

On 8/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, m00se said:

Hi imurvai, thanks for your great work.

Would it be possible to get the APK-file anywhere for people who don't have Google Play Store?

Hi, the apk of BC2 1.7 can be downloaded from here

23 hours ago, imurvai said:

Hi, the apk of BC2 1.7 can be downloaded from here

Thanks a lot imuvai! No Technic available at the moment to actually test it, but the app did open well on my phone.

is here a limitation of number of units in the app ? i only succeded to connect to 2 of my Sbricks and my new Hub  but now i cant find any more Sbricks.  and it states that they all have the latest firmware. 

6 minutes ago, mortil said:

is here a limitation of number of units in the app ? i only succeded to connect to 2 of my Sbricks and my new Hub  but now i cant find any more Sbricks.  and it states that they all have the latest firmware. 

There is no limitation in the code. Have you tried to discover the other SBricks separately?

Version 1.7 is now available in the Apple App Store:

- Technic HUB support (Control+)
- Train control
- Trigger fix

2 hours ago, imurvai said:

There is no limitation in the code. Have you tried to discover the other SBricks separately?

i shut of all the other and tried with the one on its own. no success.  but for the ones i found the app i AWESOME. 

22 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

@m00se - off topic, so apologies. Is that your dog in your avatar?! If it is, I am so jealous!!

That is indeed my dog. A 67kg Newfoundland who - sometimes - listens to the name Little Bear.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:24 AM, imurvai said:

Version 1.7 is now available in the Apple App Store:

- Technic HUB support (Control+)
- Train control
- Trigger fix

Hi Imurvai

Thanks so much for making the app, it's amazing

I commented on your youtube video regarding adding the pfx brick
If you need testing of it I'm happy to help. 

Just now, ae86dori said:

Hi Imurvai

Thanks so much for making the app, it's amazing

I commented on your youtube video regarding adding the pfx brick
If you need testing of it I'm happy to help. 

Cool, I'll let you know when there is something to test :)

Hi,

I use the unit Powered Up together with the application of BrickController2. I would like to ask on the function of the servo in the engine settings.

When activated, the driving is very nervous and doesn't want to go back to the central position. Is there any condition of compatibility of the engines?

What for me works better, is to use the mode the normal engine.

The creators of the app a big thank you, I look forward to the next version.

11 hours ago, PetSild said:

Hi,

I use the unit Powered Up together with the application of BrickController2. I would like to ask on the function of the servo in the engine settings.

When activated, the driving is very nervous and doesn't want to go back to the central position. Is there any condition of compatibility of the engines?

What for me works better, is to use the mode the normal engine.

The creators of the app a big thank you, I look forward to the next version.

What motor did you try with? I'm experiencing the same using the Boost external motor in servo mode and it's kind of normal unfortunately. Apparently this motor can't handle the fast changes BC2 sends to it. I was reported that the new L motor works OK in servo mode. I haven't had the chance to test it myself though as I don't have the new 42099 set yet.

I mean the new motor L, through the Control+ of the driving wheel works without error.