On 5/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, ifilin said:

All buttons on controller work fine. Any button can switch on\off 1 channel (1 lights pair) by SimpleToggle type.

But 1 button can't switch on\off 2 channels in the same time (2 lights pair) by SimpleToggle type. 

I uploaded new screens of config, please, see.

Thank You very much imurvai for update 1.6. That bug now is fixed, and 1 button can turn on\off 2 channels by SimpleToggle type.

Hello,
I chose the game controller Trust GXT 590 Bosi Wireless. He was the easiest to get here in Germany. Today the controller has arrived and it works flawlessly. The Game Controller Test App and BrickContoller 2 both recognize the Trust Controller.

Many thanks to Simon. You have helped me a lot.
Now I'm waiting for the S-Brick devices to come.

Grandpa Lothar

On 5/21/2019 at 8:17 PM, imurvai said:

Hi,

I don't know this controller, but according to this site the connection methods are the followings:

For iOS: Press B and HOME key for long time
For Android: Press X and HOME key for 5 s

Hope it helps :)

Unfortunately this does not help. Regarding to the manual B+Home is iCade mode which should work with iOS, and in fact the controller pairs with the phone but your app does not recognize any input. Very strange... Haven't tried it with any other app though.

Hello,
my models 42009u and 8043u have Lego PF infrared devices for remote control.
Unfortunately, my smartphone Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) has no IR interface. Here in the thread I've read that it does not work if I just plug in an IR diode in the headphone jack.
Is there a solution for me or do I have to buy an older, used smartphone with IR interface for the remote control of my models?
Which older smartphones have an IR interface that whould work well with the BrickController app?
I ask for your help.
Grandpa Lothar

7 minutes ago, Grandpa_Lothar said:

Hello,
my models 42009u and 8043u have Lego PF infrared devices for remote control.
Unfortunately, my smartphone Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) has no IR interface. Here in the thread I've read that it does not work if I just plug in an IR diode in the headphone jack.
Is there a solution for me or do I have to buy an older, used smartphone with IR interface for the remote control of my models?
Which older smartphones have an IR interface that whould work well with the BrickController app?
I ask for your help.
Grandpa Lothar

Hi,
I did some research with the IR diode in headphonejack combo and it was kind of working but only from ~20cm at most. This is why I eventually didn't add support for it in BrickController 2.
You can buy even new phones with IR support, eg. some Xiaomi phones are still shipped with it.

I bought an used LG G2 specifically for LEGO uses; it works well with BrickController 2 connected to PF, PUp and SBrick (presumably BuWizz too, but I don't have one to test).

All gamepads I tested work well with it, currently I'm using an iPega 9055.

10 hours ago, Clever Nickname said:

How do I use Buwizz with Brick Controller 2? Do I first have to connect to Buwizz App?

@kbalage created a great review and tutodial video on BC2. It explains quite well how it works. In case any difficulties I'll help you! :)

Thank you. It seems that there is a problem with Brick Controller 2 App and Nimbus Steel Series Controller. I tested two different devices, both showed the same issue: The app can‘t distinguish between left and right trigger L1 and R1, both buttons activate the same channel in the App. 

4 hours ago, Clever Nickname said:

Thank you. It seems that there is a problem with Brick Controller 2 App and Nimbus Steel Series Controller. I tested two different devices, both showed the same issue: The app can‘t distinguish between left and right trigger L1 and R1, both buttons activate the same channel in the App. 

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue. I just found the bug in the app and will be fixed in the next release.

BrickController2 1.7 has just been released for Android:

- Initial support for the new technic hub
- Minor bug fixes

iOS version will be released later according to the AppStore review process...

2 hours ago, mortil said:

its wierd. i have the app on my Oneplus 3 and cant find any Sbricks in it :/

Hi, after updating the sbrick firmware to the latest one (version 23) I was still able to connect and control my sbrick, but after deleting it from the device list it can not discover it anymore. It looks like the sbrick guys have changed something and I need to update the app. The fix will be available in the next release hopefully very soon...

Update: I checked it again and now BrickController2 can discover the SBrick even with the updated firmware.

What Android version does your phone run on?

Edited by imurvai
doublecheck

11 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Hi, after updating the sbrick firmware to the latest one (version 23) I was still able to connect and control my sbrick, but after deleting it from the device list it can not discover it anymore. It looks like the sbrick guys have changed something and I need to update the app. The fix will be available in the next release hopefully very soon...

Update: I checked it again and now BrickController2 can discover the SBrick even with the updated firmware.

What Android version does your phone run on?

Android 8 and android 9 on my Oneplus 5  

cant find it on my old Asus pad either.  its wierd.

NOW.. i just got an phone update and did that and now it works

THANKS for another awesome app :D

I built mine the other day and its a good build, nothing ground breaking but really nice, the app control is the weakest point though as touch screens are best when you are looking at them, not watching something else.

does anyone know if the 88010 Remote Control works with the set?

6 hours ago, Final Exit said:

I built mine the other day and its a good build, nothing ground breaking but really nice, the app control is the weakest point though as touch screens are best when you are looking at them, not watching something else.

does anyone know if the 88010 Remote Control works with the set?

With which set?

Hi imurvai, thanks for your great work.

Would it be possible to get the APK-file anywhere for people who don't have Google Play Store?

7 hours ago, mortil said:

Do you think you will implement the control+ to the app?

The latest version already has a basic support for the Technic hub. Control+ is only the set-specific app to control 42099 (and 42100 when it is released).

On 8/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, m00se said:

Hi imurvai, thanks for your great work.
Would it be possible to get the APK-file anywhere for people who don't have Google Play Store?

Hi, I'm going to upload the latest apk to dropbox in the weekend.

19 hours ago, mortil said:

Do you think you will implement the control+ to the app?
Or is it too locked ?

Yes, as @kbalage mentioned I've already added support for the Technic Hub (this is the device's name packed with the Lego 42099 set). Motors are working in normal and servo mode, the only missing thing is the servo calibration. I'm planning to add that too once I have the set.

do you guess it is possible to make mor than 90° left and right in Servo mode?

Edited by efferman

I've just checked, and can confirm that you can set it to up to 360º.

@imurvai Would it be possible, for outputs set to servo mode, to automatically turn them to 0º when a profile initialises? Of course, this would only be possible for motors with absolute position encoding, like the PF servo and the SPIKE motors. I don't know yet if PUp motors have only relative position encoding like the NXT/EV3 motors.

23 minutes ago, efferman said:

do you guess it is possible to make mor than 90° left and right in Servo mode?

Yes, it is pissible, however i cannot remember how much i restricted it in the settings (i'm on holyday atm). i' m gonna check that when getting home.

7 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I've just checked, and can confirm that you can set it to up to 360º.

@imurvai Would it be possible, for outputs set to servo mode, to automatically turn them to 0º when a profile initialises? Of course, this would only be possible for motors with absolute position encoding, like the PF servo and the SPIKE motors. I don't know yet if PUp motors have only relative position encoding like the NXT/EV3 motors.

The new L and Xl motors should return to the starting position, but the starting position is not set to abs zero degrees at startup. I need to figure out how to do that.

The new l and xl motors are supposed to have an absolute encoder. The problem is that they don't have a 0° mark like Spike motors, which makes practical use tricky ?

23 hours ago, imurvai said:

I've already added support for the Technic Hub (this is the device's name packed with the Lego 42099 set)

I tried bc2 with 42099. Overall it works fine, but I suffer from the same lag issue I already got with the boost hub. This makes me think it could be a problem related to my phone (Moto g5+)...

6 hours ago, Philo said:

The new l and xl motors are supposed to have an absolute encoder. The problem is that they don't have a 0° mark like Spike motors, which makes practical use tricky ?

Wow, that's a big oversight! Even worse is that, unlike the PF servo, it's not enough to connect it directly to a power source to make it recentre itself before building it into the model.

I think I'll recentre my motors via app (when that becomes possible) and then, with a sharpie, mark the zero positions on their outputs.