I just wanted to tell you how thankfully I am for this app!

I have a buwizz for some time but didn't do much with it as I find the controls via smartphone very irritating.

Now with this app and my Xbox one controller I am finally able to do some racing ? Works perfect for me! Hopefully you add a button to change the output of buwizz on the fly.

Edited by Marsman83

Hello. I also would like to thank you for this APP! But...I have a problem with it. When I want to add controller event and press any button the application just stops and shows the window with '' end task with: e-mail or gmail''. If I press back twice or three times the app is running again and I can see which button I've pressed. But that is it, I can only delete this button or event, there is no position of this button. I've tried to repeat this number of times and even reinstall the app but still, it's always the same.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy A5-2016 with Android 7.0, S-brick and 3 in 1 wireless controller Ipega PG-9076. Can you help me out please :)

6 minutes ago, Skandinavc FH said:

Hello. I also would like to thank you for this APP! But...I have a problem with it. When I want to add controller event and press any button the application just stops and shows the window with '' end task with: e-mail or gmail''. If I press back twice or three times the app is running again and I can see which button I've pressed. But that is it, I can only delete this button or event, there is no position of this button. I've tried to repeat this number of times and even reinstall the app but still, it's always the same.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy A5-2016 with Android 7.0, S-brick and 3 in 1 wireless controller Ipega PG-9076. Can you help me out please :)

Hi,

Could you proceed with the email sending so that I can get the crash report from the app then I'll look into it...

Thanks,

I

14 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Hi,

Could you proceed with the email sending so that I can get the crash report from the app then I'll look into it...

Thanks,

I

Hi, I've just sent it.

56 minutes ago, Skandinavc FH said:

Hi, I've just sent it.

Got it, thanks :)

Have a few fast MOC's built or being built in the future so have been giving using a controller more thought.  My son has his xbox one controller lying around, will that work?

You can install a gamepad tester app (plenty of those at the Play Store), hook it up to your phone/tablet, and see if it works.

Hi. A big thank you for your work.

I have tryed to download the application BrickController with the Play Store, but it don't find it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 with Android 6.0.1

1 hour ago, oracid said:

Hi. A big thank you for your work.

I have tryed to download the application BrickController with the Play Store, but it don't find it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 with Android 6.0.1

Hi, the app is not on the PlayStore (at least yet) but you can download the apk file from here: BrickController_0_32

Happy Playing! :)

Thank you for your help.

I know nothing about this kind of things. Do you mean I have to move the file from my PC to the right directory in my smartphone ?

oracid:

1.) activate Installation of Apps from unknown Sources (done on your android phone)

2.) put the *.apk-file on your fone (done with your computer or directly downloaded with your phone)

3.) access it with a filemanager and execute/open the *.apk file (done on your phone)

Edited by AkiyamaWataru

Thank you so much @AkiyamaWataru helping me.

I have tried to do the first point, but in my Galaxy A5 with Android 6.0.1, I don't find this parameter, "activate Installation of Apps from unknown Sources"

@oracid i have a s7 but try this: settings- screen locking and security- check ^unknown sources^ 

I hope the translation and OS are similar  i have my phone settings in dutch..

Thank to you @Marxpek I have got through this point.

Hope to day I will go farther.

I have copied the file brickcontroller_0_32.apk to the download directory. Then I made a shortcut of this file to my home page.
But when I click on the shortcut, it says "application not installed".

@oracid just download the file with your phone. Then locate it and open it to install it. The shortcut will be made automatically. The app should be listed with all other apps after installation.

Thank you @Marxpek, the application is installed.

Now I try to make it working, reading the manual.

Unfortunately it does not work.
I hope I have bought the right remote controler, http://www.dx.com/p/n1-3017-fashion-multifunction-bluetooth-wireless-game-controller-black-409152#.Wzcf3_ZuKM8
I follow the "BrickController User Guide".

When I scan for devices (point 2), BrickController find the Buwizz, but it don't find the remote controler.

Edited by oracid

On 6/30/2018 at 8:24 AM, oracid said:

Unfortunately it does not work.
I hope I have bought the right remote controler, http://www.dx.com/p/n1-3017-fashion-multifunction-bluetooth-wireless-game-controller-black-409152#.Wzcf3_ZuKM8
I follow the "BrickController User Guide".

When I scan for devices (point 2), BrickController find the Buwizz, but it don't find the remote controler.

Hi, there is no need to find the controller on the devices screen, you need to pair the controller as other bluetooth devices in the Android settings. Once it's done you can test it on the app's controller tester screen. I hope it helps.

Happy playing :)

Thank you @imurvai helping me.

In my Galaxy A5, I can see in Bluetooth list, the Buwizz and something which is called IDTW213R. I think this last thing is the remote controller but I am not sure.

Of course I have read your User Guide 100 times, but unfortunately I did not succeed. When I try to add an event, I press to a joystick of the remote controller, but nothing append.

I am 65 year old… May I ask you something ? Can you make a list of things to do as you were talking to a child who is 5 year old.

Thank in advance.

Hi Imurvai,

I've tested your app and find it to be very useful. I must confess I didn't expected this level of quality from the app.

Upon testing with BuWizz 2 I would like to give you some ideas for future improvements of the app:

- For buttons consider adding a new checkbox for reverse toggle. That would be useful for controlling PF servo motors to reverse without needing to stop in zero position. Just change the polarity by the press of the button. As it is now, this can't be done with just one button because two buttons would need to be assigned, one for toggling each direction of the servo motor.

- On the slider for setting the maximum power of a joystick control, you may add another slider to create a "dead zone" from zero up to the set limit.

- Allow for background running of the app or with the screen locked/turned off. When running in the background just display it's running status in the notification bar and tapping the notification will bring the app back on the screen. Or at least allow for screen locking as this would really help in the situation where you want to have the phone in your pocket while controlling the joystick. And it would also help with battery conservation.

- Currently in BuWizz controls it is not possible to change the voltage and it is running by default at 7.2V. Please add the option to select the buwizz voltage (5v=low, 7.2v=normal, 9v=high, 12v=ludicrous), as in the BuWizz app.

- Consider adding Mindstorms EV3 as a device to be controlled. You just have to send the gamepad data to the dedicated EV3 bluetooth mailboxes. It should be very simple to do and would open o whole range of possibilities.

You should upload your app to play store. It deserves to be there as it is very well designed.

Thank you for sharing with us this great app.

5 minutes ago, iuliand said:

- Currently in BuWizz controls it is not possible to change the voltage and it is running by default at 7.2V. Please add the option to select the buwizz voltage (5v=low, 7.2v=normal, 9v=high, 12v=ludicrous), as in the BuWizz app.

You can select the BuWizz voltage in Device Management when you connect the BuWizz unit.

7 hours ago, iuliand said:

Hi Imurvai,

I've tested your app and find it to be very useful. I must confess I didn't expected this level of quality from the app.

Upon testing with BuWizz 2 I would like to give you some ideas for future improvements of the app:

- For buttons consider adding a new checkbox for reverse toggle. That would be useful for controlling PF servo motors to reverse without needing to stop in zero position. Just change the polarity by the press of the button. As it is now, this can't be done with just one button because two buttons would need to be assigned, one for toggling each direction of the servo motor.

- On the slider for setting the maximum power of a joystick control, you may add another slider to create a "dead zone" from zero up to the set limit.

- Allow for background running of the app or with the screen locked/turned off. When running in the background just display it's running status in the notification bar and tapping the notification will bring the app back on the screen. Or at least allow for screen locking as this would really help in the situation where you want to have the phone in your pocket while controlling the joystick. And it would also help with battery conservation.

- Consider adding Mindstorms EV3 as a device to be controlled. You just have to send the gamepad data to the dedicated EV3 bluetooth mailboxes. It should be very simple to do and would open o whole range of possibilities.

You should upload your app to play store. It deserves to be there as it is very well designed.

Thank you for sharing with us this great app.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestios. Let me go through them one-by-one:

- If I understand correctly you would like to have an option for the toggle button to switch between -1 to 1 instead of 0 and 1. That would not be a big deal.

- Dead zone is also a good idea. Someone also suggested to be able to set the characteristic of the joysticks or at least to have some presets like linear, exponential, logarithmic, ... I'll think about how I could add it without making the UI too much complex :)

- Yes, the BuWizz output level option during playing is also on my TODO list :)

- Unfortunately I don't have the EV3 set, but I bought the Boost for my daughter and I'm planning to investigate whether I can support it (along with the new PU receivers)

- Playstore upload is also on my TODO list.

And one more thing, I'm currently redesigning the whole app to support iOS too. So far it's very promising but I can't give any deadline at the moment.

BR and happy playing :)

I

2 hours ago, imurvai said:

- If I understand correctly you would like to have an option for the toggle button to switch between -1 to 1 instead of 0 and 1. That would not be a big deal.

Yes, that's correct. That would enable controlling two-state systems like pneumatic valves and gearboxes with PF servo motors.

- Unfortunately I don't have the EV3 set, but I bought the Boost for my daughter and I'm planning to investigate whether I can support it (along with the new PU receivers)

Yes, boost and PU control is good to have. I'm glad it's on your to do list. Too bad you don't have an EV3 at hand but please keep it in mind maybe at some point you have the opportunity to support it. For inspiration look at this app EV3 Numeric Pad+ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EV3.NumericPadPlus to get an ideea on how this is done.

And one more thing, I'm currently redesigning the whole app to support iOS too. So far it's very promising but I can't give any deadline at the moment.

Great news! Part of the redesign please don't forget to allow working with the screen turned off for pocket friendly usage :)

3 minutes ago, iuliand said:

Great news! Part of the redesign please don't forget to allow working with the screen turned off for pocket friendly usage :)

Oh, I forgot this. Unfortunately the Android system doesn't forward the controller events to the application when it is put to background or the screen is turned off so it won't work :(

iOS is even more rigorous in this regard.