Hi IMurvai,

First thanks for your hard work to make this app working:)

I have a different issue with the buwizz 2.0 In the devices manager I can see the buwizz after the scan, but cannot connect to it. The app tells me "this type of device is not supported yet"

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Jantayg said:

Hi IMurvai,

First thanks for your hard work to make this app working:)

I have a different issue with the buwizz 2.0 In the devices manager I can see the buwizz after the scan, but cannot connect to it. The app tells me "this type of device is not supported yet"

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hi,

Nothing wrong, just most probably you are using a bit older version which doesn't support BW2 yet :)

Here's the latest version: BrickController 0.32

I'll try to keep it updated on the first post of this topic.

You probably have the outdated version of the Brickcontroller app. If you scroll back a bit you can find version 0.32, wich supports Buwizz 2.0.

Okay, looks like I need to get a new phone, mine's actually only a Samsung galaxy s3 (not s4) and when I try to update it, it says it is already up to date at Android 4.3. Need to get one with an infra red transmitter so that I can test out all the features anyway.

For the ideas board the only thing I'm able to do with the sbrick app that I can't  do with this is sequences, the most complex I have done so far is only a flashing light sequence, but with multiple controller profiles you could possibly have one profile which is a standard remote control, and another with preset sequences.  So say for an excavator it could have a sequence to automatically dig turn and dump, then dig again etc. Would be great for shows where it can be digging by itself without you having to control it all manually.

Hi again, thanks for the advice, I have the 0.32 version onstalled. i can connect to buwizz now, but cannot create a creation. I have an error code: error during loading creations

I am new on android, so have no idea what the problem could be. The phone is a samsunk galaxy s5 mini and android version is 6.0.1

21 hours ago, Oldlegonerd said:

For the ideas board the only thing I'm able to do with the sbrick app that I can't  do with this is sequences, the most complex I have done so far is only a flashing light sequence, but with multiple controller profiles you could possibly have one profile which is a standard remote control, and another with preset sequences.  So say for an excavator it could have a sequence to automatically dig turn and dump, then dig again etc. Would be great for shows where it can be digging by itself without you having to control it all manually.

Technically it would be possible to add such a feature, but for that complex movements I'd rather use the Scratch app. SBrick already has a plugin for that.

Thank You, imurvai, for good appl. :classic::thumbup:

I've bought this Gamesir T2A joystick , installed Your appl on my Huawei tablet and set up actions for 2 Sbricks. Madoca's Baja moves very well via game controller. :)

Edited by ifilin

imurvai

Thank You, tonight i have made my first test of your app with my Sony E5 and a G3S pad gamesir. With my sbrick with my buwizz every thing works fine it s a pleasure. Impatient to test different things now...i have a bi RC motor on a strong chassis to test with that now i will correctly controlled !!

One question about the eventuality you continue to develop your app...will it be possible for you to "program" the use of thrigger for a vertical axe (accel especially) ?

anyway congratulation for your work and many thanks to share it.

On 17/01/2018 at 10:42 PM, ifilin said:

I've bought this Gamesir T2A joystick , installed Your appl on my Huawei tablet and set up actions for 2 Sbricks. Madoca's Baja moves very well via game controller. :)

Good to hear that it works on Huawei tablets :)

16 hours ago, miata92 said:

One question about the eventuality you continue to develop your app...will it be possible for you to "program" the use of thrigger for a vertical axe (accel especially) ?

anyway congratulation for your work and many thanks to share it.

I'm not sure what you would like to achieve, but you can already assign the triggers for any outputs.

Thanks anyway ;)

Hi, I have the .32 version and latest sbrick firmware 20. I'm using dualshock 4 v2 controller. All button functions works perfectly. However, the joystick controls do not. 2 issues.  One, the minute it connects to sbrick, motor goes full speed without touching the joystick on the controller. Second, I cannot throttle up or down with the controller only full power. I am using Samsung galaxy s8+ purchased only last December. Is it supposed to be controllable with the joysticks on the dualshock 4?    

7 minutes ago, Actmark said:

Hi, I have the .32 version and latest sbrick firmware 20. I'm using dualshock 4 v2 controller. All button functions works perfectly. However, the joystick controls do not. 2 issues.  One, the minute it connects to sbrick, motor goes full speed without touching the joystick on the controller. Second, I cannot throttle up or down with the controller only full power. I am using Samsung galaxy s8+ purchased only last December. Is it supposed to be controllable with the joysticks on the dualshock 4?    

Hi, I've been reported such an issue with the PS4 controller. Most probably the touch or giro sensor interferes with the joysticks. I'll try to get a PS4 controller to debug it. BTW have you experienced this issue with my previous app (SBrickController) too?

Sorry, I just got it so I don't know if it worked before. I did see a video of someone using your controller for the excavator and it worked perfectly with the video using the joystick controls so I assume it did work before. I do have version 2 of the dualshock 4. I think there are some difference in the Bluetooth connectivity for v2.

Also, will it support controlling Lego IR receivers with my setup. Want to know before I spend the money to buy an IR emitter for my S8+

Can you use the gamepad with a tester app (there are plenty of those in the Play Store)? If not, then the problem is in the gamepad (or the phone).

No, not likely gamepad as it works perfectly even in the test function in BrickController.  It is able to register all the movements.  Also, it seems others have reported similar issues. The controller is brand new as well.

2 hours ago, Actmark said:

Sorry, I just got it so I don't know if it worked before. I did see a video of someone using your controller for the excavator and it worked perfectly with the video using the joystick controls so I assume it did work before. I do have version 2 of the dualshock 4. I think there are some difference in the Bluetooth connectivity for v2.

Also, will it support controlling Lego IR receivers with my setup. Want to know before I spend the money to buy an IR emitter for my S8+

Hmm, good to know that there are more versions of the PS4 controller :)
What IR emitter are you planning to buy? Basically the app is working with built-in IR emitters supported by the Android system.

V2 controllers have model CUH-ZCT2U.  V1 ends in 1U.  Also if it has a line that lights up on the top control side then it's V2.

I was thinking of buying this: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Smart-IR-Remote-Control-Adapt-for-Android-iPhone-USBC-Air-Conditioner-TV-DVD-STB/142631276885?hash=item21357c9155:m:mRHQtsiRihRPxuC0_nO274w.  None of the new Samsung phones offers built in IR imitters any more as far as I know. Really would love to have that option as we do have have so many IR receivers already and only 1 Sbrick.  We currently have the Crawler Crane with 7 motors on IR.  Love to be able to control that with the gamepad. 

I'm on Android Version 7, by the way.  The other person that successfully paired your app with DualShoc 4 has a video posted here with the specs of what he's using.

https://social.sbrick.com/videos/6197/441/sbrick-lego-technic-8043s-motorized-excavator-controlled-by-a

15 hours ago, Actmark said:

V2 controllers have model CUH-ZCT2U.  V1 ends in 1U.  Also if it has a line that lights up on the top control side then it's V2.

I was thinking of buying this: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Smart-IR-Remote-Control-Adapt-for-Android-iPhone-USBC-Air-Conditioner-TV-DVD-STB/142631276885?hash=item21357c9155:m:mRHQtsiRihRPxuC0_nO274w.  None of the new Samsung phones offers built in IR imitters any more as far as I know. Really would love to have that option as we do have have so many IR receivers already and only 1 Sbrick.  We currently have the Crawler Crane with 7 motors on IR.  Love to be able to control that with the gamepad. 

I'm on Android Version 7, by the way.  The other person that successfully paired your app with DualShoc 4 has a video posted here with the specs of what he's using.

https://social.sbrick.com/videos/6197/441/sbrick-lego-technic-8043s-motorized-excavator-controlled-by-a

I'm not sure if the app is working with this IR adapter. What I found for this adapter is that it's working with its own app and it's most probably using their own protocol.
I checked the video and the guy was using my older app with the PS4 controller. I need to get one to figure out what might be wrong.

Ok, thanks.  That's too bad.  Would've been cool to control Lego IR receivers with the game pad.  if you want to add any debug code or let me know what you need, I can try and run it and provide you with the information. 

Thanks

10 hours ago, Actmark said:

Ok, thanks.  That's too bad.  Would've been cool to control Lego IR receivers with the game pad.  if you want to add any debug code or let me know what you need, I can try and run it and provide you with the information. 

Thanks

To be honest I have no idea what to try with that USB adapter. But what I'm thinking of is to add the IR over audio solution. Couple of years ago I created a working proof of concept app, I just need to integrate it into this new app. It's working something like this: 

Edited by imurvai

2 minutes ago, imurvai said:

To be honest I have no idea what to try with that USB adapter. But what I'm thinking of is to add the IR over audio solution. Couple of years ago I created a working proof of concept app, I just need to integrate it into this new app. It's working something like this: 

That is just awesome, especially if this kind of IR module is available widely!

Sorry, I actually meant debugging the Playstation DualShock 4 V2 joystick issue.  It would be great though if we can get the IR to work too.  It appears that the new Samsung phones is no longer compatible with IR emitters through the phone jack.  It seems to only allow USB C connection.  I almost picked up one that uses phone jacks.  Still works a on Apple thought.  Thanks. 

Ok, so what is exactly the issue with the dualshock controller? Does it suddenly start any of the motors without even touching it? And can you reproduce it on the gamepad tester screen? I mean what if you just leave untouched the controller while you are on the tester screen?

Also I just started adding the IR over audio jack feature to the app. Hopefully I can publish it soon...

HI, 

The first issue is that, most of the times, the minute it connects to sbrick, motor goes full speed without touching the joystick on the controller. Second, if it doesn't go full speed automatically when I turn it on, I cannot throttle up or down with the controller only full power or whatever power level I set it at during setup.

Game pad tester is clean.  It's showing nice gradation as you push towards the edge.  Now, what I did notice is that it's almost impossible for me to push up, down, left, right and get a single clean read.  It appears that I'm always a bit diagonal so it incorporates read from other directions.  Perhaps that is causing problems during calibration.  For instance, I push up to go forward, down to go reverse.  Perhaps the issue is during calibration. 

Wait, I think I may have found something.  It seems that when I first go to the tester, all results are 0.  Once, I touch the joystick, the value when not touched remains at -1 for motion code 13 and stays that way.  

On 1/29/2018 at 7:01 PM, Actmark said:

Wait, I think I may have found something.  It seems that when I first go to the tester, all results are 0.  Once, I touch the joystick, the value when not touched remains at -1 for motion code 13 and stays that way.  

Sounds like it's the root cause of the issue. I've read in other forums that it's a common issue with the dualshock 4 controller that one of the triggers value gets stuck at -1. This is the motion code 13. What does the controller test shows when you press the triggers? And does the motion code 13 shows up when you are moving the sticks?

One more thing to this: someone experienced this issue only when the controller was connected through USB OTG, but it worked ok using bluetooth. How are you connecting your controller to the android device?

Edited by imurvai
more info