anothergol

[MOC] Another AT-ST version 4.5

9 hours ago, anothergol said:

Having studied both models, the one on Hoth, while pretty different, doesn't have that much longer legs. It's mainly that we see it with the legs extended. This thing can look much taller when you fully extend the legs.

Wait but in that picture the wookieepedia is the same height as the minifigsĀ and as we all know wookies are a good bit bigger than humans so that's still actually not all that close to accurate scale

3 hours ago, Tracytron said:

Wait but in that picture the wookieepedia is the same height as the minifigsĀ and as we all know wookies are a good bit bigger than humans so that's still actually not all that close to accurate scale

I picked the wookie for the picture because it's standing up, but the kit comes with sitting pilots. It's exactly the same scaling problem.

This problem isn't even related to the AT-ST, either you consider that minifigs are midgets and you can make things to scale without too many problems, or you consider that minifigs are abnormally fat and have hydrocephaly, and then it's normal that you can't fit minifigs in anything. Same problem has always applied to Lego cars.

3 hours ago, anothergol said:

I picked the wookie for the picture because it's standing up, but the kit comes with sitting pilots. It's exactly the same scaling problem.

This problem isn't even related to the AT-ST, either you consider that minifigs are midgets and you can make things to scale without too many problems, or you consider that minifigs are abnormally fat and have hydrocephaly, and then it's normal that you can't fit minifigs in anything. Same problem has always applied to Lego cars.

Lol it's hard but it ISĀ possibleĀ 

Ā hey it's not perfect but it's pretty damn close

Even though they don't fit in a natural way, that car is 6 studs wide anyway. A "minifig-height" scaled AT-ST would have to be 5 studs wide for the minifigs, and that's including the walls, the most problematic.

1 hour ago, anothergol said:

Even though they don't fit in a natural way, that car is 6 studs wide anyway. A "minifig-height" scaled AT-ST would have to be 5 studs wide for the minifigs, and that's including the walls, the most problematic.

Eh. How did we even get into this conversation lol? Eh I'm probably just holding you up on the moc I'll shut up now. But anyway I get what you're trying to say scaling with a minifig is hard cause they're fat I know lol I just personally think it should be a little shorter not necessarily with the head at all but at least with the legs lol

On 06/10/2016 at 2:13 AM, Forresto said:

Hey Anothergol i'm curious if you bought the new Rogue OneĀ AT-ST? I wanted to know your opinion onĀ it? If at all possibleĀ itĀ would be pretty cool to see a comparison shot between yours and TLG's.

I've made a new album for version 2.3.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskMqtT6D

I've used the sticker for the console of the official set, it fits pretty well on a 2x2 curved slope.

29941665854_dd742b1dbf_z_d.jpg

29939712743_857e1c4b95_z_d.jpg

30573348845_6d14681af8_z_d.jpg

30274232360_c98e48cd96_z_d.jpg

30274296700_da6c42d388_z_d.jpg

30456442122_b55b7a1dc3_z_d.jpg

Edited by anothergol

Love the comparison. I just pulled some parts to make v2, little did I know 2.3 would be dropping so soon. Do you plan on releasingĀ the lxf files for these rolling updates?Ā 

May I ask what the best way of buying all the bricks needed is? I'm new to all this!

Ā 

ignore this! I found it.

Edited by Dapen

if anyone has a parts list for this and wouldnt mind sending it to me i would be very grateful. I am on Mac and can find no way of doing it. last time i had a go (doing LiLime snowspeeder took me about two days going through LDD and looking up each individual part! )

Ā 

2 hours ago, smiffyraf1 said:

if anyone has a parts list for this and wouldnt mind sending it to me i would be very grateful. I am on Mac and can find no way of doing it. last time i had a go (doing LiLime snowspeeder took me about two days going through LDD and looking up each individual part! )

Ā 

If he has the most recent version available on LDD, I could createĀ a BrickStock part list, that you could upload to your Bricklink wanted list (like what I did with my improovedĀ Snowspeeder), and I will give the file link toĀ anothergol so he canĀ upload add to his original post.

thanks LiLme that would be awesome. i have the updated LDD file but there is nothing for macs to extract the part list as i found out from doing your snowspeeder you literally have to go throughĀ one part at a time.Ā 

19 minutes ago, smiffyraf1 said:

thanks LiLme that would be awesome. i have the updated LDD file but there is nothing for macs to extract the part list as i found out from doing your snowspeeder you literally have to go throughĀ one part at a time.Ā 

Fortunately, BrickStock works on Macs (myself a Mac user) and functions pretty simply, anyway, tell theĀ page where youĀ downloaded your file and I can begin working from there.

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

12 hours ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

Alright, thank you. Ā I will probably have it doneĀ aroundĀ on December 9-10 (most likely the ninth).

Ā 

Wow you're awesome if you do this. :)

I've ordered the parts for v 2.1, is there a way on Bricklink to buy only additional parts? I'm new to it.

On December 8, 2016 at 2:27 PM, smiffyraf1 said:

im just on v.2. from this threadĀ http://www.fiastarta...ST/AT-ST_v2.lxf

Ā 

On December 9, 2016 at 7:03 AM, Dapen said:

Ā 

Wow you're awesome if you do this. :)

I've ordered the parts for v 2.1, is there a way on Bricklink to buy only additional parts? I'm new to it.

Link to the file (you will need to download BrickStock if you have not already)ā€”I made a few changes regarding the type of mold and colorsĀ for some elements, but anything else I left unchangedā€¦

Ā 

@DapenĀ Once you buy parts from the wanted list they will mark off as acquiredā€¦

2 hours ago, perrush said:

Hi, Ā is this a complete list for version 2 ?

Pretty much, minus the minifigures.Ā Ā ThoughĀ it may have extra parts, but more sounds better than less, right?

I've finally built this! My first bricklink / LLD custom model and I have to say it looks so cool, thanks anothergol!Ā 

I did think at first it would never stand on its own but then I realised I had missed two vital bits... 2 of the high friction bracket things! With those correctly in place it now stands on its own and looks amazing!Ā 

Following the instructions in the LLD was a challenge but in some ways part of the fun also :)Ā 

It is quite easy to break, so I added one 1x4 on each side, inside, to give it a little more strength. I might try to change up the legs a little not sure. Number one priority now is to create a base for it. I'm thinking of a sand one to give it a rogue one Jedha vibe.Ā 

Thanks again anothergol!Ā 

15 days left to vote for it, for the honor. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/112665

Interestingly, both AT-ST's on Lego Ideas ended up with nearly the same amount of votes, 2500. Which would mean that people really do vote for the idea more than the build (as both are really different), which is weird considering Lego just released another one.

I just grabbed a couple of the new 1/4 disk tiles in LBG, which can be used to round the corners on the top plate. I haven't found a use for the other new parts from the Assembly Square on it.